Home Forum Blog Private Support Courses
Our courses are now on YouTube! Start Watching
Hovatek Forum OPERATING SYSTEMS Android [Tutorial] How to resize partitions on an android phone using Parted

[Tutorial] How to resize partitions on an android phone using Parted

[Tutorial] How to resize partitions on an android phone using Parted

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Bharath Gowda
Bharath Gowda
Bharath Gowda
Newbie
1
01-12-2020, 12:43 AM
#11



Moto g XT1033

I want to increase the system storage. But i have this

34 822MB 1845MB 1023MB ext2 system msftdata
35 1845MB 1854MB 8389kB kpan
36 1854MB 15.7GB 13.9GB userdata msftdata

how to backup kpan and restore it?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
51,003
04-01-2021, 10:09 AM
#12
(01-12-2020, 12:43 AM)Bharath Gowda ...
how to backup kpan and restore it?

if you have twrp, then you can backup using twrp (might need to modify the /ramdisk/etc/recovery.fstab to include kpan partition)
if you have root, you could use adb dd ; method 1 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1405.html and kpan should be /dev/block/mmcblk0p35

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
Senior Member
10,420
16-03-2021, 03:26 PM
#13
The issue I am having is that I am unable to push parted to my sbin when I run adb push parted /sbin.
No notice
But I can pull any files when I am on TWRP
Which means that my MTP and adb is working.pls how can I fix this issue.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
51,003
17-03-2021, 10:32 AM
#14
(16-03-2021, 03:26 PM)kelvinchinedu The issue I am having is that I am unable to push parted to my sbin when I run adb push parted /sbin.
No notice
But I can pull any files when I am on TWRP
Which means that my MTP and adb is working.pls how can I fix this issue.

create a new thread for this, in the new thread state the android version and also attach a screenshot of the commands you sent prior to the adb push command

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
Bavin
Bavin
Bavin
Enthusiastic Member
14
17-03-2021, 02:56 PM
#15

Mediatek Course Mediatek Course


Hi,

I'm having some issues after "parted /dev/block/mmcblk0" it says "sbin/parted: line 6: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")"
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
Senior Member
10,420
17-03-2021, 07:54 PM
#16
Ok I will
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
51,003
18-03-2021, 08:40 AM
#17
(17-03-2021, 02:56 PM)Bavin Hi,

I'm having some issues after "parted /dev/block/mmcblk0" it says "sbin/parted: line 6: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")"

are you using the right version of your phone's architecture? see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13054.html

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
Bavin
Bavin
Bavin
Enthusiastic Member
14
18-03-2021, 08:49 AM
#18
(18-03-2021, 08:40 AM)X3non
(17-03-2021, 02:56 PM)Bavin Hi,

I'm having some issues after "parted /dev/block/mmcblk0" it says "sbin/parted: line 6: syntax error: unexpected word (expecting ")")"

are you using the right version of your phone's architecture? see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13054.html

CPU Architecture: ARMv7 rev 5 (v7I)
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
51,003
19-03-2021, 11:17 AM
#19
(18-03-2021, 08:49 AM)Bavin CPU Architecture: ARMv7 rev 5 (v7I)

so you're to use ARM

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
Senior Member
10,420
24-03-2021, 05:31 AM
#20
My adb and MTP is working but do I need Also fasgboot for my parted to be able to work?.
Because I notice that PC does not detect my phone on fast boot ,but adb and MTP is working ,but unable to push parted to my device when I run "adb push parted /shin" command ,it will just hang there
Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Users browsing this thread:
 6 Guest(s)
Users browsing this thread:
 6 Guest(s)
WhTlYt