Home Forum Blog Private Support Courses
Our courses are now on YouTube! Start Watching
Hovatek Forum OPERATING SYSTEMS Android [Tutorial] How to resize partitions on an android phone using Parted

[Tutorial] How to resize partitions on an android phone using Parted

[Tutorial] How to resize partitions on an android phone using Parted

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
51,003
24-03-2021, 10:18 AM
#21



(24-03-2021, 05:31 AM)kelvinchinedu My adb and MTP is working but do I need Also fasgboot for my parted to be able to work?.
Because I notice that PC does not detect my phone on fast boot ,but adb and MTP is working ,but unable to push parted to my device when I run "adb push parted /shin" command ,it will just hang there

already replied to @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-38457.html
This post was last modified: 24-03-2021, 10:20 AM by X3non.

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
javadoverall
javadoverall
javadoverall
Enthusiastic Member
13
29-07-2021, 07:39 PM
#22
hi ..how can i reset my partitions?.my partitions is go to fu...
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
51,003
30-07-2021, 11:56 AM
#23
(29-07-2021, 07:39 PM)javadoverall hi ..how can i reset my partitions?.my partitions is go to fu...

don't understand what you mean by this, create a new thread for your device issue by clicking "ask question" at the top and be sure to properly explain the problem you encounter

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
javadoverall
javadoverall
javadoverall
Enthusiastic Member
13
30-07-2021, 03:57 PM
#24
(30-07-2021, 11:56 AM)X3non
(29-07-2021, 07:39 PM)javadoverall hi ..how can i reset my partitions?.my partitions is go to fu...

don't understand what you mean by this, create a new thread for your device issue by clicking "ask question" at the top and be sure to properly explain the problem you encounter

I was working on my mobile when the laptop power went out and now I only have access to my phone's fast boot. And I deleted some of my hard drive partitions. How can I restore my phone's partition settings?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
51,003
31-07-2021, 11:47 AM
#25

Mediatek Course Mediatek Course


(30-07-2021, 03:57 PM)javadoverall I was working on my mobile when the laptop power went out and now I only have access to my phone's fast boot. And I deleted some of my hard drive partitions. How can I restore my phone's partition settings?

replied to @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-39775.html
This post was last modified: 31-07-2021, 11:55 AM by X3non.

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
NightFox
NightFox
NightFox
Newbie
1
09-07-2022, 08:47 AM
#26
(17-07-2020, 04:10 AM)PiusĀ Oblie Hi. How to solve permission denied when I typed chmod 777 /sbin/parted

sudo chmod 777 /sbin/parted
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
Senior Member
10,420
09-07-2022, 12:01 PM
#27
U have to type
Sudo su

Before any other command
hawk8
hawk8
hawk8
Newbie
1
15-08-2022, 12:04 AM
#28
(21-03-2020, 12:41 AM)X3non This is a step by step guide showing how to resize partitions on an android phone using Parted. This guide will come in handy if you're trying to reduce the size of a partition e.g system partition and increase another partition e.g userdata partition
..
Does it only possible with a custom recovery to execute these ADB commands? everytime I install the TWRP, the Magisk root fades away. After all, my issue with resize after Magisk install is better related here. Thanks for your attention in advance.
This post was last modified: 15-08-2022, 05:04 PM by hovatek.
CarlosCMD
CarlosCMD
CarlosCMD
Junior Member
26
20-02-2023, 05:12 PM
#29
No twrp for my device. Any work around for this, pixel experience gsi is too large coz of the gaps.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
Senior Member
10,420
20-02-2023, 08:27 PM
#30
Use fastbootd and make sure u delete logical partition and also recreate it to be 6000kb and flash the product_gsi.img
Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Users browsing this thread:
 1 Guest(s)
Users browsing this thread:
 1 Guest(s)
WhTlYt