Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to use NCK Pro Box to backup Mediatek (MTK) firmware
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to use NCK Pro Box to backup Mediatek (MTK) firmware

[Tutorial] How to use NCK Pro Box to backup Mediatek (MTK) firmware

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-04-2018, 08:41 AM

This guide will explain how to use NCK Pro Box to backup or dump the firmware of a Mediatek (MTK) Android device in scatter format. Its important to backup so you have something to unbrick your device in the future.

Requirements

Steps to backup or dump a Mediatek Android phone's firmware (scatter format) using NCK Pro Box

Follow the steps below to use NCK Pro Box to backup a Mediatek device's firmware

See the video tutorial below or at https://youtu.be/MFluglCCrnc

1. Launch NCK Box Android MTK module as Administrator

[Image: How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek-Android...-Box-1.jpg]

2. Under Main > Phone settings, leave the first dropdown as 0-by-CPU and select your phone's chipset (MTxxxx) from the second dropdown

[Image: How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek-Android...-Box-2.jpg]

3. Depending on whether or not you wish to backup userdata, tick or untick Dump Userdata

[Image: How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek-Android...-Box-3.jpg]

4. Click Dump Firmware

[Image: How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek-Android...-Box-4.jpg]

5. Once you see Please insert USB cable now.., power off the phone (still with battery in), don't hold any button then connect to the box via a USB cord

[Image: How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek-Android...-Box-5.jpg]

6. The device should get detected

[Image: How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek-Android...-Box-6.jpg]

7. NCK Pro box should start backing up the phone's partitions (DO NOT interrupt)

[Image: How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek-Android...-Box-7.jpg]

8. You should get a Done message and the location of the backup once the backup process is complete

[Image: How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek-Android...-Box-8.jpg]

9. Disconnect and power up the phone

Important Notice
  • NCK Pro Box requires a hardware box to work. Installing and running the Module without the hardware won't work
  • If you are running a loader version then your antivirus might flag it. You are responsible for allowing the tool to run anyway
  • Scatter backups made using this tool are SP Flash tool flashable
  • Ensure you have sufficient storage space on your PC as this could be a source of errors
  • Its important you do not interrupt the backup process else the device could get bricked. Should that happen, take out and re-insert the battery or just keep charging (if inbuilt)

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to backup or dump a Mediatek Android phone's firmware using NCK Pro box MTK module you need to have the hardware box and need to have set it up. We have a guide on how to do that You need to have installed Your Mediatek USB VCOM drivers. We also have a guide for that You need to have Your phone. Your MTK phone which You intend to backup and You have to know the phone's chipsets. Your chipset is something like MTxxxx so if You don't know your phone's chipset, We have a guide on how to find out Your phone's chipset so follow that guide and find out Your phone's chipset and of course You need to have downloaded and installed the NCK Pro box MTK module .We have a guide on how to download the module then You also install.

Once You have all these in place the next thing You'll want to do is to run the NCK box AndroidMTK module as Administrator and if prompted, You select Yes. The reason why You're installing as Admin is because You might run into permission issues during the backup process okay? So to avoid that, its best You just run as Administrator all right? and then of course You need to have powered off the MTK phone which You intend to backup but don't connect it to the box or the PC yet. Just power if off and put it aside. so I'm waiting for the NCK Pro dashboard to come up. Seems to be taking a while to come up so I'll just have to wait.

Alright! Great! Dashboard is up. Now, what You'll want to do is to either come under the Main or under the Backup tab it's going to be about the same procedure but I'm going to be backing up from under Main. The differences is that under this backup part, when You are backing up from this place, it backs up in the bin format (that's .bin) and this is going to backup in scatter so I want to backup in scatter format alright. So I'm going to backup from this very place.

Now, what You'll want to do under Phone Setting is to leave the first option as 0 by CPU. Now, under this second drop-down, what You'll want to do is select Your phone's chipset. Now, my phone is an MT6580 phone so I'l just select the MT6580 from that drop-down and then head over to this part. Now, if You want to backup the phone's userdata what You need to do is just tick Dump Userdata but I don't want to backup userdata because that'll make the backup take a little longer but it's very important to do that if You intend to backup your data.

Now, at this point, What You'll want to do is to go ahead to click Dump Firmware. Now, when You see "Please insert USB cable", You power off the device, still with battery inside, don't hold any button, then connect it to the box via a USB cord and don''t forget that the box goes
into the PC then Your phone goes into the box..and I have backup. So this is dumping preloader and backup has begun possessing NVRAM I have my protect_1. So this is backing up in scatter format so once done backing up in scatter format, You can always flash with SP Flash tool or You flash it back with NCK box if You're having problems flashing via SP Flash tool.

So it's very important to just sit back and let this possess complete it's very important You do not interrupt a backup process because if You interrupt a backup or flash process for Your MTK phone, its going to cause the phone to go totally dead as in it's not going to respond to power or anything or buttons so in that kind of situation, what You'll want to do is keep charging the phone till it comes up. If it still doesn't boot up, You take out the battery if its removable, reinsert and keep charging till the phone comes up so to avoid going through that stress - it could take a couple of hours to even days to revive Your phone - its very important You do not interrupt a backup or flash process.

So I'm just going to pause here because this backup is going to take a while and I'll get back to recording this video once back up is almost complete. Alright! So we are currently backing up system this is the largest partition I'm backing up in this particular backup since I unticked userdata, this is going to take a while to backup because it's the heaviest partition of them all so its very important You do not get impatient and maybe stop or disconnect the phone if this seems to be taking a while alright? just be patient okay? After quite a while,
we are almost done with backing up system this is 99% and after system, it'll just be few other smaller partitions and then backup should be complete.

Okay, 100% for system Alright! Great! So backup is done and it is saved to this directory. All You have to do is just check this directory for Your backup folder. So that's how to backup or dump a Mediatek Android phone's firmware using NCK box Android MTK module
This post was last modified: 23-08-2018, 06:33 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
slimkim101
slimkim101
slimkim101
Techie Member
29-09-2018, 06:24 AM
Good morning. Please I need a link to download NCK mtk software loader version that would work with PC without a hardware box..
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
29-09-2018, 10:03 AM
(29-09-2018, 06:24 AM)slimkim101 Good morning. Please I need a link to download NCK mtk software loader version that would work with PC without a hardware box..

checkout
This post was last modified: 01-10-2018, 07:54 AM by hovatek.
slimkim101
slimkim101
slimkim101
Techie Member
29-09-2018, 12:47 PM
(29-09-2018, 10:03 AM)babaJ5
(29-09-2018, 06:24 AM)slimkim101 Good morning. Please I need a link to download NCK mtk software loader version that would work with PC without a hardware box..

checkout
Please show me the link.. I'm unable to play the video. Please send me the link to the YouTube and also NCK Pro Box with loader without Box
This post was last modified: 01-10-2018, 07:55 AM by hovatek.
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
29-09-2018, 03:19 PM

(29-09-2018, 12:47 PM)slimkim101
(29-09-2018, 10:03 AM)babaJ5

checkout
Please show me the link.. I'm unable to play the video. Please send me the link to the YouTube and also NCK Pro Box with loader without Box

check https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blOaNZWSekU
13-10-2018, 10:14 AM
i try to dump my firmware with NCK with but it is going past "sending DA agent, please wait"
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-10-2018, 05:11 PM
(13-10-2018, 10:14 AM)GladSome Mind Corkal i try to dump my firmware with NCK with but it is going past "sending DA agent, please wait"

create a new thread so we'll focus on this
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread
in the new thread, also state you device model
AkAugust
AkAugust
AkAugust
11-11-2018, 07:19 AM
I just bought the NCKBOX PRO but I dont know how to use it or what to download. There arent any instructions for it.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-11-2018, 01:02 PM
(11-11-2018, 07:19 AM)AkAugust I just bought the NCKBOX PRO but I dont know how to use it or what to download. There arent any instructions for it.

You should start from the guide at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-22354.html
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
11-11-2018, 01:05 PM

(11-11-2018, 07:19 AM)AkAugust I just bought the NCKBOX PRO but I dont know how to use it or what to download. There arent any instructions for it.

Refer to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-22354.html for how to setup NCK Pro Box.

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek Mobile