Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Trouble with rooting UMX U683CL
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Trouble with rooting UMX U683CL

[Please help] Trouble with rooting UMX U683CL

Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next
somnomania
somnomania
somnomania
13-11-2022, 04:16 AM

I'm having so much trouble with this process, I think at least in part because it's a no-name brand, but also many guides I'm finding on the rooting process are very much "draw the rest of the owl". Lots of "okay now do this with this file" without explaining how to do that or where to get the file, which leads me to my current problem. I'm trying to follow the guide here. Where I'm stuck is "GPT file from your firmware or backup". No idea how to obtain that. I have the firehose programmer file, I think; the main guide I'm following to try and root my phone, here, says I need prog_emmc_ufs_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.elf, which I've downloaded. I have all the drivers, I have QFiL, I have QPST, I have Qualcomm GPTtool, and I don't understand what to do with any of them or why it's not working. What I need, based on the main guide I'm using, is rawprogram0.xml and patch0.xml. But I need the GPT file to generate those? I'm so far over my head with this, I just want my phone rooted and working.  Sad
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-11-2022, 08:00 AM
(13-11-2022, 04:16 AM)somnomania I'm having so much trouble with this process, I think at least in part because it's a no-name brand, but also many guides I'm finding on the rooting process are very much "draw the rest of the owl". Lots of "okay now do this with this file" without explaining how to do that or where to get the file, which leads me to my current problem. I'm trying to follow the guide here. Where I'm stuck is "GPT file from your firmware or backup". No idea how to obtain that. I have the firehose programmer file, I think; the main guide I'm following to try and root my phone, here, says I need prog_emmc_ufs_firehose_Sdm660_ddr.elf, which I've downloaded. I have all the drivers, I have QFiL, I have QPST, I have Qualcomm GPTtool, and I don't understand what to do with any of them or why it's not working. What I need, based on the main guide I'm using, is rawprogram0.xml and patch0.xml. But I need the GPT file to generate those? I'm so far over my head with this, I just want my phone rooted and working.  Sad

You shouldn't need these to root the phone.

1. Is bootloader unlocked?
2. What's the Android version?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
somnomania
somnomania
somnomania
14-11-2022, 02:57 PM
Bootloader is unlocked as far as I can tell. Android version is 8.1. I have the boot.img that I patched with Magisk, but even trying to use that is getting me problems.

[Image: 2022-11-12-22-21-22-Administrator-C-Wind...md-exe.png]
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-11-2022, 07:04 PM
(14-11-2022, 02:57 PM)somnomania Bootloader is unlocked as far as I can tell. Android version is 8.1. I have the boot.img that I patched with Magisk, but even trying to use that is getting me problems.

1. What version of fastboot are you using?
2. Try backup with miracle thunder 2.81 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-25452.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
somnomania
somnomania
somnomania
18-11-2022, 02:50 AM

1. I have no idea. When I boot into fastboot mode, it gives me the following information: "Product name - MSM8909, Variant - QRD eMMC, Bootloader version - , Baseband version - , Serial number - (I'm leaving this out), Secure boot - disabled, Device state - unlocked". Bootloader and baseband version are both empty. If you mean ADB & Fastboot, I'm using 33.0.3 of SDK Platform Tools, but I just installed Minimal ADB Fastboot 1.4.3.

2. Within that guide, I'm running into problems. I downloaded the Qualcomm drivers but I have no idea if they're installed or not yet; I double-clicked all the .msi files in the folder, and got a brief popup for each about Windows configuring them, but nothing else. Additionally, once booted into EDL mode (via ADB, regardless of what version of ADB), my phone is getting detected as QHSUSB_Bulk, and Miracle Thunder is not seeing it. Could this be due to my failed attempts to root? I can factory reset again if need be. Also I don't understand what the backing up is actually for. Is it to do the patched ROM version via Magisk or something similar, to confirm that it's my exact phone's ROM?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-11-2022, 05:23 AM
(18-11-2022, 02:50 AM)somnomania ... my phone is getting detected as QHSUSB_Bulk, and Miracle Thunder is not seeing it...

Install Qualcomm drivers
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16965.html

Note!
somnomania
somnomania
somnomania
24-11-2022, 08:03 AM
I did already have them installed, apparently, but I chose to repair them just in case. When I plug my phone into the computer, do "adb devices" and then "adb reboot edl" to put my phone in download mode, it shows up in Device Manager as QHSUSB_Bulk still. Every guide I've seen seems to imply that I can put my phone in download mode from the phone (i.e. boot the phone in download mode and THEN plug it into the computer), but I don't know how to do that. If, once it's in download mode, I then unplug it from the computer and then plug it back in, Windows tells me USB device not recognized, and it's in Device Manager as Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I then have to open my phone and take the battery out to get it back out of download mode so I can start over.

If I try the other installation method, I have the same end result. I reboot the phone in EDL mode, it shows up as QHSUSB_Bulk. I choose to update drivers, I browse my computer, I pick from a list of available (which is the downloaded one and Care Suite something, which I assume is connected to the fact that it's a former Lifeline phone), I select the downloaded one and install. Windows tells me it's installed successfully, but then if I refresh Device Manager, the phone is still showing up as Unknown USB Device.
justinbro5891
justinbro5891
justinbro5891
Enthusiastic Member
26-11-2022, 09:53 PM
(24-11-2022, 08:03 AM)somnomania I did already have them installed, apparently, but I chose to repair them just in case. When I plug my phone into the computer, do "adb devices" and then "adb reboot edl" to put my phone in download mode, it shows up in Device Manager as QHSUSB_Bulk still. Every guide I've seen seems to imply that I can put my phone in download mode from the phone (i.e. boot the phone in download mode and THEN plug it into the computer), but I don't know how to do that. If, once it's in download mode, I then unplug it from the computer and then plug it back in, Windows tells me USB device not recognized, and it's in Device Manager as Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I then have to open my phone and take the battery out to get it back out of download mode so I can start over.

If I try the other installation method, I have the same end result. I reboot the phone in EDL mode, it shows up as QHSUSB_Bulk. I choose to update drivers, I browse my computer, I pick from a list of available (which is the downloaded one and Care Suite something, which I assume is connected to the fact that it's a former Lifeline phone), I select the downloaded one and install. Windows tells me it's installed successfully, but then if I refresh Device Manager, the phone is still showing up as Unknown USB Device.

Here are all the files you need in my drive, you will need to get 9008 mode working though. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tAVY31Q...share_link
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
28-11-2022, 04:08 PM
(24-11-2022, 08:03 AM)somnomania I did already have them installed, apparently, but I chose to repair them just in case. When I plug my phone into the computer, do "adb devices" and then "adb reboot edl" to put my phone in download mode, it shows up in Device Manager as QHSUSB_Bulk still. Every guide I've seen seems to imply that I can put my phone in download mode from the phone (i.e. boot the phone in download mode and THEN plug it into the computer), but I don't know how to do that. If, once it's in download mode, I then unplug it from the computer and then plug it back in, Windows tells me USB device not recognized, and it's in Device Manager as Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). I then have to open my phone and take the battery out to get it back out of download mode so I can start over.

QHSUSB_Bulk means you have not installed drivers correctly
somnomania
somnomania
somnomania
07-12-2022, 05:14 PM

And how do I do that? I'm not finding much online about to get INTO that mode, only out of it. And apologies, I didn't get notifs for these replies for some reason, I've been sitting around wondering if my thread got dropped or something. @maxpayne Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?
Pages (4): 1 2 3 4 Next