Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to use MTK Client to flash Mediatek firmware
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to use MTK Client to flash Mediatek firmware

[Tutorial] How to use MTK Client to flash Mediatek firmware

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
18-11-2021, 03:06 PM

This guide will explain how to flash a Mediatek Android device's firmware using MTK Client. This will come in very handy for those with secure boot and do not have the DA file.

Requirements

Steps to flash Mediatek firmware using mtkclient

Follow the steps below to flash a Mediatek device's firmware using mtk client

1. Open the mtkclient folder, right-click the address bar at the top and copy the address

[Image: How-to-unlock-Mediatek-bootloader-using-...t-1-1.webp]

2. Launch Command prompt and type cd (type space) then paste the address you copied and tap enter

[Image: How-to-unlock-Mediatek-bootloader-using-...t-2-1.webp]

3. You're set to run commands

[Image: How-to-unlock-Mediatek-bootloader-using-...t-3-1.webp]

4. Run the following commands

Code:

python setup.py install
    pip3 install -r requirements.txt

or

Code:

py -3 setup.py install
    py -3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt

5. To flash boot and vbmeta for example, copy both files (or all files in the firmware) into the mtk client folder, run the command below then connect the device in BROM mode

Code:

python mtk w boot,vbmeta boot.img,vbmeta.img

or

Code:

py -3 mtk w boot,vbmeta boot.img,vbmeta.img

6. To flash a single partition -say boot -, the command would be

Code:

python mtk w boot boot.img

or

Code:

py -3 mtk w boot boot.img

7. To flash all the files from a folder called out, the command would be

Code:

python mtk wl out

or

Code:

py -3 mtk wl out

Important Notice
  • The partition names might be different for A/B devices (i.e. include a _a or _b suffix)
  • This technique will work whether or not the bootloader is unlocked
  • For LG Stylo 6, remove all loaders in mtkclient-main\mtkclient\Loader except MTK_AllInOne_DA_5.2136.bin
  • If you get '[LIB]: ←[31mError on sending emi: unpack requires a buffer of 12 bytes←[0m' then delete mtkclient/Loader/MTK_AllInOne_DA_5.1824.bin
  • You might find mtkclient quite slow with doing full flash or flashing large partitions. You could instead just use it to bypass SLA/DAA using the command

Code:

python mtk payload

or

Code:

py -3 mtk payload

Once this is successful, leave the device connected then proceed with flashing up with SP Flash tool
  • If you encounter 'pip3' is not recognized as an internal command or external, an operable program or a batch file. then try
    Code:

py -3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt
  • You can also use MTK Client GUI by running
    Code:

python mtk_gui

or

Code:

py -3 mtk_gui

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to flash files or firmware to your Mediatek Android device using MTK client. First, you need to have MTK client, you need to have installed your python (tick add to path when installing), you need to install USBDK, you need to install your Mediatek USB drivers. Of course you need to download mtk client, I'll link to all these.

Now, once you have these in place, you open MTK client. Now, first thing you do is to setup. If you already did this when unlocking bootloader or backing up, you don't need to repeat the process. Just for those who are seeing this for the first time. Once you open the MTK client folder, you right-click at the top, you click copy address, you open command prompt then you cd to the mtk client
directory.

Now, to setup, you run these two commands. Skip this part if you already did. Now, I'll be flashing to my device. These are the two files I want to flash; boot and this vbmeta. Now, the structure of the commands is the same, just your slot , your partition names might vary. Let's say I want to flash just boot, one file, one partition, this is what the command is going to look like. Now, if yours is A only, what you'll have is something like this, just boot as the partition name but this device I'm working on (an LG K51) is AB so this is what I'm going to have.

Flashing to slot a and if you want to flash multiple files at a time, this is what the command looks like. This is a constant part, the partition names separated by commas, then space then the corresponding file names separated by commas. Don't forget the order has to match what you have here, the partition order should match file name order. You just have a space in between the groupings. Alright, let me flash just one file first. Boot image. So I copy this command, I already have my boot.img here in the same directory, I also have my vbmeta.img here in the same directory. So I'm flashing to slot a because mine is AB.

So now you boot the device into brom and connect it to the PC. Alright, so that is done. Lets say I want to flash multiple files, this is what the command looks like. It can be as long as you need it to be. I'll just flash two files to two partitions. The same thing; brom then connect to PC. Alright, so that's done. So that's how to flash files to your mediatek Android device using MTK client.
This post was last modified: 05-11-2023, 10:29 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
24-11-2021, 01:54 AM
Here's how to do the stylo 6 on windows 10
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/how-t...t-85982185
Timmylog
Timmylog
Timmylog
Experienced Member
25-11-2021, 04:34 PM
Am i supposed to have internet access every single time i want to use the tool or its only on the first run?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
26-11-2021, 08:52 AM
(25-11-2021, 04:34 PM)Timmylog Am i supposed to have internet access every single time i want to use the tool or its only on the first run?

First run / setup

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
wesside298
wesside298
wesside298
Enthusiastic Member
29-11-2021, 05:25 AM

hello..and greetings from las vegas..i was wondering??whoever was doin this post..said they were working on a k-51..i .too am working on a k51..lol..this phone is a rather diff.one.would there b any way i could get access to all the notes for this phone???i know..prob.asking alot..but i was a microsoft employee..doing computers..i just started doin phones a few months back..but any and all on the k51 would greatly be highly anticipated..i am using this phone now..as this is my pratice phone for mtk..root bootloader full rom dump and everything else...t.y.v.m.for your time..this is great if i could get it
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-11-2021, 09:58 AM
(29-11-2021, 05:25 AM)wesside298 hello..and greetings from las vegas..i was wondering??whoever was doin this post..said they were working on a k-51..i .too am working on a k51..lol..this phone is a rather diff.one.would there b any way i could get access to all the notes for this phone???i know..prob.asking alot..but i was a microsoft employee..doing computers..i just started doin phones a few months back..but any and all on the k51 would greatly be highly anticipated..i am using this phone now..as this is my pratice phone for mtk..root bootloader full rom dump and everything else...t.y.v.m.for your time..this is great if i could get it

Create a thread by clicking Ask Question at the top. Ask all the questions you have

Note!
commitedpassion
commitedpassion
commitedpassion
Enthusiastic Member
28-04-2022, 08:54 AM
this didn't work for me..... after following the process carefully i ran into this error when trying to flash boot.img
(ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'edlclient)

please check out the screenshot below.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot (7).png
Size: 121.89 KB / Downloads: 24
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
29-04-2022, 10:27 PM
Tell me the command u use when flashing
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-04-2022, 09:05 AM
(28-04-2022, 08:54 AM)commitedpassion this didn't work for me..... after following the process carefully i ran into this error when trying to flash boot.img
(ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'edlclient)

please check out the screenshot below.

Create a thread by clicking Ask Question at the top

Note!
commitedpassion
commitedpassion
commitedpassion
Enthusiastic Member
30-04-2022, 08:30 PM

(29-04-2022, 10:27 PM)kelvinchinedu Tell me the command u use when flashing

I've fixed the phone bro, thanks
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next