Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to use NCK Pro box to flash Unisoc / Spreadtrum pac file firmware
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to use NCK Pro box to flash Unisoc / Spreadtrum pac file firmware

[Tutorial] How to use NCK Pro box to flash Unisoc / Spreadtrum pac file firmware

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-04-2018, 08:25 AM

This guide will explain how to flash a Spreadtrum (SPD) Android phone's firmware / pac file using NCK Pro Box Spreadtrum module. Bricked devices can be fixed by flashing the right firmware.

Requirements

Steps to flash a Spreadtrum Android firmware or pac file using NCK Pro box

Follow the steps below to flash a Spreadtrum (SPD) pac file or firmware with NCK Pro Box

See the video tutorial below or at https://youtu.be/OMCIQU5dqPM

1. Launch NCK Pro Box Spreadtrum module

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-firmwa...-box-1.jpg]

2. Under the Pac Flasher tab, click Open PAC File

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-firmwa...-box-2.jpg]

3. In the Window that pops up, navigate to the location of the pac file, highlight it then click Open

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-firmwa...-box-3.jpg]

4. The PAC file's details should get displayed

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-firmwa...-box-4.jpg]

5. If you wish to select which partition(s) to flash, click Firmware Settings

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-firmwa...-box-5.jpg]

6. Tick the partition(s) you wish to flash (fdl & fdl2 are mandatory) then click OK

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-firmwa...-box-6.jpg]

7. Click Flash Phone

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-firmwa...-box-7.jpg]

8. Once you see Keep key until boot complete, power off the device (still with battery in), hold the volume down button (its volume up button on some SPD phones) then connect to the box via a USB cord

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-firmwa...-box-8.jpg]

9. The device should get detected

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-firmwa...-box-9.jpg]

10. Flashing should begin, do not interrupt

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-firmwa...box-10.jpg]

11. You should get a Done message once flashing is complete.

[Image: How-to-flash-a-Spreadtrum-Android-firmwa...box-11.jpg]

12. Disconnect and power up the device

Important Notice
  • NCK Pro Box requires a hardware box to run. Only installing and running the setup won't work
  • If you are running a loader version (no box needed) then your antivirus might throw a warning. Its up to you to heed or ignore
  • Avoid flashing a firmware which isn't for your model or build as this might brick the device
  • Its recommended that you backup your firmware before flashing in case the firmware you flash bricks the device
  • Avoid interrupting the tool while flashing as it could brick the device. If this happens then take out and re-insert the battery and retry

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to flash a firmware or pac file to a Spreadtrum Android device within NCK Pro box Spreadtrum module. First off, You need to have the hardware box and You need to have set it up. We have a guide on how to do that. You also need to have installed your USB drivers; Your Spreadtrum USB drivers. We also have a guide for that.

You need to have installed the NCK box Spreadtrum module. We have a tutorial for that and of course You need to have the firmware which You intend to flash. Mine is a PAC file. alright? and then of course You need to have the Spreadtrum phone which You intend to flash. Powered off, still with battery in but not connected to the PC yet. Now, with all these in place, the next thing You want to do is to run the NCK Spreadtrum module.

I prefer to run as Administrator so I don't run into permission issues because sometimes You might have some permission errors when flashing or backing up alright? So just to avoid anything like that, I prefer to run all my modules as Administrator. So I'm waiting for the dashboard to come up and then we can proceed. Alright! Great! so the dashboard is up.

Great! Now, the next thing You'll want to do is to come under the Pac Flasher tab then You'll want to click on Open PAC file. Now, in this Windows that pops up, You navigate to the location where your .pac file is, You highlight it and then You click Open. That will display the pac file's detaiils aright? Now, you can decide to come under Firmware Settings and I'll explain what that does. Now, under Firmware Settings, You can decide to flash all partitions or You select partitions to flash.

Now, it's going to flash all partitions which I have ticked here alright? So let's say I want to flash just recovery I am going to untick everything and leave just recovery but don't forget that fdl 1 & 2 should be left ticked. These ones are mandatory alright? So I'm going to untick every other one except recovery and my fdl files alright? I just want to do this to make flashing fast but if You really want to flash all partitions, just go ahead and skip this Firmware Settings alright?

So I have only recovery ticked and my fdl 1 & 2 so I'll just come down here and click OK. Alright! Great! now this Repartition option is for if You want to rewrite the partition table before flashing the files to the various partitions okay? Its the equivalent of Firmware Upgrade in SP flash tool. So if You don't want to do that or if You don't know what this actually does, You can just leave that unticked.

If you just want to do a normal flashing just leave that unchecked okay? Alright! Next up, You'll want to click on Flash Phone. Now, once You see "Keep key until boot complete", You power off the Spreadtrum device, still battery in it, You hold the volume down button okay? and then You connect to the PC via a USB cord. For some phones, its actually the volume up button like this particular one I'm holding everything on this phone is the other way around okay?

So instead of me holding volume down, which I normally do on other Spreadtrum phones, I have to hold volume up okay? So if you find that volume down is not working just switch to volume up. So this is writing my recovery. Don't forget I picked just recovery to make this flashing process complete quickly. Alright! Great! Done! So I can disconnect and power up the device. I have a done message okay?

So that's basically how to flash a firmware or pac file to a Spreadtrum Android device using NCK box Spreadtrum module.
This post was last modified: 23-08-2018, 05:50 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
1dreezmatic
1dreezmatic
1dreezmatic
27-04-2018, 08:55 AM
Where can I buy NCK Pro Box?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
27-04-2018, 03:50 PM
(27-04-2018, 08:55 AM)1dreezmatic Where can I buy NCK Pro Box?

https://www.hovatek.com/order.php?brand=...el=dongles