Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs [Please help] Huawei G750-u10 dead after failed flash?
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Huawei G750-u10 dead after failed flash?

[Please help] Huawei G750-u10 dead after failed flash?

barthodian
barthodian
barthodian
Enthusiastic Member
03-04-2017, 10:34 AM

This is an attempt to revive the thread posted on 02-12-2017

Quote:G750_U10 completely dead after flash just vibrates when pressing power button or connecting cable>Always gives this error and keeps vibrating and hear USB sound like it's keeping connecting and disconnecting. Is there any way to revive this device?
- basim

The photos of the back and the front of the PCB are posted here and here.

I tried explaining that I could not locate the colo or kcolo identifiers on the board to help with the test points. Perhaps someone can help me out here?

Thanks
shigege
shigege
shigege
03-04-2017, 11:45 AM
(03-04-2017, 10:34 AM)barthodian This is an attempt to revive the thread posted on 02-12-2017

Quote:G750_U10 completely dead after flash just vibrates when pressing power button or connecting cable>Always gives this error and keeps vibrating and hear USB sound like it's keeping connecting and disconnecting. Is there any way to revive this device?
- basim

I tried explaining that I could not locate the colo or kcolo identifiers on the board to help with the test points. Perhaps someone can help me out here?

Thanks

The points aren't labelled . Can you find GND anywhere on the PCB?
I also want to know what happened to the phone and how it behaves when you try flshing

Sent from my Infinix X510 using the Hovatek Forum App
barthodian
barthodian
barthodian
Enthusiastic Member
03-04-2017, 05:02 PM
(03-04-2017, 11:45 AM)shigege
(03-04-2017, 10:34 AM)barthodian This is an attempt to revive the thread posted on 02-12-2017

- basim

Thanks

The points aren't labelled . Can you find GND anywhere on the PCB?
I also want to know what happened to the phone and how it behaves when you try flshing

Could you advice me on how to detect a GND (since that also does not seem to be labelled)? I'm going to get a multi-meter later today. 

The phone itself was fine. I flashed it a couple of times, but the last flash I got disconnected (physically) during the beginning of the flash and hurt the Pre-loader. This should be my main concern, regain access to the (pre-loader) flashing, isn't that right? 
After that the phone just simply
Quote:vibrates when pressing power button or connecting cable>Always gives this error and keeps vibrating and hear USB sound like it's keeping connecting and disconnecting.
or in more accurately

Phone off, disconnected cable, inserting battery and then press power on button:
  1. phone looks like starting up with a brief (half a second) vibration but never shows any sign of screen signal
  2. phone stays quiet for less than half a second
  3. does the same thing again and again and again till infinity I suppose
Phone off, connected cable and inserting battery:
  1. phone looks like starting up with a brief (half a second) vibration but never shows any sign of screen signal
  2. phone stays quiet but this time for 3-4 seconds
  3. repeats itself over and over again (upon disconnecting the cable, phone will behave just like the previous description immediately: half a second vibration and < half a second silence repetition)
During the second scenario, Device Manager (on Windows 10) also keeps refreshing, showing up a new device detected, but then disappear pretty much immediately again. And as the device reboots, this process repeats itself.

Flashing of any kind on any settings will result on direct failure. The continues system reboot (or perceived reboot) prevent it from finishing (or even starting for that matter) flashing. The flash tool freezes up a little at the beginning of the flash start, but that isn't particularly odd on this machine considering previous successful flashes also freezes it up a bit. This time however, upon start it will show directly a red bar at 100% - assuming this is a failure indeed.

Need any more information that can help?

Thank you by the way @shigege
shigege
shigege
shigege
04-04-2017, 10:21 AM
(03-04-2017, 05:02 PM)barthodian Could you advice me on how to detect a GND (since that also does not seem to be labelled)? I'm going to get a multi-meter later today. 

The phone itself was fine. I flashed it a couple of times, but the last flash I got disconnected (physically) during the beginning of the flash and hurt the Pre-loader. This should be my main concern, regain access to the (pre-loader) flashing, isn't that right? 
After that the phone just simply
Quote:vibrates when pressing power button or connecting cable>Always gives this error and keeps vibrating and hear USB sound like it's keeping connecting and disconnecting.
or in more accurately

Phone off, disconnected cable, inserting battery and then press power on button:
  2. phone stays quiet for less than half a second
  3. does the same thing again and again and again till infinity I suppose
Phone off, connected cable and inserting battery:
  2. phone stays quiet but this time for 3-4 seconds
  3. repeats itself over and over again (upon disconnecting the cable, phone will behave just like the previous description immediately: half a second vibration and < half a second silence repetition)
During the second scenario, Device Manager (on Windows 10) also keeps refreshing, showing up a new device detected, but then disappear pretty much immediately again. And as the device reboots, this process repeats itself.

Flashing of any kind on any settings will result on direct failure. The continues system reboot (or perceived reboot) prevent it from finishing (or even starting for that matter) flashing. The flash tool freezes up a little at the beginning of the flash start, but that isn't particularly odd on this machine considering previous successful flashes also freezes it up a bit. This time however, upon start it will show directly a red bar at 100% - assuming this is a failure indeed.

Need any more information that can help?

Thank you by the way @shigege

From what you've described, I don't think you need to join PCB mount points just yet (this is ideal for when the phone shows no sign of life at all). Flashing was interrupted and this causes the phone to go dead (check https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-808.html for reference )
When you encounter the above symptoms (connect-disconnect) then you need to focus on your drivers. Check this guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16839.html and also the connection-disconnection fix @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-439.html . They should help you get a steady connection for flashing

This post was last modified: 04-04-2017, 10:23 AM by shigege.
shigege
shigege
shigege
04-04-2017, 04:35 PM

(03-04-2017, 05:02 PM)barthodian ..

Don't know if this image will help
Attached Files
.jpg
vV8N2W6r.jpg
Size: 302.64 KB / Downloads: 17
barthodian
barthodian
barthodian
Enthusiastic Member
05-04-2017, 04:07 AM
(04-04-2017, 04:35 PM)shigege
(03-04-2017, 05:02 PM)barthodian ..

Thank you! I have briefly gone through recovering it without the need of the testpoint without success. I will give it another wing ASAP and if it still don't do the trick, I'll use this last option. Thank you @shigege
jorisversteeg
jorisversteeg
jorisversteeg
20-03-2018, 01:55 AM
(05-04-2017, 04:07 AM)barthodian
(04-04-2017, 04:35 PM)shigege
(03-04-2017, 05:02 PM)barthodian ..Did you manage to repair? i have the same problem

Thank you! I have briefly gone through recovering it without the need of the testpoint without success. I will give it another wing ASAP and if it still don't do the trick, I'll use this last option. Thank you @shigege
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
20-03-2018, 05:00 PM
(20-03-2018, 01:55 AM)jorisversteeg ..Did you manage to repair? i have the same problem

this is someone's support thread., create a new thread for your device issue
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread
This post was last modified: 20-03-2018, 05:04 PM by X3non.