Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android How to fix imei and unknown baseband (Infinix note Note 7 x690b)
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to fix imei and unknown baseband (Infinix note Note 7 x690b)

How to fix imei and unknown baseband (Infinix note Note 7 x690b)

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
TechySkills
TechySkills
TechySkills
01-06-2023, 06:38 AM

(22-03-2023, 06:05 PM)Khey Worthwhile
(22-03-2023, 05:13 PM)Abdulakeem14
(20-03-2023, 01:14 PM)Khey Worthwhile
(20-03-2023, 12:55 PM)maxpayne
(19-03-2023, 12:33 PM)Khey Worthwhile Pls help. 
My phone building number 

X690B-H691DE-Q-GL-220215V356

It is rooted and bootloader is unlocked. 

First you need to fix baseband before you even talk of fixing IMEI.
How did unknown baseband happen?

I did ordinary factory reset, (from phone settings)

After the factory reset., the phone stopped detecting sim card instantly. 

I took it to a phone repair shop and they saw the unknown Baseband and null imei. (Which I didn't even notice)

I took the phone back and started looking for solutions online

Flash back factory firmware first to fix baseband.
Your device build is currently not available, but you can try the last on the list @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-34324.html.
Just to be on a safer side, you can backup your device firmware using mtk client @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40865.html
I have flashed stock rom with both sp flash tool and mtk client, and baseband isn't fixed. 
but when i ran this fastboot command, fastboot getvar all, my device's baseband was detected as

(bootloader) version-baseband: MOLY.LR12A.R3.MP.V94.4.P48

is there a way I can write it back?

and also, I noticed the phone doesn't boot into meta.. but boots into other modes like Brom and preloader.

how do i fix this?
When I wrote the fastboot getvar all command, I also got same to same exact baseband as yours.... which is sus. I also don't know how to write it back.... Can you please please share me the file that guy with infinix note 7 x690b working baseband gave you? Maybe it would work? Because i format all + downloaded it....
TechySkills
TechySkills
TechySkills
01-06-2023, 11:52 AM
(21-04-2023, 09:58 PM)Khey Worthwhile
(20-04-2023, 11:14 AM)maxpayne
(18-04-2023, 10:56 AM)Khey Worthwhile the thought did come to me that maybe my Infinix isn't the original one, cos I dont understand why doing an ordinary factory reset will screw up a perfectly working phone, just like that.

Anyways, none of the Imei tools worked for me cos the phone refused to book into Metamode

Maybe you should try different x690B build number firmware

I tried one, the tning flash finish byt e no gree boot
Well. I fixed my Baseband. It is easy. Download TFT Tool (this is kinda a replica of Unlock Tool) and run as administrator, Go in mediatek, go in extra tab below security, click the imei fix baseband (not the one which require backup) press vol-up and plug in, it will take 2-3 min, and your baseband will be fixed, i literally spent 3 months on this. this is in my opinion the only solution to this.
Khey Worthwhile
Khey Worthwhile
Khey Worthwhile
Techie Member
04-06-2023, 07:35 PM
Hello guys After 3 months, the phone just decided to detect sim cards again, on its own.. the unknown baseband has been fixed, the issue now is the phone doesn't run ussd codes, I dialed *#06# and imei didn't show, only PSN

how do make it start dialing IMEI code again?

I also noticed that the sims inside the phone doesn't make or recieved phone calls, but mtn adverts mssgs were busy coming in.
TechySkills
TechySkills
TechySkills
05-06-2023, 08:24 AM
(04-06-2023, 07:35 PM)Khey Worthwhile Hello guys After 3 months, the phone just decided to detect sim cards again, on its own.. the unknown baseband has been fixed, the issue now is the phone doesn't run ussd codes, I dialed *#06# and imei didn't show, only PSN

I also noticed that the sims inside the phone doesn't make or recieved phone calls, but mtn adverts mssgs were busy coming in.
Brother I see what is your problem...

As you stated, the Unknown Baseband is fixed. Maybe it was a hardware issue rather than of a software? Or maybe you did some stuff which fixed it and forgot to check, and now you are thinking it fixed on its own.

Anyways, If your device is showing only PSN Number, and detecting Sim, it means IMEI is not flashed, Use this tutorial I made to flash IMEI again and Other BT Mac, and WiFi mac etc. IMEI and Other NV fix guide.

Would love to see your response.

Thanks.
Khey Worthwhile
Khey Worthwhile
Khey Worthwhile
Techie Member
05-06-2023, 06:18 PM

(05-06-2023, 08:24 AM)TechySkills
(04-06-2023, 07:35 PM)Khey Worthwhile Hello guys After 3 months, the phone just decided to detect sim cards again, on its own.. the unknown baseband has been fixed, the issue now is the phone doesn't run ussd codes, I dialed *#06# and imei didn't show, only PSN

As you stated, the Unknown Baseband is fixed. Maybe it was a hardware issue rather than of a software? Or maybe you did some stuff which fixed it and forgot to check, and now you are thinking it fixed on its own.

Anyways, If your device is showing only PSN Number, and detecting Sim, it means IMEI is not flashed, Use this tutorial I made to flash IMEI again and Other BT Mac, and WiFi mac etc. IMEI and Other NV fix guide.

Thanks.

I was trying to relock the boot loader before trying your tutorial, and the usb shift in the process, now the phone is stuck, and wouldn't boot up, the battery is fully charged so it'll take weeks to fully discharge in this state, I will have to take it to repair shop so they can disconnect and reconnect the battery so as to exit this state.

or do have a faster solution?
Khey Worthwhile
Khey Worthwhile
Khey Worthwhile
Techie Member
06-06-2023, 04:57 PM
(05-06-2023, 06:18 PM)Khey Worthwhile

Thanks.

I was trying to relock the boot loader before trying your tutorial, and the usb shift in the process, now the phone is stuck, and wouldn't boot up, the battery is fully charged so it'll take weeks to fully discharge in this state, I will have to take it to repair shop so they can disconnect and reconnect the battery so as to exit this state.

didn't work, phone couldn't boot into meta mode using aftersales tool
Khey Worthwhile
Khey Worthwhile
Khey Worthwhile
Techie Member
06-06-2023, 05:03 PM

Thanks.
The phone couldn't boot to meta mode, I even used Tft tool to boot the phone into meta mode, but it refused. 
I have already passed this stage, and I opened a thread for it here.. months ago >>> https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-45483-page-2.html
Attached Files
.png
06_06_2023 05_01_16TFT.png
Size: 116.63 KB / Downloads: 3
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
21-06-2023, 07:00 AM
(06-06-2023, 05:03 PM)Khey Worthwhile The phone couldn't boot to meta mode, I even used Tft tool to boot the phone into meta mode, but it refused. 
I have already passed this stage, and I opened a thread for it here.. months ago >>> https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-45483-page-2.html

Maybe its a good time to do a factory reset and flash nvram + nvdata backup from another phone
TechySkills
TechySkills
TechySkills
21-06-2023, 07:18 AM
(21-06-2023, 07:00 AM)maxpayne
(06-06-2023, 05:03 PM)Khey Worthwhile The phone couldn't boot to meta mode, I even used Tft tool to boot the phone into meta mode, but it refused. 

Maybe its a good time to do a factory reset and flash nvram + nvdata backup from another phone
I highy suggest you try to fix baseband through TFT Tools, as there may be some places where Baseband is not Correctly flashed.
TechySkills
TechySkills
TechySkills
21-06-2023, 07:21 AM

(05-06-2023, 06:18 PM)Khey Worthwhile

Thanks.

Well, Does it show USB Descriptor Failed? If Yes, Follow this: Your phone is Infinix Note 7, Right? Just open the back cover with the Binding AKA Xray Sheet and a help of blade, If available heat it up a bit first, then disconnect back cover, then disconnect battery, wait a few seconds, reattach it, I also faced this issue some time ago, This is the fastest way to do so, The other way.... well... Just keep on charging it...

Or, if it shows like a preloader stuff, flash the very very first firmware of the Infinix Note 7 AKA v107, select everything and then untick tkv, and tranfs, and flash it. (You know how to bypass auth right)...
Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next