Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android QFIL flashable firmware
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

QFIL flashable firmware

QFIL flashable firmware

ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
06-04-2020, 12:22 PM

I have a bricked HTC 10 EVO and considering using QFIL in an attempt to unbrick. EDL is possible (QDLoader 9008).
After reading various posts I need firstly QFIL flashable firmware containing programmer file for chipset MSM8994. Can anyone tell me where this firmware is available?
ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
07-04-2020, 12:24 PM
Does anyone know where I can find HTC 10 EVO firmware containing firehose programmer files?
This post was last modified: 07-04-2020, 12:26 PM by ludemon.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-04-2020, 02:46 PM
(06-04-2020, 12:22 PM)ludemon I have a bricked HTC 10 EVO and considering using QFIL in an attempt to unbrick. EDL is possible (QDLoader 9008).
After reading various posts I need firstly QFIL flashable firmware containing programmer file for chipset MSM8994. Can anyone tell me where this firmware is available?

as far as i know, htc never releases such firmwares ie with firehose included
there's the option of attempting to boot the device from sd (be sure to try anither sd, one with faster writing speed such as class 6 or 10 before you give up on the sdcard method) if it doesn't work on your device then you can try options such as trying qualcomm firehose programmer files for the same chipset you can find online, (we have a small collection @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-25696.html , it's very unlikely to work on htc devices but who knows) OR do an extensive search on google, maybe someone out there might have a leaked firehose file for your exact device model OR lastly send your device to a service center if you've exhausted all other options
This post was last modified: 07-04-2020, 02:49 PM by X3non.
ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
09-04-2020, 11:16 AM
(07-04-2020, 02:46 PM)X3non
(06-04-2020, 12:22 PM)ludemon I have a bricked HTC 10 EVO and considering using QFIL in an attempt to unbrick. EDL is possible (QDLoader 9008).

there's the option of attempting to boot the device from sd (be sure to try anither sd, one with faster writing speed such as class 6 or 10 before you give up on the sdcard method) if it doesn't work on your device then you can try options such as trying qualcomm firehose programmer files for the same chipset you can find online, (we have a small collection @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-25696.html , it's very unlikely to work on htc devices but who knows) OR do an extensive search on google, maybe someone out there might have a leaked firehose file for your exact device model OR lastly send your device to a service center if you've exhausted all other options
Thank you for your reply and advice.  The SD card I am using is a class 10, so for now I will keep investigating various options, but sending the device to a service centre will not be one of them!
ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
10-03-2021, 12:50 PM

(09-04-2020, 11:16 AM)ludemon
(07-04-2020, 02:46 PM)X3non

Thank you for your reply and advice.  The SD card I am using is a class 10, so for now I will keep investigating various options, but sending the device to a service centre will not be one of them!

Following my success at debricking a HTC One M8 using the sdcard method I have dug out the HTC 10 evo/bolt phone to have another go.
However it is still responding (or not responding) as described before. The phone history is not known so it is possible that it is a HTC Bolt. As the mmcblk0.img file is taken from a HTC 10 evo could this be the reason why the method is not working?
See also https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-197...#pid189401
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-03-2021, 11:18 AM
(10-03-2021, 12:50 PM)ludemon Following my success at debricking a HTC One M8 using the sdcard method I have dug out the HTC 10 evo/bolt phone to have another go.
However it is still responding (or not responding) as described before. The phone history is not known so it is possible that it is a HTC Bolt. As the mmcblk0.img file is taken from a HTC 10 evo could this be the reason why the method is not working?

what happens when you insert the bootable sd with bolt's mmcblk0?
you could try using some online htc imei checker, see if any is able to tell the exact model of the phone e.g imei24, imei
ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
11-03-2021, 03:35 PM
(11-03-2021, 11:18 AM)X3non
(10-03-2021, 12:50 PM)ludemon Following my success at debricking a HTC One M8 using the sdcard method I have dug out the HTC 10 evo/bolt phone to have another go.

what happens when you insert the bootable sd with bolt's mmcblk0?
you could try using some online htc imei checker, see if any is able to tell the exact model of the phone e.g imei24, imei

Nothing happens when I insert the bootable SD. If I remove and reinsert the USB plug QDLoader 9008 disappears from Device Manager. Actions like vol down + power or connecting charger whilst holding vol down have no effect. After removing the sd and pressing vol down + power for about 1 minute QDLoader 9008 returns.
I have tried various imei checkers and some, including imei24, return evo and others return Bolt 2PYB2
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-03-2021, 09:31 AM
(11-03-2021, 03:35 PM)ludemon Nothing happens when I insert the bootable SD. If I remove and reinsert the USB plug QDLoader 9008 disappears from Device Manager. Actions like vol down + power or connecting charger whilst holding vol down have no effect. After removing the sd and pressing vol down + power for about 1 minute QDLoader 9008 returns.
I have tried various imei checkers and some, including imei24, return evo and others return Bolt 2PYB2

guess you'll just have to try out an evo's mmcblk0