Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to fix HTC qhsusb_bulk or qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 brick
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to fix HTC qhsusb_bulk or qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 brick

[Tutorial] How to fix HTC qhsusb_bulk or qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 brick

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-03-2020, 09:44 AM

(15-03-2020, 11:52 AM)ludemon Thank you X3non for your reply.
I tried a 32Gb SD Card but received a message 'File too large'. So used a 64Gb SDXC card and successfully copied mmcblk0.img to it. The file size is 31,268,536,320 bytes. I copied the file from the SD card to the PC and used Win32 Disk Imager to write the file back to the SD Card, however the SD Card ends up divided into many partitions and shows in Windows Explorer as USB Disks G through to Z.
This doesn't seem to be correct. What is likely to be going wrong here?

It's correctly done, the tool creates partitions matching the partitions the phone should have and writes the firmware onto those partitions within the sdcard. What's left now is for you to complete the remaining steps to find out if it will work for your device
ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
20-03-2020, 09:42 PM
OK thanks for confirming that I'm on the right track.
I've stopped work on this for now as one of the phones has a faulty screen and I'm waiting for a replacement from China. As deliveries are extended due to the present global difficulties it may be some time before I can report on success or otherwise.
ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
01-04-2020, 11:57 AM
I've now received a replacement screen sooner than expected and resumed work on this problem.
I inserted the SD card with partitioned mmcblk0.img into the phone and pressed vol down + power buttons, but do not get into download mode. All that happens is that a small HTC logo appears for a few seconds then the screen goes blank.
What I've observed is that when the phone is connected to the PC without the SD card and vol down + power buttons pressed QDloader 9008 appears in Device Manager, however if SD card inserted and buttons pressed QDloader 9008 disappears.
I have also viewed the SD card using MiniTool Partition Wizard and there are 73 partitions some unallocated and others with file systems such as EXT3 and FAT16.
Is there anything else I can try?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-04-2020, 10:05 PM
(01-04-2020, 11:57 AM)ludemon I've now received a replacement screen sooner than expected and resumed work on this problem.
I inserted the SD card with partitioned mmcblk0.img into the phone and pressed vol down + power buttons, but do not get into download mode. All that happens is that a small HTC logo appears for a few seconds then the screen goes blank.
What I've observed is that when the phone is connected to the PC without the SD card and vol down + power buttons pressed QDloader 9008 appears in Device Manager, however if SD card inserted and buttons pressed QDloader 9008 disappears.
I have also viewed the SD card using MiniTool Partition Wizard and there are 73 partitions some unallocated and others with file systems such as EXT3 and FAT16.

try using vol down + connect the phone to a charging source
ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
02-04-2020, 07:57 PM

(01-04-2020, 10:05 PM)X3non
(01-04-2020, 11:57 AM)ludemon I've now received a replacement screen sooner than expected and resumed work on this problem.

try using vol down + connect the phone to a charging source
Unfortunately that doesn't work either. I tried several times with and without SD card. The screen usually remains blank although occasionally the small HTC logo appears for about 20 seconds. On one occasion the boot screen (white HTC and android logos on black background) appeared and I had to use vol down + power buttons to cancel it.
I monitor the charging current during tests and often the current is zero, but after prolonged button pressing it changes to about 1.1A if the battery is not fully charged.
Should I be considering using QFIL or MiFlash tools?
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
03-04-2020, 12:26 PM
I inserted the SD card with partitioned mmcblk0.img into the phone and pressed vol down + power buttons, but do not get into download mode. ....

While powered off, hold the Volume down (decrease) button then connect the Phone to a charger (power source)
ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
03-04-2020, 03:07 PM
(03-04-2020, 12:26 PM)maxpayne
I inserted the SD card with partitioned mmcblk0.img into the phone and pressed vol down + power buttons, but do not get into download mode. ....

While powered off, hold the Volume down (decrease) button then connect the Phone to a charger (power source)
I have tried that as mentioned before, however I don't know if the phone is in power off mode at the time. I suspect that the phone is not in power off mode generally as the battery discharges to a fairly low state in about 10 hours. Anyway I tried again just now and there is still no response.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
07-04-2020, 02:49 PM
(03-04-2020, 03:07 PM)ludemon ...

moved to https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32955.html
ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
04-02-2021, 12:11 PM
I used this method to unbrick a HTC One M8 however I am unable to flash a RUU without error using fastboot/RUU or XTC2Clip. I did restore a stock OS via TWRP recovery and everything appeared to be working except sound and microphone.
I am only able to move between OS, bootloader and recovery with the mmcblk0.img SD Card inserted. If the SD Card is removed and any reboot action is done the phone returns to EDL mode.
Can you help resolve this situation?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-02-2021, 10:05 AM

(04-02-2021, 12:11 PM)ludemon I used this method to unbrick a HTC One M8 however I am unable to flash a RUU without error using fastboot/RUU or XTC2Clip. I did restore a stock OS via TWRP recovery and everything appeared to be working except sound and microphone.
I am only able to move between OS, bootloader and recovery with the mmcblk0.img SD Card inserted. If the SD Card is removed and any reboot action is done the phone returns to EDL mode.
Can you help resolve this situation?

seems like a faulty emmc
what is the error when trying to flash ruu?
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next