Home Forum Blog Private Support Courses
Our courses are now on YouTube! Start Watching
Hovatek Forum OPERATING SYSTEMS Android [Tutorial] Tecno la7 root

[Tutorial] Tecno la7 root

[Tutorial] Tecno la7 root

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
Senior Member
10,420
10-12-2018, 04:59 PM
#21



(10-12-2018, 04:23 PM)Ofomiyan1
(31-10-2018, 09:37 AM)X3non
(30-10-2018, 11:54 PM)Ofomiyan1

Do you know the flash tool he used because I've been trying to root my phone too tecno la7


to flash patched boot
download custom DA for la7 at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html and see how to use custom da at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23733.html
flash using sp flash tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html ensure to load the custom da for your model and flash ONLY patched_boot using DOWNLOAD ONLY in sp flash tool


I tried 3 versions of spft 
1st spft loads the scatter file but when I click download it stays at 0%. 
2nd spft it downloads and when it gets to 100% it shows an error insufficient buffer size. 
3rd spft doesn't load the scatter file asks to check scatter file. 
My drivers are OK

Attach screenshot and try the fix @ x3non's reply.
Is your phone's bootloader unlocked?

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek Mobile
Ofomiyan1
Ofomiyan1
Ofomiyan1
Techie Member
65
10-12-2018, 05:19 PM
#22
(10-12-2018, 04:59 PM)innagee
(10-12-2018, 04:23 PM)Ofomiyan1
(31-10-2018, 09:37 AM)X3non
(30-10-2018, 11:54 PM)Ofomiyan1 Do you know the flash tool he used because I've been trying to root my phone too tecno la7

to flash patched boot
download custom DA for la7 at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html and see how to use custom da at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23733.html
flash using sp flash tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html ensure to load the custom da for your model and flash ONLY patched_boot using DOWNLOAD ONLY in sp flash tool

I tried 3 versions of spft 
1st spft loads the scatter file but when I click download it stays at 0%. 
2nd spft it downloads and when it gets to 100% it shows an error insufficient buffer size. 
3rd spft doesn't load the scatter file asks to check scatter file. 
My drivers are OK

Attach screenshot and try the fix @ x3non's reply.
Is your phone's bootloader unlocked?

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek Mobile
Oem unlock? Yes. which of X3nons reply?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
51,003
10-12-2018, 07:57 PM
#23
(10-12-2018, 05:19 PM)Ofomiyan1 Oem unlock? Yes. which of X3nons reply?

try using latest sp flash tool version along with the custom DA for LA7
attach a full screenshot of the SP flash tool window when you get the error message [shift the error message box to one side of the screen]

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
Ofomiyan1
Ofomiyan1
Ofomiyan1
Techie Member
65
11-12-2018, 10:52 AM
#24
(10-12-2018, 07:57 PM)X3non
(10-12-2018, 05:19 PM)Ofomiyan1 Oem unlock? Yes. which of X3nons reply?

try using latest sp flash tool version along with the custom DA for LA7
attach a full screenshot of the SP flash tool window when you get the error message [shift the error message box to one side of the screen]

When I try to add tecno la7 da I got this error. I downloaded the latest sp flash tool
This post was last modified: 11-12-2018, 11:00 AM by Ofomiyan1.
Attached Files
.jpg
PicsArt_12-11-10.59.19.jpg
Size: 912.17 KB / Downloads: 42
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
51,003
11-12-2018, 11:43 AM
#25

Mediatek Course Mediatek Course


(11-12-2018, 10:52 AM)Ofomiyan1 When I try to add tecno la7 da I got this error. I downloaded the latest sp flash tool

what's the exact version of SP flash tool you're using?

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
Ofomiyan1
Ofomiyan1
Ofomiyan1
Techie Member
65
11-12-2018, 11:49 AM
#26
(10-12-2018, 04:59 PM)innagee
(10-12-2018, 04:23 PM)Ofomiyan1
(31-10-2018, 09:37 AM)X3non
(30-10-2018, 11:54 PM)Ofomiyan1 Do you know the flash tool he used because I've been trying to root my phone too tecno la7

to flash patched boot
download custom DA for la7 at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23243.html and see how to use custom da at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23733.html
flash using sp flash tool at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-159.html ensure to load the custom da for your model and flash ONLY patched_boot using DOWNLOAD ONLY in sp flash tool

I tried 3 versions of spft 
1st spft loads the scatter file but when I click download it stays at 0%. 
2nd spft it downloads and when it gets to 100% it shows an error insufficient buffer size. 
3rd spft doesn't load the scatter file asks to check scatter file. 
My drivers are OK

Attach screenshot and try the fix @ x3non's reply.
Is your phone's bootloader unlocked?

Sent from my M5 mini using Hovatek Mobile

This is the error I get when it gets to 100%
Attached Files
.jpg
PicsArt_12-11-11.37.39_1544525306762.jpg
Size: 730.19 KB / Downloads: 43
Ofomiyan1
Ofomiyan1
Ofomiyan1
Techie Member
65
11-12-2018, 12:14 PM
#27
(11-12-2018, 11:43 AM)hovatek
(11-12-2018, 10:52 AM)Ofomiyan1 When I try to add tecno la7 da I got this error. I downloaded the latest sp flash tool

what's the exact version of SP flash tool you're using?

Spft 5.1828 downloaded from hovatek. I've also tried 5.1844. I don't know maybe the scatter file is not correct or something
Ofomiyan1
Ofomiyan1
Ofomiyan1
Techie Member
65
11-12-2018, 03:07 PM
#28
(11-12-2018, 12:14 PM)Ofomiyan1
(11-12-2018, 11:43 AM)hovatek
(11-12-2018, 10:52 AM)Ofomiyan1 When I try to add tecno la7 da I got this error. I downloaded the latest sp flash tool

what's the exact version of SP flash tool you're using?

Spft 5.1828 downloaded from hovatek. I've also tried 5.1844. I don't know maybe the scatter file is not correct or something

Any help please
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
51,003
12-12-2018, 09:28 AM
#29
(11-12-2018, 12:14 PM)Ofomiyan1 Spft 5.1828 downloaded from hovatek. I've also tried 5.1844. I don't know maybe the scatter file is not correct or something

Your phone doesn't seem to be accepting the patched boot via SP flash tool. Hence the buffer error.
Unlock your bootloader using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19578.html then flash the patched boot via fastboot or sp flash tool
This post was last modified: 12-12-2018, 09:46 AM by hovatek.

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
Ofomiyan1
Ofomiyan1
Ofomiyan1
Techie Member
65
12-12-2018, 12:35 PM
#30
(12-12-2018, 09:28 AM)hovatek
(11-12-2018, 12:14 PM)Ofomiyan1 Spft 5.1828 downloaded from hovatek. I've also tried 5.1844. I don't know maybe the scatter file is not correct or something

Your phone doesn't seem to be accepting the patched boot via SP flash tool. Hence the buffer error.
Unlock your bootloader using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19578.html then flash the patched boot via fastboot or sp flash tool

I have set up adb fastboot and it detects the phone when it's ON. But it doesn't detect it when it's in fastboot
Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Users browsing this thread:
 1 Guest(s)
Users browsing this thread:
 1 Guest(s)
WhTlYt