Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to use NCK Pro Box to restore QCN to Qualcomm devices
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to use NCK Pro Box to restore QCN to Qualcomm devices

[Tutorial] How to use NCK Pro Box to restore QCN to Qualcomm devices

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
24-03-2018, 08:28 AM

This is a step-by-step guide on how to restore QCN to a Qualcomm Android device using NCK Pro Box.
If your Qualcomm Android phone is unable to detect SIM cards / network due to an invalid IMEI / Baseband / SN or you encounter other NV items like WiFi and Bluetooth address issues then you'll need to restore the QCN. This guide will explain just how.

Requirements

How to restore QCN file to a Qualcomm Android phone using NCK Pro Box

Follow the steps below to restore QCN to a Qualcomm Android device using NCK Pro Box

See the video tutorial below or at https://youtu.be/p8JAfo8BcyA

1. Launch NckBox Qualcomm Module

[Image: How-to-flash-or-restore-QCN-to-a-Qualcom...-Box-1.jpg]

2. Click the ADB-FASTBOOT UTILS tab

[Image: How-to-flash-or-restore-QCN-to-a-Qualcom...-Box-2.jpg]

3. Connect the phone to the box (while powered on) then click Enable Diag

[Image: How-to-flash-or-restore-QCN-to-a-Qualcom...-Box-3.jpg]

4. You should get an All done message

[Image: How-to-flash-or-restore-QCN-to-a-Qualcom...-Box-4.jpg]

5. Check Device Manager to confirm that Diagnostic Mode has been enabled (Qualcomm HS-USB Android DIAG 901D)

[Image: How-to-flash-or-restore-QCN-to-a-Qualcom...-Box-5.jpg]

6. Back in NCK Box, click the IMEI-QCN tab

[Image: How-to-flash-or-restore-QCN-to-a-Qualcom...-Box-6.jpg]

7. Under QCN, click Restore

[Image: How-to-flash-or-restore-QCN-to-a-Qualcom...-Box-7.jpg]

8. In the Window that pops up, navigate to the location of the QCN file, highlight it then click Open

[Image: How-to-flash-or-restore-QCN-to-a-Qualcom...-Box-8.jpg]

9. The tool should start restoring the QCN, do not interrupt

[Image: How-to-flash-or-restore-QCN-to-a-Qualcom...-Box-9.jpg]

10. You should get a Done message once QCN restore is complete

[Image: How-to-flash-or-restore-QCN-to-a-Qualcom...Box-10.jpg]

Important Notice
  • NCK Pro Box requires a hardware box to function. Should you install and run the module without the hardware box, it won't work
  • If you use the loader version (no hardware needed) then your antivirus might give a warning. Its up to you to either heed or ignore
  • Avoid restoring a QCN which isn't for your phone model and backup yours first just in case something goes wrong

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to restore or flash QCN to a Qualcomm Android phone. QCN manages your IMEI and other NV items like Baseband and the rest so in a case where you find out that your phone can't detect SIM (network) maybe after you flash a custom ROM after you make some modification on your phone and you cannot detect SIM card, you don't have IMEI or you have invalid baseband , you are going to need the QCN of the phone by either flashing it from your backup or extracting it from a working phone. If you have a working phone, we have a guide on how to extract it from the working phone so just check out that guide but if you already backed it up, this guide will show you how to flash your QCN using NCK box Qualcomm module.

The things you're going to need for this guide are the box of course, you're going to need to have set it up. We have a guide on how to do that. You are going to need to have rooted the phone. You're going to need the phone of course.You are going to need to have installed ADB and also enabled USB debugging on the phone.You'd also need to install the NCK box Qualcomm module, we have a guide on how to do that. So once you have all these in place, what you'll want to do is to launch the NCK box Qualcomm module and wait for it to come up. Now, in my case I have the QCN backup right here, this is it right here, I ready backed it up.

So this is what I'm going to be flashing in this tutorial ok? So I'm going to wait for the NCK box Qualcomm module dashboard to come up. Okay, I have it right up. Alright so the first thing you'll want to do is to enable diagnostic mode on the phone. This is why the phone needs to be rooted because your phone needs to be rooted to enable diagnostic mode. So what you'll want to do now is while the phone is powered on and USB debugging enabled - we have a guide on how to enable USB debugging if you don't know how to - you connect it to the box alright? While the box is connected to the PC alright?

So my phone is connected to the box while it is powered on. I'm going to enable diagnostic mode by going under the ADB-fastboot Utils tab then clicking Enable Diag then you might get a prompt on the phone asking you to allow super user or to grant shell super user permission. If you do, just tap grant alright? So I have my Diag Mode enabled. To confirm this, I can quickly check Device Manager and you should have it detected as Diag under Device Manager. Alright! Great! So I'm in Diagnostic Mode. So now what you'll want to do is to head over to the IMEI-QCN tab.

You want to click on Restore. Now, in this Window that pops up, what you'll want to do is to navigate to the location where you have your NCK backup. Mine is in the Hovatek NCK box folder and you just select this. So it's writing "Restoring QCN, do not disconnect". Its very important you do not disconnect the device during the write process. Alright! Great! So restoring QCN done. So at this point, you can disconnect the device and power it up.

So that's basically how to restore or flash QCN to a Qualcomm Android phone using NCK box Qualcomm module.
This post was last modified: 25-08-2018, 04:10 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.