Home Forum Blog Private Support Courses
Our courses are now on YouTube! Start Watching
Hovatek Forum OPERATING SYSTEMS Android [Tutorial] How to use Wwr MTK + SP Flash tool to backup Mediatek rom

[Tutorial] How to use Wwr MTK + SP Flash tool to backup Mediatek rom

[Tutorial] How to use Wwr MTK + SP Flash tool to backup Mediatek rom

Pages (22): Previous 1 … 14 15 16 17 18 … 22 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
50,996
08-01-2021, 12:41 PM



(08-01-2021, 12:45 AM)ofoq sat Hi
Last step was No.20, work goes well but after selected Rom_1 wwr doesn't prompt me to select the file containing preloader !!!?
Why ?
I did my best lots of time but with no luck. Please advise

if you're using v2.51 and you have both rom0 and rom1 in the same folder location, then when you select rom1, the tool will auto. pick up rom0 and process it as well
be sure to watch the video guide for 2.51 ; see the very important notice section in the OP on page 1 for the link

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
96
14-01-2021, 04:47 AM
Hello Sir,

I just got Teclast M30 Pro which comes with MediaTek Helio P60 (MT6771). When I was doing the step in SP Flash Tool to dump -ROM_0- from the tablet. The tool shows error saying: HW_Storage_UFS not HW_Storage_EMMC. I don't know how to solve this error. Please help. If I could back up my ROM from M30 Pro, I promise to donate for the WWR tool.

Edit: When I was doing the step in SP Flash Tool to dump *EMMC_BOOT1* from the tablet.
Add Screenshot.

Thank you for the great tools.
This post was last modified: 14-01-2021, 04:59 AM by siamese007.
Attached Files
.jpg
error at EMMC_BOOT1 step.jpg
Size: 86.73 KB / Downloads: 108
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
50,996
14-01-2021, 11:01 AM
(14-01-2021, 04:47 AM)siamese007 Hello Sir,

I just got Teclast M30 Pro which comes with MediaTek Helio P60 (MT6771). When I was doing the step in SP Flash Tool to dump -ROM_0- from the tablet. The tool shows error saying: HW_Storage_UFS not HW_Storage_EMMC. I don't know how to solve this error. Please help. If I could back up my ROM from M30 Pro, I promise to donate for the WWR tool.

Edit: When I was doing the step in SP Flash Tool to dump *EMMC_BOOT1* from the tablet.
Add Screenshot.

Thank you for the great tools.

wwr tool doesn't support ufs storage atm, even if you managed to make a firmware dump using spft (should be possible if you can find the scatter file of another device with ufs storage, use that to make an spft dump), there'll be no way to cut it yet
if you have a dongle such as cm2, you could try backup using that OR better still search for the firmware of your device on teclast website

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
96
14-01-2021, 01:41 PM
(14-01-2021, 11:01 AM)X3non
(14-01-2021, 04:47 AM)siamese007 Hello Sir,

I just got Teclast M30 Pro which comes with MediaTek Helio P60 (MT6771). When I was doing the step in SP Flash Tool to dump -ROM_0- from the tablet. The tool shows error saying: HW_Storage_UFS not HW_Storage_EMMC. I don't know how to solve this error. Please help. If I could back up my ROM from M30 Pro, I promise to donate for the WWR tool.

Edit: When I was doing the step in SP Flash Tool to dump *EMMC_BOOT1* from the tablet.
Add Screenshot.

Thank you for the great tools.

wwr tool doesn't support ufs storage atm, even if you managed to make a firmware dump using spft (should be possible if you can find the scatter file of another device with ufs storage, use that to make an spft dump), there'll be no way to cut it yet
if you have a dongle such as cm2, you could try backup using that OR better still search for the firmware of your device on teclast website

OK Thank you for your reply. This is clear for my M30 Pro. I am nothing programmer so my only choice for now is waiting for someone posting the firmware for my device or the official release of the firmware.
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
96
15-01-2021, 05:58 PM

Mediatek Course Mediatek Course


Hello Sir,

I found a firmware for Teclast M30 Pro and I have flash this one using SP flash tool. This firmware works well except it does not come with Play Store. So I unlock bootloader and trying to flash GSI for this device. I entered "fastboot flash system GSI.img" but the error said "There is no system partition."
Is there any clue that I can flash GSI image on this device? I attached scatter file for this device also.

Edit: I moved my message to another thread as follow:
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37830.html
This post was last modified: 16-01-2021, 06:38 AM by siamese007.
Attached Files
.txt
MT6771_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 16.76 KB / Downloads: 84
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
50,996
16-01-2021, 11:01 AM
(15-01-2021, 05:58 PM)siamese007 ...
Edit: I moved my message to another thread as follow:
https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-37830.html

replied to the new thread
This post was last modified: 16-01-2021, 11:03 AM by X3non.

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
whc2001
whc2001
whc2001
Newbie
1
20-01-2021, 01:32 PM
Thanks, experiencing many problems with cracked MiracleBox, succeeded with this method.
suji
suji
suji
Junior Member
29
07-05-2021, 01:13 PM
The Ram Test(Memory test) function is different in latest version of SP Flash tool. How can I do in Latest version of SP flash tool to get size of EMMC_PART_USER?
Please help me to get it....
Attached latest SP Flash Tool screenshot, check it and help me to get it, because older version SP Flash tool are not supporting to my chipset(MT6765)

I found a new error in sp flash tool, check screenshot
This post was last modified: 07-05-2021, 02:04 PM by suji.
Attached Files
.png
Annotation 2021-05-07 170616.png
Size: 42.99 KB / Downloads: 148
.png
Annotation 2021-05-07 183157.png
Size: 12.57 KB / Downloads: 133
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
50,996
08-05-2021, 03:21 AM
(07-05-2021, 01:13 PM)suji ...

the contents of memory test tab differs depending on the chipset of the device not based on sp flash tool version, ram test is only available on certain chipset types
be sure to read the very important notice section at the top of page 1 and read the entire step 17 for how to get the size of emmc_user

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
Mah09
Mah09
Mah09
Junior Member
18
15-05-2021, 12:02 PM
My Alcatel A7 is a clone Alcatel A7 and after following the tutorial on the video,, I generated scatter file and using sp flash tool to read back preloader, after editing the value as required, I received an error message that invalid preloader format. I should load from the official firmware
Pages (22): Previous 1 … 14 15 16 17 18 … 22 Next
Users browsing this thread:
 6 Guest(s)
Users browsing this thread:
 6 Guest(s)
WhTlYt