Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno boom j8 please help
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Tecno boom j8 please help

Tecno boom j8 please help

bitrhyme
bitrhyme
bitrhyme
28-12-2017, 01:02 PM

Hello good day, please my tecno boom j8 started displaying unfortunately com.android.phone has stopped and my friend did the manual format power + volume button and the phone got stuck at the boom logo while booting but now the phone has refused to power on at all and is not responding to the charger but makes a sound when plugged to a pc, please help me what do i do now to power on the phone.
bitrhyme
bitrhyme
bitrhyme
28-12-2017, 01:39 PM
Hello please i have tried the method you gave to revive the phone using the sp flash tool but it is saying 'Error Da did not send response data to flash tool' please what do i do
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-12-2017, 03:05 PM
(28-12-2017, 01:02 PM)bitrhyme Hello good day, please my tecno boom j8 started displaying unfortunately com.android.phone has stopped and my friend did the manual format power + volume button and the phone got stuck at the boom logo while booting but now the phone has refused to power on at all and is not responding to the charger but makes a sound when plugged to a pc, please help me what do i do now to power on the phone.

how did the phone go from stuck at bootlogo to totally dead?
you might want to pause trying anything on your device. esp if you are unsure of the build number
bitrhyme
bitrhyme
bitrhyme
28-12-2017, 09:37 PM
Sir the phone got stuck at the boot logo and i kept turning it off and on to see if it would pass the boot logo and turn off but after the phone went off and i plugged the charger but after several hours it didn't charge, then if i plug it on my pc it makes a sound even when i remove the cord from my pc it also makes a sound. please help me the phone doesn't turn on anymore
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
29-12-2017, 12:17 PM

(28-12-2017, 09:37 PM)bitrhyme Sir the phone got stuck at the boot logo and i kept turning it off and on to see if it would pass the boot logo and turn off but after the phone went off and i plugged the charger but after several hours it didn't charge, then if i plug it on my pc it makes a sound even when i remove the cord from my pc it also makes a sound. please help me the phone doesn't turn on anymore

The connection/disconnection might also be battery drainage issue. 
Have you tried flashing stock ROM?
bitrhyme
bitrhyme
bitrhyme
29-12-2017, 03:14 PM
(29-12-2017, 12:17 PM)innagee
(28-12-2017, 09:37 PM)bitrhyme Sir the phone got stuck at the boot logo and i kept turning it off and on to see if it would pass the boot logo and turn off but after the phone went off and i plugged the charger but after several hours it didn't charge, then if i plug it on my pc it makes a sound even when i remove the cord from my pc it also makes a sound. please help me the phone doesn't turn on anymore

The connection/disconnection might also be battery drainage issue. 
Have you tried flashing stock ROM?

Please where can i download the stock rom i have not tried flashing stock rom i only downloaded the tecno j8 mt6735 firmware and tried using the sp flash tool like i was told here.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
29-12-2017, 04:50 PM
(29-12-2017, 03:14 PM)bitrhyme Please where can i download the stock rom i have not tried flashing stock rom i only downloaded the tecno j8 mt6735 firmware and tried using the sp flash tool like i was told here.

stock rom = firmware
first get the build number of your J8 before attempting to flash anything. see method 3 @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-16005.html
once you know the build number, then check for and download the rom @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-19362.html