Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to use SN Write Tool to write IMEI to an MTK Smartwatch
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to use SN Write Tool to write IMEI to an MTK Smartwatch

[Tutorial] How to use SN Write Tool to write IMEI to an MTK Smartwatch

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
30-03-2017, 02:16 PM

This guide will explain how to use SN Writer (SN Write tool) to fix Null IMEI / write IMEI to a Mediatek (MTK) Smartwatch. If your Smartwatch has null IMEI then it might not be able to make calls or install OTA updates.

Requirements

If you encounter any error while using SN Writer then see the list of SN Write tool errors and their fixes

Steps to write IMEI to a Mediatek Smartwatch using SN Writer

Follow the steps below to use SN Write tool to write IMEI to a Mediatek smartwatch

See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/7k9NHfrDl7Q

1. Extract SN writer into a folder and run as Administrator

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Mediatek-Smartwat...tool-1.jpg]

2. The SN Writer dashboard should open

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Mediatek-Smartwat...tool-2.jpg]

3. Under ComPort, select USB VCOM

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Mediatek-Smartwat...tool-3.jpg]

4. Under Target Type, select Feature Phone

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Mediatek-Smartwat...tool-4.jpg]

5. Click System Config

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Mediatek-Smartwat...tool-5.jpg]

6. Under Write Option, tick the IMEI box

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Mediatek-Smartwat...tool-6.jpg]

7. Leave other settings as they are

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Mediatek-Smartwat...tool-7.jpg]

8. Click MD1_DB

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Mediatek-Smartwat...tool-8.jpg]

9. In the Window that pops up, navigate to the folder where the BPLGUĀ file for the Smartwatch is located, select it and click Open

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Mediatek-Smartwat...tool-9.jpg]

10. Click Save

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Mediatek-Smartwat...ool-10.jpg]

11. You should now be back to the SN Writer dashboard, click Start

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Mediatek-Smartwat...ool-11.jpg]

12. Input the IMEI you wish to write then click OK

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Mediatek-Smartwat...ool-12.jpg]

13. You should now see Wait for usb insert... power off the Smartwatch (still with a charged battery in it) then connect it to the PC via USB cord

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Mediatek-Smartwat...ool-13.jpg]

14. Once IMEI is successfully written, you should get a green PASS message

[Image: How-to-write-IMEI-to-a-Mediatek-Smartwat...ool-14.jpg]

Important Notice
  • Ensure to use DB files extracted from your device or its stock rom else you'll run into errors
  • This guide only explains how to write IMEI. You are entirely responsible for what IMEI you choose to write
  • If your device has unknown Baseband then ensure to fix that first by reflashing the firmware

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to write IMEI to a Mediatek Smartwatch using SN Write tool or Writer Now, I assume you've installed your smartwatch drivers. If you've not installed the Mediatek drivers (smartwatch We have a guide on our Youtube channel & Forum. You might want to check that guide out to install the drivers With your drivers installed and the firmware for the smartwatch (you're going to need the DB files), extract SN write tool and run SN Writer as administrator.

If you're not the admin, you can just run as the normal user Under ComPort, you leave that as VCOM. Under Target Type some smartwatches are Feature i.e older chipsets while some are the more recent ones. The one I have is the 62xx so that's going to be Feature while some are like 6580, those are Smart. Under this dropdown, I'm going to select Feature. Under System Config, depending on what you want to write (in my case, just IMEI). You can also write Bluetooth address, Barcode, WiFi address and the rest.

You just have to tick them here. In my case, its just IMEI so I just tick IMEI. My smartwatch has just one IMEI so I don't have to tick Dual IMEI under IMEI Option I just leave this blank. Next thing is click MD1_DB. You're going to load the DB file from the firmware you have Navigate to the location where you have the smartwatch's firmware. Some might not contain DB files so you ave to find the one that contains the BPLGUInfo... file. Select this file then click Open That's about all so you click Save at the bottom. Now, we're about ready to writ the IMEI. At this point, you're going to need the IMEI of the smartwatch. Click Start.

Since I clicked just IMEI, that's the only prompt I'll get You're going to enter the IMEI [typing] then click OK. At this point, you power off the smartwatch. Don't hold the power button. Make sure the battery is still inside. Connect it to the PC via USB cord. Alright! I have a PASS what happened there? [repeating]. It might be that the IMEI I entered was invalid or phone got disconnected. That's basically how to write IMEI to a Mediatek smartwatch using SN Writer or SN Write tool
This post was last modified: 03-10-2018, 09:28 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.