Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Boxes and Dongles [Tutorial] How to flash Mediatek .bin firmware using Miracle Box
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to flash Mediatek .bin firmware using Miracle Box

[Tutorial] How to flash Mediatek .bin firmware using Miracle Box

Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-07-2016, 01:28 PM

This is a step-by-step guide on how to flash firmware in .bin format to a Mediatek Android device using Miracle Box. Bin format firmware is a single file and significantly larger than scatter format in many cases.

Requirements

Steps to flash a .bin firmware to a Mediatek (MTK) phone using Miracle Box

Follow the steps below to flash a .bin format firmware to a Mediatek device using Miracle Box

See the video tutorial below or @ https://youtu.be/pBPWlSpcp28

1. Extract the Miracle Box zip into a folder and launch Miracle loader exe

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-backup-or-dump-a-Mediatek...Box-0.webp]

2. Wait till Miracle Box opens to the Dashboard

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-flash-a-mediatek-Android-...Box-1.webp]

3. Click the MTK Tab

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-flash-a-mediatek-Android-...Box-2.webp]

4. Tick Write

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-flash-a-mediatek-Android-...Box-3.webp]

5. Select the phone's chipset from the dropdown menu

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-flash-a-mediatek-Android-...Box-4.webp]

6. Click the folder icon

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-flash-a-mediatek-Android-...Box-5.webp]

7. In the window that pops up, select the firmware for the phone model (in .bin format) and click Open

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-flash-a-mediatek-Android-...Box-6.webp]

8. Click the Start button

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-flash-a-mediatek-Android-...Box-7.webp]

9. Switch off the phone (with a charged battery inside) then connect it to the PC via a USB cord. Miracle Box should detect the phone

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-flash-a-mediatek-Android-...Box-8.webp]

10. Miracle box should begin flashing the firmware, wait till it gets to 100%

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-flash-a-mediatek-Android-...Box-9.webp]

11. Once it gets to 100%, close the Miracle box and disconnect the phone

[Image: Hovatek-How-to-flash-a-mediatek-Android-...ox-10.webp]

Important Notice
  • You'll mostly find .bin format firmware for devices with feature chipsets
  • If you get the inactive start button error when using Miracle, then see theMiracle Box inactive start button fix
  • Do not mistake the scatter format for the bin format. The .bin format is a single (large) .bin file while the scatter format consists of a scatter file and several .bin files (e.g recovery.bin, secro.bin etc)
  • Do not interrupt the flashing process as this could cause the device to go dead
  • It's recommended you dump / backup your firmware before flashing another firmware to your device just in case the new firmware bricks your device
  • Only flash firmware for your phone model and variant. Doing otherwise could brick your device

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to flash the firmware to a Mediatek Android phone using Miracle Box. The things you'll need for this guide are your firmware for the phone mode you wish to flash in the .bin format. You'll need Miracle Box too and your Mediatek VCOM drivers. Drivers are to ensure that your PC can communicate with the phone effectively for flashing to occur. First, install Mediatek VCOM drivers We already have several guides on that at the Forum & Youtube channel.

I'll briefly take you through that so you have a clear idea of how the whole thing is supposed to work. You launch device manager by pressing the Windows button. I'm using a Windows 10 PC, that means I first had to disable my signature verification. If you're using a Windows 8 or 10 PC, you need to disable your drivers signature verification so you can install unsigned drivers because this Meditek VCOM driver is an unsigned driver. so ensure you see our video and guide on how to disable signature verification on a Widows 8 & 10 PC

With my signature verification disabled, launch device manager (as I've done). Select any item on the list click on Action - Add Legacy Hardware - Next - Install the hardware... - Next - Next - Have Disk... Browse - Navigate to the directory where you have your VCOM drivers - Drivers - USB VCOM. You need to know your PC's architecture (32 or 64 bit). As you can see on the list, we have just Windows 7 as the latest If you're using a Windows 7,8 or 10 PC, you're to select the Windows 7 folder. To check if yours is 32 or 64 bit Go to My Computer (or This PC) - Right-click Properties - Mine is 64 bit so I select the one for 64 bit then I click on Open - OK - Next - Next.

It says the following hardware was installed... with Code 10 error its nothing to worry about. The reason you're getting that error is because you've installed an unsigned driver you might have these yellow triangles here, nothing to worry about. At this point, I've installed VCOM drivers Launch Miracle box and wait for it to launch to the dashboard. Click on MTK since we're flashing Mediatek Tick Write. From this place, you have to select the chipset for your phone model. Mine is MT6580 phone so I'll just select this (4th boot). Click this folder icon so you can select the firmware you wish to flash (which is in .bin format) and click on Open.

At this point, you click the Start button Waiting for USB Port. Switch off the phone, with a charged battery in, and connect to the PC via a USB cord You need to hold on for flashing to begin.OK, it has recognized the phone and it's going to start flashing It could take a while, so ensure not to interrupt the flashing process. Wait till it gets to 100% then close and disconnect and boot up the phone. If the phone is stuck at a boot loop or boot animation/logo just boot into recovery mode and do a factory reset then boot up the phone.

That's basically how to flash a Mediatek Android phone's firmware using Miracle box
This post was last modified: 11-02-2024, 12:59 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Sale babaji
Sale babaji
Sale babaji
08-07-2016, 12:11 AM
Awesome. Pls does this requires Flashing box
Or any other additional hardware.? Huh
barnpat
barnpat
barnpat
Techie Member
08-07-2016, 08:41 AM
(08-07-2016, 12:11 AM)Sale babaji Awesome. Pls does this requires Flashing box
Or any other additional hardware.? Huh

NO it doesn't require any other hardware.

Sent from my Infinix X510 using Hovatek mobile
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
13-07-2016, 11:21 PM
(07-07-2016, 01:28 PM)hovatek .

THere are 4 different .bin files in the extracted firmware, which one is to be selected please?
This post was last modified: 29-09-2018, 08:19 AM by hovatek.
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
14-07-2016, 11:42 AM

(13-07-2016, 11:21 PM)lakunle1love THere are 4 different .bin files in the extracted firmware, which one is to be selected please?

This post was last modified: 29-09-2018, 08:20 AM by hovatek.
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
lakunle1love
Respected Member
14-07-2016, 11:43 AM
or will i rename the firmware that is in .zip to .bin?
temronis
temronis
temronis
15-07-2016, 01:53 PM
please how to use miracle box to fine flash firmware online ?
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
15-07-2016, 06:16 PM
(14-07-2016, 11:43 AM)lakunle1love or will i rename the firmware that is in .zip to .bin?

Create a thread and attach screenshots of the files your got after backup using miracle box or attach them here
matybazz
matybazz
matybazz
15-07-2016, 06:20 PM
(15-07-2016, 01:53 PM)temronis please how to use miracle box to fine flash firmware online ?

Have you read the guide written above?
Jemoh
Jemoh
Jemoh
Techie Member
15-07-2016, 06:28 PM

I flashed my wiko sunset 2 with a wrong firmware and ended up bricking it.now it wont come back to life.nosigns of life. can miracle box help in this situation?
Pages (6): 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next