[Tutorial] How to verify the contents of a vbmeta image
[Tutorial] How to verify the contents of a vbmeta image
(11-07-2020, 11:02 PM)zav31254 Hello! There is a problem. I can not see the contents of vbmeta-sign.img for doogee n10. In Windows 7, I get an error: File "avbtool", line 411
  b = 2L ** 32
Syntax error: invalid syntax.
In Umbuntu , I get an error:avbtool: Given image does not look like a vbmeta image.
 I ask for help.
(20-09-2020, 08:04 PM)cgod Hello!
I have Blackview Tab 8 (Spreadtrum/Unisoc SC9863a, Android 10)
I successfully unlocked the bootloader using your tutorial (https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32287.html)
Now i'm trying to root the device using Magisk, by patching the boot image. As i understand, i have to deal with the vbmeta first.
Looks like i have the same keys you used in your tutorials, however some my partition names (and Auxiliary Block:Â 13568 bytes)Â are different.
Code:Minimum libavb version:  1.0 Header Block:       256 bytes Authentication Block:   576 bytes Auxiliary Block:     13568 bytes Algorithm:        SHA256_RSA4096 Rollback Index:      0 Flags:          0 Release String:      'avbtool 1.1.0' Descriptors:   Chain Partition descriptor:    Partition Name:     boot    Rollback Index Location: 1    Public key (sha1):    ea410c1b46cdb2e40e526880ff383f083bd615d5   Chain Partition descriptor:    Partition Name:     dtbo    Rollback Index Location: 10    Public key (sha1):    ea410c1b46cdb2e40e526880ff383f083bd615d5   Chain Partition descriptor:    Partition Name:     recovery    Rollback Index Location: 2    Public key (sha1):    d9093b9a181bdb5731b44d60a9f850dc724e2874   Chain Partition descriptor:    Partition Name:     socko    Rollback Index Location: 11    Public key (sha1):    bc688cacacd959cfaafbf0549d080d6fc2d50a08   Chain Partition descriptor:    Partition Name:     odmko    Rollback Index Location: 12    Public key (sha1):    425215859f49f31809f16491c2a67e04df79baaf   Chain Partition descriptor:    Partition Name:     vbmeta_system    Rollback Index Location: 3    Public key (sha1):    e2c66ff8a1d787d7bf898711187bff150f691d27   Chain Partition descriptor:    Partition Name:     vbmeta_vendor    Rollback Index Location: 4    Public key (sha1):    9885bf5bf909e5208dfd42abaf51ad9b104ee117   Chain Partition descriptor:    Partition Name:     l_modem    Rollback Index Location: 6    Public key (sha1):    e93e7d91ba1a46b81a5f15129b4dc5769bf41f26   Chain Partition descriptor:    Partition Name:     l_ldsp    Rollback Index Location: 7    Public key (sha1):    e93e7d91ba1a46b81a5f15129b4dc5769bf41f26   Chain Partition descriptor:    Partition Name:     l_gdsp    Rollback Index Location: 8    Public key (sha1):    e93e7d91ba1a46b81a5f15129b4dc5769bf41f26   Chain Partition descriptor:    Partition Name:     pm_sys    Rollback Index Location: 9    Public key (sha1):    e93e7d91ba1a46b81a5f15129b4dc5769bf41f26
If i'm going to use your "[Hovatek] generic_spd_unisoc_public_keys.zip"Â Do i have to rename your key.bin files accordingly? Is Auxillary Block diff a problem?
Thank you.
(10-05-2021, 05:00 AM)gemiller I had the exact same issue in Linux. Change 2L to 2 in two places and the program runs fine for me with python2.
...
(10-05-2021, 12:39 PM)X3non(10-05-2021, 05:00 AM)gemiller I had the exact same issue in Linux. Change 2L to 2 in two places and the program runs fine for me with python2.
...
you don't need to modify the avbtool, use python 2
(22-06-2021, 10:55 PM)pindonga123 Hello I checked the file and gived me the error avbtool: Given image does not look like a vbmeta image, I followed the tutorial, opened the file with a hexadecima editor finded the key AVB0 and erased it filling with zeros, but I get the same error. Here the two files
(23-06-2021, 12:59 PM)X3nonI do not know how to do it. What I do is fill with zeros everything that is before the AV0 string but it keeps giving me the same error. What I want to do is copy the entire chain from AV0 and create a new file but the editor does not allow it. Thank you for being so patient with me. Usually in the forums or they do not answer or when perhaps they ask stupid questions like mine they treat you badly or they do not answer you either. I appreciate taking your time to teach me(22-06-2021, 10:55 PM)pindonga123 Hello I checked the file and gived me the error avbtool: Given image does not look like a vbmeta image, I followed the tutorial, opened the file with a hexadecima editor finded the key AVB0 and erased it filling with zeros, but I get the same error. Here the two files
you made a mistake, you're not to remove AVB0 but rather you're to remove everything else that's before AVB0 so the file begins with AVB0
(23-06-2021, 08:02 PM)pindonga123(23-06-2021, 12:59 PM)X3nonI do not know how to do it. What I do is fill with zeros everything that is before the AV0 string but it keeps giving me the same error. What I want to do is copy the entire chain from AV0 and create a new file but the editor does not allow it. Thank you for being so patient with me. Usually in the forums or they do not answer or when perhaps they ask stupid questions like mine they treat you badly or they do not answer you either. I appreciate taking your time to teach me(22-06-2021, 10:55 PM)pindonga123 Hello I checked the file and gived me the error avbtool: Given image does not look like a vbmeta image, I followed the tutorial, opened the file with a hexadecima editor finded the key AVB0 and erased it filling with zeros, but I get the same error. Here the two files
you made a mistake, you're not to remove AVB0 but rather you're to remove everything else that's before AVB0 so the file begins with AVB0
(24-06-2021, 12:28 AM)pindonga123 In the end I was able to solve it, I decided not to delete the question in case someone makes the same mistake as me. The error is filling with zeros everything before the AVB0 chain, but what you have to do as they told me and I misunderstood is to delete everything that is before the AVB0 chain, I used another hexadecimal editor so I could not, use the one recommended here HXD, the program will ask them that with the action they will modify the size of the file and they say yes. Well now it remains to continue to see if I can finish the process, luck to all those who are about to do the same
(24-06-2021, 10:55 AM)X3non(24-06-2021, 12:28 AM)pindonga123 In the end I was able to solve it, I decided not to delete the question in case someone makes the same mistake as me. The error is filling with zeros everything before the AVB0 chain, but what you have to do as they told me and I misunderstood is to delete everything that is before the AVB0 chain, I used another hexadecimal editor so I could not, use the one recommended here HXD, the program will ask them that with the action they will modify the size of the file and they say yes. Well now it remains to continue to see if I can finish the process, luck to all those who are about to do the same
glad that you were able to solve it and your previous post is also correct too, i.e copying everything from AVB0 to the end into a new file. HXD will allow you copy but you'll have to highlight and copy the contents of hex view rather than copying the decoded text (due to strange characters that might not be copied correctly)