Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to flash Motorola firmware using fastboot
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to flash Motorola firmware using fastboot

[Tutorial] How to flash Motorola firmware using fastboot

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
20-02-2021, 11:57 AM

This guide will explain how to flash fimware to a Motorola Android device via fastboot. This method will work even on a locked bootloader provided the firmware is factory signed and matches the phone's Software Channel.

Requirements

Steps to flash Moto firrmware using fastboot

Follow the steps below to flash a Motorola android device's firmware using fastboot

See the video below or @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUEJf82DlpI

1. Extract the firmware's contents into the same folder as the fastboot binaries

[Image: How-to-flash-Motorola-firmware-using-fastboot-1.webp]

2. Copy flashfile.xml from the firmware into the Moto-XML-To-Batch > Place_Extracted_Firmware_Here folder
    then launch (double-click) 2-rsd-flash-file-windows.bat

[Image: How-to-flash-Motorola-firmware-using-fastboot-2.webp]

3. Press any key once the tool opens

[Image: How-to-flash-Motorola-firmware-using-fastboot-3.webp]

4. Press any key again to close the tool once its done

[Image: How-to-flash-Motorola-firmware-using-fastboot-4.webp]

5. You should now have a flashfile.bat file

[Image: How-to-flash-Motorola-firmware-using-fastboot-5.webp]

6. Copy the flashfile.bat into the folder where you have the firmware files and fastboot binaries together. Boot the Moto device into fastboot (power it off > hold vol down + power > wait till it enters bootloader) then connect to PC via USB cable

[Image: How-to-flash-Motorola-firmware-using-fastboot-6.webp]

7. Double-click the flashfile.bat to run it. flashing should begin

[Image: How-to-flash-Motorola-firmware-using-fastboot-7.webp]

8. Once flashing is done, press any key to close the tool. The device should reboot

[Image: How-to-flash-Motorola-firmware-using-fastboot-8.webp]

Important Notice
If you're flashing an unsigned firmware or one for a different software channel then ensure to unlock the bootloader first

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining how to flash firmware to a Motorola Android device using fastboot. You might have come across RSD Lite but this tool doesn't work too well on Windows 10 devices so the fastboot approach is a way around RSD Lite. Now, for you to use this method, you need to have installed your fastboot drivers. You also need to have the fastboot binaries. I'll link to a guide on how to setup fastboot.

You need to have downloaded the firmware for your device and extracted it. I have my firmware files here as you can see. You also need to have copied your fastboot binaries. The firmware file and fastboot binaries will be in the same folder as you can see here. Finally, you download this xml to batch script converter, I'll link to it also. SO I have my xml to batch script converter, my firmware file and fastboot binaries in the same folder.

Next up, you copy the flashfile.xml, this is it right here then paste it into this xml to.. sorry.. into this xml to batch script converter folder and then you launch this. You click (tap) Enter and that is done. Now you come to this batch file and paste it into that same folder right here. Now, I should mention that one advantage Motorola has is that you can flash firmware to your device whether on locked or unlocked bootloader. I mean whether the bootloader is locked or unlocked, you can flash factory firmware..

Now, even on locked bootloader, you can flash firmware provided it is signed factory firmware. That's one advantage it has. We are used to having to unlock bootloader
before we can flash anything to the device but with a Motorola device, even on a locked bootloader, you can flash firmware. Now, next you click the flashfile.bat. Before you do that, you need to boot the device into fastboot mode. First you power it off, then you hold the volume down and power button and wait till it enters fastboot.

Now, once in fastboot, you connect to the PC via USB cable then you can launch the flashfile.bat. You wait while flashing commences. I had a disconnection so that has to re-run. I'll have to re-run the procedure, I had a disconnection. Alright so flashing is done and you can now tap any key to complete which will reboot the device. That's how to flash a Motorola Android device's firmware using fastboot. Notice that during my own flashing, there was ain interruption so I had to restart the process.

If you encounter that, what you have to do is to reboot the device into fastboot the re-run the batch file and everything should be fine.
This post was last modified: 14-11-2023, 01:06 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
newthero9
newthero9
newthero9
23-11-2021, 04:19 AM
(20-02-2021, 11:57 AM)hovatek ...
This post was last modified: 23-11-2021, 05:49 PM by hovatek.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
23-11-2021, 05:50 PM
(23-11-2021, 04:19 AM)newthero9 ...

Empty response

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
dimi1759
dimi1759
dimi1759
11-02-2023, 10:10 AM
BBonjour j'ai un problème avec mon moto g9 play xt2083-6. Je suis bien la procédure tout passe bien jusqu'au flash qui commence puis but sur erase userdata qui envoie toujours l'erreur acces denied
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
16-02-2023, 12:01 PM

(11-02-2023, 10:10 AM)dimi1759 BBonjour j'ai un problème avec mon moto g9 play xt2083-6. Je suis bien la procédure tout passe bien jusqu'au flash qui commence puis but sur erase userdata qui envoie toujours l'erreur acces denied

Please post in English

Note!