Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to unlock Motorola Bootloader
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to unlock Motorola Bootloader

[Tutorial] How to unlock Motorola Bootloader

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-03-2021, 11:08 AM

This guide will explain how to unlock a Motorola Android device's bootloader using a unique unlock token

Requirements

Steps to unlock Motorola bootloader

Follow the steps below to unlock your Moto Android bootloader

See the video below or @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BInu0K0IwE

1. Visit https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp....r-device-a
  2. Scroll down and click Next

[Image: How-to-unlock-Motorola-Bootloader-1.webp]

3. Sign in to your Motorola / Lenovo account

[Image: How-to-unlock-Motorola-Bootloader-2.webp]

4. When prompted to link your Google account, click Never mind, skip for now

[Image: How-to-unlock-Motorola-Bootloader-3.webp]

5. Boot the device into fastboot (Power off > Hold Volume down + Power) and connect to PC
  6. Launch the command prompt from the fastboot directory
  7. Run the command to confirm the device is detected

Code:

fastboot devices

8. If the device is detected, run this command to get the unlock data

Code:

fastboot oem get_unlock_data

9. You'll get an output like this [On MAC, you'll see INFO instead of (bootloader)]

Code:

$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data
    (bootloader) 0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230
    (bootloader) 30373731363031303332323239#BD00
    (bootloader) 8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95
    (bootloader) 1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000
    (bootloader) 0000000

10. Join all the strings to look like this

Code:

0A40040192024205#4C4D355631323030373731363031303332323239#BD008A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F951A3E5#1F532800020000000000000000000000

11. Paste the above in the input field and click Can my device be unlocked?

[Image: How-to-unlock-Motorola-Bootloader-4.webp]

12. If your device is eligible, you'll see a Request Unlock Key button. Select Agree then click the button

[Image: How-to-unlock-Motorola-Bootloader-5.webp]

13. Check your email for your unlock token

14. To unlock, run the command below

Code:

fastboot oem unlock your_token

e.g

Code:

fastboot oem unlock VJO6J4TOPIGGMLNSPQQZ

15. You'll be prompted to re-run the command. Do so and your bootloader should be unlocked.

Important Notice
To relock your Bootloader, follow https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-36834.html

Video Transcript
Quote:In this video tutorial, I'll be explaining
how to unlock the botloader of a Motorola Android device. Now, this kind of devices don't work with the regular fastboot oem unlocking or fastboot flashing unlocking. That's because they require an unlock token which you need to get from the Motorola website. Now, before you can proceed, you need to have setup your adb and fastboot.I'll link to a guide on how to do that. You also need to know how to boot your device into bootloader which is done by powering off the device.

Once its off,, you hold the volume down and power button and you keep holding both till it enters bootloader. Once you're in bootloader, you can connect
the device to the PC via USB cable. Now, you're going to launch fastboot to test our connection so I'm going to launch it by copying the address then I'll launch my command
prompt. Then I'll cd to..I'll jump too the location of the adb fastboot then I do fastboot devices. This is to check if my device is connected
so yeah, I have a detection. Now, I'm going to copy some important information which will help me generate the unlock token. To do that, you type fastboot oem get_unlock_data. So now it generates this information. What you want to do is copy these out  then you can paste them in a notepad.

Now you can delete all these (bootloader) part. What you want to do is join everything just the way I'm doing. Ensure not to delete any character accidentally. # separates each part. Then the final part. So I have that. So you select all of this and you copy. Now to the next part. You visit this website. I'll link to this also in the description
and then you scroll down and click Next. All this is just a warning. Now its going to require you to sign into your Motorola account. I've setup mine already so If you have not,
you can follow the signup link once it loads. You can signup here if you don't have an ID
already. I do so I'm going to login. Once you sign in, you'll have this page. You can skip this for now. That'll bring you to this page. Now, this is just instructions on what I already did so you don't have to go through all this.

Here you can also check if you can unlock your model by putting information requested for. Mine is unlockable so I'll just proceed. Just go through all of these. You agree then you paste what I asked you to paste... what you copied earlier on. I have request unlock key available here so I just click that. I click OK. Now you should check your email. you'll get the unlock key. I'm going to copy mine quickly. Alright, so here's my unlock key here. I got it in my email. Next, once you get your unlock key, you go back to fastboot and then you type  fastboot oem unlock and then you paste the key and tap enter. You're going to get this warning then you re-run the command; fastboot oem unlock then you paste your key and tap Enter.

That's done, the device is going to reboot and once it reboots, you should see flashing locked or unlocked and you'll see your bootloader status flashing_unlocked while in bootloader or fastboot. So that's how to unlock your Motorola Android device's bootloader using its unlock token.
This post was last modified: 28-11-2023, 02:15 PM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.