Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to fix HTC qhsusb_bulk or qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 brick
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to fix HTC qhsusb_bulk or qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 brick

[Tutorial] How to fix HTC qhsusb_bulk or qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 brick

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-08-2017, 01:31 PM

Your Qualcomm device is hard bricked if it gets detected as QHSUSB_BULK or Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 on PC but won't boot up. QHSUSB_BULK indicates no Qualcomm USB drivers installed while Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 indicates that Qualcomm USB drivers are installed.

The QHSUSB_BULK or Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 issue is characterized by a totally dead HTC (Qualcomm) Android phone; no light, no LED, can't boot into Hboot, fastboot or recovery...just totally dead. The only sign of life is when you connect the phone to a PC; the PC makes a sound and the phone gets detected in Device Manager as QHSUSB_BULK or Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 (Device Manager might refresh)

[Image: ScreenHunter_205-Aug.-07-00.51.jpg]

What is this error?

This error is an indication that the phone is hard bricked due to a corrupted Bootloader.  It could occur randomly or after you make a change to the phone, causing the phone to go into Qualcomm Emergency Download Mode

How to fix HTC (Qualcomm) QHSUSB_BULK or Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 error

Requirements

Steps to create a bootable SD card from the mmcblk0.img

You'll need the mmcblk0.img  for your phone model. You can search for this online or extract (from a working phone) using Win32DiskImager / ADB . Once the mmcblk0.img has been obtained, you now need to create a bootable SD card using the mmcblk0.img and Win32DiskImager:

1. Connect the SD Card to the PC
  2. Launch Win32DiskImager

[Image: create-a-bootable-SD-card-from-the-mmcbl...ager-1.jpg]

3. Under Device, select the drive letter for the SD Card ( e.g D:\ )

[Image: create-a-bootable-SD-card-from-the-mmcbl...ager-2.jpg]

4. Click the folder icon under Image File. In the Window that pops up, navigate to the location of the mmcblk0.img , highlight it then click Open

[Image: create-a-bootable-SD-card-from-the-mmcbl...ager-3.jpg]

5. The File should now be loaded to Win32DiskImager

[Image: create-a-bootable-SD-card-from-the-mmcbl...ager-4.jpg]

6. Click Write

[Image: create-a-bootable-SD-card-from-the-mmcbl...ager-5.jpg]

7. When prompted to confirm your action, click Yes

[Image: create-a-bootable-SD-card-from-the-mmcbl...ager-6.jpg]

8. Win32DiskImager should now start writing the image file to the SD card, do not interrupt

[Image: create-a-bootable-SD-card-from-the-mmcbl...ager-7.jpg]

9. Once done, you should get a Write Successful prompt

[Image: create-a-bootable-SD-card-from-the-mmcbl...ager-8.jpg]

Steps to get the Hard Bricked HTC (Qualcomm) phone into Bootloader (Hboot)

1. Insert the bootable SD card (from above) into the phone
  2. With the battery still inserted, hold the Volume down (decrease) button then connect the Phone to a charger
  3. The phone should enter Hboot (If this doesn't work then try with the battery disconnected first then reconnected once a charging animation appears)
  4. You can now flash the RUU to the phone

[Image: Hovatek-HTC-in-HBoot.jpg]

Imporant Notice
You should only use mmcblk0.img extracted frm a working phone of the same model. using anything else could make the phone worse
This post was last modified: 06-01-2022, 08:42 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
01-03-2020, 08:57 PM
Will this procedure work for HTC 10 EVO?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-03-2020, 09:00 AM
(01-03-2020, 08:57 PM)ludemon Will this procedure work for HTC 10 EVO?

you can try it out if you have all the requirements to know if it'll work or not
ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
02-03-2020, 06:45 PM
Well I am currently waiting for a working EVO 10 to extract a emmc dump (mmcblk0.img), and then will have a go.
The only thing in the tutorial that I didn't quite understand was that the sample phone was started in bootloader mode near the end, but at the beginning it said can't boot into hboot. In the case of the HTC 10 EVO this would be download mode which could be a problem.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
03-03-2020, 09:51 AM

(02-03-2020, 06:45 PM)ludemon ...In the case of the HTC 10 EVO this would be download mode which could be a problem.

in download mode, can you flash a ruu firmware?
ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
03-03-2020, 03:50 PM
At present the phone randomly cycles through various states. One of the states is Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 in PC Device Manager.
I can occasionally boot into download mode but it won't stay long enough to flash a RUU. Hopefully the mmcblk0.img on SD card method will allow stable boot into download mode.
ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
03-03-2020, 06:28 PM
Sorry, this post repeated by mistake.
At present the phone randomly cycles through various states. One of the states is Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 in PC Device Manager.
I can occasionally boot into download mode but it won't stay long enough to flash a RUU. Hopefully the mmcblk0.img on SD card method will allow stable boot into download mode.
This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 09:48 AM by ludemon.
ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
06-03-2020, 04:02 PM
I now have a working phone and have used the info in https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23577.html to backup mmcblk0 to the phone internal storage. The file is very large, 22.9Gb, and has used up all the available storage space. Unfortunately I cannot copy the whole file to the PC; the copy process is only about 30 seconds and copied file size is about 480Mb. Can anyone suggest why the file copying is not working correctly; there is no error message.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
06-03-2020, 09:00 PM
(06-03-2020, 04:02 PM)ludemon I now have a working phone and have used the info in https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23577.html to backup mmcblk0 to the phone internal storage. The file is very large, 22.9Gb, and has used up all the available storage space. Unfortunately I cannot copy the whole file to the PC; the copy process is only about 30 seconds and copied file size is about 480Mb. Can anyone suggest why the file copying is not working correctly; there is no error message.

you can't dd the full mmcblk0 into internal storage cause it's size is the entire internal storage
for your mmcblk0 image that's 23gb, you need a 32gb external storage
to copy the image from your phone to the pc, you can use mtp (you might need to reboot the phone and pc before copying through mtp) or adb pull. copying through mtp is way faster than adb pull
ludemon
ludemon
ludemon
Techie Member
15-03-2020, 11:52 AM

Thank you X3non for your reply.
I tried a 32Gb SD Card but received a message 'File too large'. So used a 64Gb SDXC card and successfully copied mmcblk0.img to it. The file size is 31,268,536,320 bytes. I copied the file from the SD card to the PC and used Win32 Disk Imager to write the file back to the SD Card, however the SD Card ends up divided into many partitions and shows in Windows Explorer as USB Disks G through to Z.
This doesn't seem to be correct. What is likely to be going wrong here?
This post was last modified: 15-03-2020, 11:56 AM by ludemon.
Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next