Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android status_read_data_exception(0xC0050007) - unable to read back complete EMMC_USER
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

status_read_data_exception(0xC0050007) - unable to read back complete EMMC_USER

status_read_data_exception(0xC0050007) - unable to read back complete EMMC_USER

Didi_6763
Didi_6763
Didi_6763
05-12-2021, 10:34 AM

Hi,
I have 3 MT6763. On one I flashed a custom rom but wifi and bluetooth was not workung. After that I wanted to return to stock rom - I flashed TWRP and boot accidently not with --disable-verity --disable-verification parameter as it should be. Then it did not boot anymore. Flashing boot (some other partitions) with sp flash tool did not help or did not work for 4 or 5 Partitions because veried boot is enabled.
So what I want to do is: Make a backup of one my other MT6763 and flash completely to the "bricked" one.
I can read back EMMC_BOOT_1 an PGPT but for the EMMC_USER read back I get error: status_read_data_exception(0xC0050007)!
I tried to Skip User_data an cache and other partions - every time the same error! Used even different Versions of sp flash tool up to the lastest SP_Flash_Tool_v5.2136_Win. Version 6.... is completely different!
Battery is loaded over 80 percent - as mentioned in another similar thread subject.
So - whats the best way to meet the goal!

Thanks in Advance!
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-12-2021, 09:46 AM
(05-12-2021, 10:34 AM)Didi_6763 Hi,
I have 3 MT6763. On one I flashed a custom rom but wifi and bluetooth was not workung. After that I wanted to return to stock rom - I flashed TWRP and boot accidently not with --disable-verity --disable-verification parameter as it should be. Then it did not boot anymore. Flashing boot (some other partitions) with sp flash tool did not help or did not work for 4 or 5 Partitions because veried boot is enabled.
So what I want to do is: Make a backup of one my other MT6763 and flash completely to the "bricked" one.
I can read back EMMC_BOOT_1 an PGPT but for the EMMC_USER read back I get error: status_read_data_exception(0xC0050007)!
I tried to Skip User_data an cache and other partions - every time the same error! Used even different Versions of sp flash tool up to the lastest SP_Flash_Tool_v5.2136_Win. Version 6.... is completely different!
Battery is loaded over 80 percent - as mentioned in another similar thread subject.

Thanks in Advance!

What you're trying to do is best done with a factory firmware. A backup /dump might still work though depending on the model.
Are you following this

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
kelvinchinedu
Contributor
06-12-2021, 09:56 AM
Try skipping user data or run sp as admin
Didi_6763
Didi_6763
Didi_6763
13-12-2021, 06:59 PM
(06-12-2021, 09:46 AM)hovatek
(05-12-2021, 10:34 AM)Didi_6763 Hi,

Thanks in Advance!

What you're trying to do is best done with a factory firmware. A backup /dump might still work though depending on the model.
Are you following this

Hi,
now I have managed to readback complete Firmware - also have PGPT. But it is not easy to flash complete Firmware. There are 6 partitions, where the "verified boot" message comes up. So merging Partions is very heavy - because after the recovery partition there are 11 none download partitions followed by 5 partitions (with verified boot message) and later on - fits the easy example in your video - the boot (sys26) partition followed directly by a logo (sys27) partition(with verified boot message). So what is the best way out. I don't know how to handle the none download partitions! Is it really possible to flash the firmware with that is_download: false partitions in between? Or would it be better try e.g. to patch the boot.img with magisk like in video "How to disable dmverity or Android Verified Boot (AVB)"? But fastboot is not working anymore for 2 of my 3 devices. But - I can still flash with SP. So If this is the easy answer I cound try?
I'll attach Scatterfile and Screenhot which Partitions are blocked by "Verified Boot"
Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
.txt
MT6763_Android_scatter.txt
Size: 15.21 KB / Downloads: 2
.png
VerifiedBoot.png
Size: 251.13 KB / Downloads: 5
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-12-2021, 09:48 AM

(13-12-2021, 06:59 PM)Didi_6763 Hi,
now I have managed to readback complete Firmware - also have PGPT. But it is not easy to flash complete Firmware. There are 6 partitions, where the "verified boot" message comes up. So merging Partions is very heavy - because after the recovery partition there are 11 none download partitions followed by 5 partitions (with verified boot message)  and later on - fits the easy example in your video - the boot (sys26) partition followed directly by a logo (sys27) partition(with verified boot message). So what is the best way out. I don't know how to handle the none download partitions! Is it really possible to flash the firmware with that is_download: false partitions in between? Or would it be better try e.g. to patch the boot.img with magisk like in video "How to disable dmverity or Android Verified Boot (AVB)"? But fastboot is not working anymore for 2 of my 3 devices. But - I can still flash with SP. So If this is the easy answer I cound try?
I'll attach Scatterfile and Screenhot which Partitions are blocked by "Verified Boot"
Thanks in advance!

Now that you have a scatter backup, you could do a full:
1. Backup using mtk client @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40865.html
2. Flash using https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-40866.html

Its best to always have a scatter backup (as you now do) for certain situations
This post was last modified: 14-12-2021, 09:49 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Didi_6763
Didi_6763
Didi_6763
16-12-2021, 07:43 PM
Hi,
I can report success!
One of my dead devices is alive again. Flashing the second one is running in the moment.
As you recommended I made a backup from the 3rd working one (1. Step)
and a flash (restore) on the second one.
Though I had to worry because of this 2 Messages - it startet up after finishing the whole flashing:
DA_handler - [LIB]: ←[31mError: Couldn't detect partition: gpt_backup
, skipping←[0m
DA_handler
DA_handler - [LIB]: ←[31mError: Couldn't detect partition: gpt_main
So I'm really happy! And my Christmas presents are recovered!
!!! Thank you very much !!!
I'll give You the best recommendation!
And buy you a coffee...