Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Custom Twrp for Blu g70 running Android 9
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Custom Twrp for Blu g70 running Android 9

Custom Twrp for Blu g70 running Android 9

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
13-09-2021, 05:32 AM

idk what you did to reboot to recovery. So no clue about what's wrong with that.

You can try these methods to boot to recovery:
A. With adb command
1. In system, use adb to boot to recovery
adb reboot recovery

B. With fastboot command
1. In system, use adb to reboot to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
2. In fastboot mode, use fastboot to boot to recovery:
fastboot reboot recovery

C. With fastboot command
1. In system, use adb to reboot to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
2. In fastboot mode, use fastboot to boot recovery.img after flashing TWRP recovery
fastboot boot TWRP.img

As I mentioned before, you don't need TWRP to flash GSI ROMs. TWRP is only needed for flashing GAPPS.

(13-09-2021, 04:23 AM)nybol @Siamese007

I need help please.
I flashed the ported Twrp successfully with adb but when I try to boot to recovery , it goes back to the stock recovery. I have already flashed the patched boot image as advised in the hovatek forum to disable dm verity

How can I fix this please
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-09-2021, 11:46 AM
(13-09-2021, 04:23 AM)nybol ...
I flashed the ported Twrp successfully with adb but when I try to boot to recovery , it goes back to the stock recovery. I have already flashed the patched boot image as advised in the hovatek forum to disable dm verity

it's either you flash twrp then boot directly to recovery mode (without booting into /system) OR you remove recovery-from-boot.p from within /system using root

method 1, boot directly to recovery mode
flash empty vbmeta (to remove dm_verity) @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32719.html (if you rooted already then skip this as you must have flashed empty vbmeta before patched boot)
flash twrp ; @Siamese007 pointed out the command @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-400...#pid218762
lastly reboot directly to recovery mode from fastboot ; see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21410.html (this command doesn't work on all devices though, you can try it out)
if you successfully get to twrp then delete recovery-from-boot.p located in /system using TWRP > Advanced > File manager (ensure to mount system first in TWRP > mount)
subsequently, you can reboot to homescreen and still retain twrp

method 2, remove recovery-from-boot.p using root
root your device ; see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
then use any root file manager to delete recovery-from-boot.p located in /system
then flash twrp and boot to recovery mode using any method
nybol
nybol
nybol
Enthusiastic Member
14-09-2021, 01:34 AM
(13-09-2021, 11:46 AM)X3non
(13-09-2021, 04:23 AM)nybol ...

it's either you flash twrp then boot directly to recovery mode (without booting into /system) OR you remove recovery-from-boot.p from within /system using root

method 1, boot directly to recovery mode
flash empty vbmeta (to remove dm_verity) @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32719.html (if you rooted already then skip this as you must have flashed empty vbmeta before patched boot)
flash twrp ; @Siamese007 pointed out the command @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-400...#pid218762
lastly reboot directly to recovery mode from fastboot ; see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21410.html (this command doesn't work on all devices though, you can try it out)
if you successfully get to twrp then delete recovery-from-boot.p located in /system using TWRP > Advanced > File manager (ensure to mount system first in TWRP > mount)
subsequently, you can reboot to homescreen and still retain twrp

method 2, remove recovery-from-boot.p using root
root your device ; see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html
then use any root file manager to delete recovery-from-boot.p located in /system
then flash twrp and boot to recovery mode using any method

@X3non, @Siamese007

I really want to thank you for how much you've helped me. Unfortunately, I've tried all the steps and none 9f them worked. I even had a bootloop at a time but I was able to flash the ROM with sp flash tool. The phone is working fine but all attempts to flash twrp failed.

Now I have decided to flash the gsi and 8 would appreciate all the help I can get.

Though @Siamese told me that I only need twrp to flash gapps.

Now this are my questions pls before I try the linage OS gsi.

1. when I flash the gsi and it's working, how can I flash gapps without twrp ?. I would prefer to flash only nano or pico gapps. I do not need most of the other goggle apps. But if there is no twrp, what will I do ?

2. After flashing gsi, will it be easier to flash twrp on the phone or does the linage OS come with custom recovery already installed ? Or will I still have the stock recovery that is on the phone now ?

3. Given the specs of my phone , Blu G70 with 2gb ram and 32gb memory, Helio p23 processor. Which of the gsi would give me better functionality and stability. Is it Linage is 17 with Android 10 or Linage is 18 with Android 11 ? I would prefer a smooth experience with no bugs

4. Lastly I would appreciate links for the best linage OS gsi that would suit my phone even if it is for Android 10.

5. Once again, thank you so much. You have really been helpful. Please if there is any other information that I need , pls let me know. Thank you
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
14-09-2021, 04:52 AM
Glad to hear that you could successfully flash GSI ROM. Flashing GSI ROM with SP flash tool can be workable for the phone with Android 9 or below. Because in Android 10, SP flash tool will flash super.img instead of system.img.

My answers for your questions from my experience are below:
1. Right now I know only TWRP that can flash GAPPS for your phone. If you want to use Google apps like Play Store, you need to choose the ROMs with GAPPS. Try this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/trebler...z/download or this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/trebler...z/download

2. Flashing GSI ROM has no effect on flashing TWRP.

3. GSI ROMs are trial and error. Cannot tell exactly which GSI ROMs that can suit which Android devices. Generally Lineage OS is one of the most stable ROMs with long experience of Custom ROMs.

4. I have no idea which Lineage ROM that you flashed and works. Here is link for Android 10 Lineage OS:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan...eage-17.x/

5. There are many more GSI ROMs on the internet. You can search and try them to know which is best for your phone.

I am willing to help . Actually I know nothing about Android technical stuff. All I've explained are from my pure experience and research from the internet. There are many more users who know more than I do. Hovatek is one of the great forum for Android knowledge vault of Mediatek and Unisoc devices. XDA forum is mainly good for Qualcomm devices.

(14-09-2021, 01:34 AM)nybol @X3non, @Siamese007

I really want to thank you for how much you've helped me. Unfortunately, I've tried all the steps and none 9f them worked. I even had a bootloop at a time but I was able to flash the ROM with sp flash tool. The phone is working fine but all attempts to flash twrp failed.

Now I have decided to flash the gsi and 8 would appreciate all the help I can get.

1. when I flash the gsi and it's working, how can I flash gapps without twrp ?. I would prefer to flash only nano or pico gapps. I do not need most of the other goggle apps. But if there is no twrp, what will I do ?

2. After flashing gsi, will it be easier to flash twrp on the phone or does the linage OS come with custom recovery already installed ? Or will I still have the stock recovery that is on the phone now ?

3. Given the specs of my phone , Blu G70 with 2gb ram and 32gb memory, Helio p23 processor. Which of the gsi would give me better functionality and stability. Is it Linage is 17 with Android 10 or Linage is 18 with Android 11 ? I would prefer a smooth experience with no bugs

4. Lastly I would appreciate links for the best linage OS gsi that would suit my phone even if it is for Android 10.

5. Once again, thank you so much. You have really been helpful. Please if there is any other information that I need , pls let me know. Thank you
nybol
nybol
nybol
Enthusiastic Member
14-09-2021, 01:56 PM

(14-09-2021, 04:52 AM)siamese007 Glad to hear that you could successfully flash GSI ROM. Flashing GSI ROM with SP flash tool can be workable for the phone with Android 9 or below. Because in Android 10, SP flash tool will flash super.img instead of system.img.

My answers for your questions from my experience are below:
1. Right now I know only TWRP that can flash GAPPS for your phone. If you want to use Google apps like Play Store, you need to choose the ROMs with GAPPS. Try this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/trebler...z/download or this link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/trebler...z/download

2. Flashing GSI ROM has no effect on flashing TWRP.

3. GSI ROMs are trial and error. Cannot tell exactly which GSI ROMs that can suit which Android devices. Generally Lineage OS is one of the most stable ROMs with long experience of Custom ROMs.

4. I have no idea which Lineage ROM that you flashed and works. Here is link for Android 10 Lineage OS:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan...eage-17.x/

5. There are many more GSI ROMs on the internet. You can search and try them to know which is best for your phone.

I am willing to help . Actually I know nothing about Android technical stuff. All I've explained are from my pure experience and research from the internet. There are many more users who know more than I do. Hovatek is one of the great forum for Android knowledge vault of Mediatek and Unisoc devices. XDA forum is mainly good for Qualcomm devices.

(14-09-2021, 01:34 AM)nybol @X3non, @Siamese007

Thank you so much

Please I have not flash any GSI ROM yet but I want to flash it.

I only flashed my stock ROM because the phone got boot loop while trying to get twrp installed.

That is why I am asking all these questions.

I think the best will be to look for lineage is with gapps in it so that I won't have to flash gapps separately. In that case , even if I don't get twrp, I guess I should be fine.
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
14-09-2021, 06:30 PM
Since flashing GSI, I have never used TWRP for flash GAPPS before. I bought Teclast and Alldocube devices. There were no TWRP available for those at the time I had them. And I have not known about porting TWRP for my devices yet. All my devices were released with Android 10 or above. So I have no experience in flashing TWRP or using TWRP to flash GAPPS.

You can try the GSI ROMs with GAPPS. And you can also flash GSI ROM.img with SP flash tool by changing the name to system.img and use SP flash tool to flash it to your phone.

The only limit for your phone may be limited RAM. There are very little number of GSI ROMs with GAPPS will probably fit to your phone /system partition.

Hope you will flash GSI ROM to your phone successfully soon.

(14-09-2021, 01:56 PM)nybol Thank you so much

I only flashed my stock ROM because the phone got boot loop while trying to get twrp installed.

I think the best will be to look for lineage is with gapps in it so that I won't have to flash gapps separately. In that case , even if I don't get twrp, I guess I should be fine.
nybol
nybol
nybol
Enthusiastic Member
14-09-2021, 06:52 PM
(14-09-2021, 06:30 PM)siamese007 Since flashing GSI, I have never used TWRP for flash GAPPS before. I bought Teclast and Alldocube devices. There were no TWRP available for those at the time I had them. And I have not known about porting TWRP for my devices yet. All my devices were released with Android 10 or above. So I have no experience in flashing TWRP or using TWRP to flash GAPPS.

You can try the GSI ROMs with GAPPS. And you can also flash GSI ROM.img with SP flash tool by changing the name to system.img and use SP flash tool to flash it to your phone.

The only limit for your phone may be limited RAM. There are very little number of GSI ROMs with GAPPS will probably fit to your phone /system partition.

Hope you will flash GSI ROM to your phone successfully soon.

(14-09-2021, 01:56 PM)nybol Thank you so much

@Siamese007

Thank you for your response. Based on your response, do you mean i can either flash a GSI ROM or a GSI image ?
is the GSI ROM the same as a GSI Image ?

Also i think i will go with android 10 GSI , i believe they should be more stable on my phone because of the 2gb ram. I wont want the phone to be crashing due to ram. but if i see any android 11 gsi that is not heavy , then i would appreciate it.

like i asked earlier, is the GSI ROM the same as a GSI Image ?
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
15-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Yes. GSI ROM is GSI image. To be more precise GSI image is the file of GSI ROM.

Nowadays, Android 11 is quite mutare and stable. Official Android 12 is to be released soon or probably within this year.
Android 11 is quite bigger in file size than Android 10.

(14-09-2021, 06:52 PM)nybol @Siamese007

Thank you for your response. Based on your response, do you mean i can either flash a GSI ROM or a GSI image ?
is the GSI ROM the same as a GSI Image ?

Also i think i will go with android 10 GSI , i believe they should be more stable on my phone because of the 2gb ram. I wont want the phone to be crashing due to ram. but if i see any android 11 gsi that is not heavy , then i would appreciate it.

like i asked earlier, is the GSI ROM the same as a GSI Image ?
Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3