Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to use MTK Bypass to backup or flash secure boot MTK
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to use MTK Bypass to backup or flash secure boot MTK

[Tutorial] How to use MTK Bypass to backup or flash secure boot MTK

Pages (18): Previous 1 2 3 4 518 Next
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-02-2021, 01:51 AM

(09-02-2021, 02:11 PM)HemanthJabalpuri @X3non
Is it possible to flash GSIs or flash magisk_patched-boot.img in Bootloader Locked mobiles with this procedure?

you could but your device will still end up in red state brick. you must unlock bootloader before attempting to flash custom images
HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
HemanthJabalpuri
Techie Member
10-02-2021, 02:08 AM
(10-02-2021, 01:51 AM)X3non you could but your device will still end up in red state brick. you must unlock bootloader before attempting to flash custom images
Thanks for reply.

What about flashing verity removed vbmeta and flashing custom images?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
10-02-2021, 10:32 AM
(10-02-2021, 02:08 AM)HemanthJabalpuri What about flashing verity removed vbmeta and flashing custom images?

you could, but then some devices require the --disable-verification e.t.c arguments when flashing vbmeta which sp flash tool can't give you then again why all the hassle of using sp flash tool when you'd still need to unlock bootloader which requires fastboot
decaftihseruoy
decaftihseruoy
11-02-2021, 10:15 PM
So I hard bricked my REDMI note 8 pro to the point where my computer didn't even see anything if i plugged it in.
Can confirm, this method worked as advertised. You are a legend, thank you.

For Redmi note 8 pro users, I'd recommend using the original ROM the device came with (in my case v10.4 i think this is it https://www.getdroidtips.com/miui-10-4-1...ote-8-pro/).
Also, I used an older and likely modified SP flash tool 5.2052 (https://www.mediafire.com/file/a0gnegc0y...n.rar/file).
OH. ALSO. If it is hard bricked, truly, then you'll have to take off the back of your phone (then ~8 screws) and in the dead center above the battery there will be two little circular metal contacts about a mm or 2 in diameter and 4-5mm apart. You must bridge this gap using copper wire (or high conductance) to get it into EDL mode. There's probably better descriptions of this process out there....

The only thing I'd add is for newbies and that's SAVE ALL YOUR REDMI FILES (and Py) in the same folder. When you run an elevated command inside the folder, if the file you're trying to use isn't in that same folder (or tree) the file will not be found. This is likely avoided by most people who are organized with their file saving but gave me trouble when i started playing with OS' years ago.
Thank you so much, I had pretty much given up hope after spending many hours browsing for any options.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-02-2021, 02:26 PM

(12-02-2021, 01:09 PM)shubharora734 Actually Iam having Poco C3but unable to Boot it into Meta Mode even after Boot loader unlocked on MIUI 12.

create a new thread for your device issue by clicking "Ask Question" at the top
Sandeepth
Sandeepth
Sandeepth
Enthusiastic Member
14-02-2021, 09:25 PM
(29-01-2021, 07:22 PM)X3non This is a step by step guide showing how to flash a Mediatek (MTK) secure boot device without using a custom download agent (DA).

A little history

Secure Boot Mediatek devices require loading a specific Download Agent (DA) file to permit flashing / backup operations. You can read more about Secure Boot, DA and Auth in this article . Up until this exploit was discovered, We'd been providing free Mediatek DA files @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-23784.html so feel free to check it out if this exploit doesn't yet support your secure boot MTK device's chipset.

This MTK-bypass procedure can be used to backup firmware, flash firmware or even format partitions on mediatek secure boots without a custom DA
[/quote]

yes . Finally the long wait is over .. and its working flawlessly for my infinix x690 on win 10 .kindly note python method didn't work . after adding filter driver to mtk usb port too. Device kept switching to vcom driver and rebooting after that . what worked was MCT bypass tool by Myannmar creative team which worked without python . just need to install libusb-win32-devel-filter-1.2.6.0.exe . MCT adds filter driver to mtk port on its own . . marvelous .
backed up whole firmware just to be safe . flashed magisk patched image to device with vbmeta on fastboot . no issues .
thanks and kudos . wheels of development will roll again .
This post was last modified: 14-02-2021, 09:30 PM by Sandeepth.
Attached Files
.png
Screenshot (49).png
Size: 305.6 KB / Downloads: 53
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-02-2021, 09:41 AM
(14-02-2021, 09:25 PM)Sandeepth yes . Finally the long wait is over .. and its working flawlessly for my infinix x690 on win 10 .kindly note python method didn't work . after adding filter driver to mtk usb port too. Device kept switching to vcom driver and rebooting after that . what worked was MCT bypass tool by Myannmar creative team which worked without python . just need to install libusb-win32-devel-filter-1.2.6.0.exe . MCT adds filter driver to mtk port on its own . . marvelous .
backed up whole firmware just to be safe . flashed magisk patched image to device with vbmeta on fastboot . no issues .

thanks for sharing the info
Chrissanctus
Chrissanctus
Chrissanctus
Enthusiastic Member
17-02-2021, 02:05 AM
My device just keeps connecting and disconnecting on it

and at times it connects but i get the error in the second attachment
This post was last modified: 17-02-2021, 02:16 AM by Chrissanctus.
Attached Files
.png
1.PNG
Size: 97.22 KB / Downloads: 47
.png
2.PNG
Size: 79.31 KB / Downloads: 43
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
17-02-2021, 11:01 AM
(17-02-2021, 02:05 AM)Chrissanctus My device just keeps connecting and disconnecting on it

fix this issue, ensure that you've installed the device filter to mtk usb port and that you are holding the right button before connecting the phone to the pc
if it persists, then try a different usb cable or port or pc and also try disconnecting / reconnecting the battery
if you still have problems then create a new thread for your device issue by clicking "Ask Question" at the top
NyihuiGamer
NyihuiGamer
NyihuiGamer
20-02-2021, 04:48 PM

(14-02-2021, 09:25 PM)Sandeepth yes . Finally the long wait is over .. and its working flawlessly for my infinix x690 on win 10 .kindly note python method didn't work . after adding filter driver to mtk usb port too. Device kept switching to vcom driver and rebooting after that . what worked was MCT bypass tool by Myannmar creative team which worked without python . just need to install libusb-win32-devel-filter-1.2.6.0.exe . MCT adds filter driver to mtk port on its own . . marvelous .

Hey, do you know how to backup your rom ? When i try to readback, spft says "please use official scatter" and then my phone can't be detected anymore. I had to go to service center to revive my phone again. Maybe it had something to do with python method ?
Pages (18): Previous 1 2 3 4 518 Next