Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs My Tecno Phantom 6 wont turn on or charge
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

My Tecno Phantom 6 wont turn on or charge

My Tecno Phantom 6 wont turn on or charge

Lilwizprince
Lilwizprince
Lilwizprince
14-10-2020, 09:13 AM

I just plugged it to charge and it was 80%, meanwhile the charging port has issues and I’ll have to put it in a particular position before it charges, so I can’t really say what happened but I know it suddenly tripped off when I plugged it and came back immediately and went off again, it did it for 4 times and then refused to on or charge again... (The tripping off I meant was showing the battery percent and going off again) 
I’ve taken it to the repair and they changed battery and the phone switched on and worked for some minutes(meanwhile my phone was over heating) and then it went off again, and refused to charge again...  I don’t really know the problem, can anybody help???
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-10-2020, 04:22 PM
(14-10-2020, 09:13 AM)Lilwizprince I just plugged it to charge and it was 80%, meanwhile the charging port has issues and I’ll have to put it in a particular position before it charges, so I can’t really say what happened but I know it suddenly tripped off when I plugged it and came back immediately and went off again, it did it for 4 times and then refused to on or charge again... (The tripping off I meant was showing the battery percent and going off again) 
I’ve taken it to the repair and they changed battery and the phone switched on and worked for some minutes(meanwhile my phone was over heating) and then it went off again, and refused to charge again...  I don’t really know the problem, can anybody help???

replace the charging port of the device
Lilwizprince
Lilwizprince
Lilwizprince
14-01-2021, 05:20 PM
(14-10-2020, 04:22 PM)X3non
(14-10-2020, 09:13 AM)Lilwizprince I just plugged it to charge and it was 80%, meanwhile the charging port has issues and I’ll have to put it in a particular position before it charges, so I can’t really say what happened but I know it suddenly tripped off when I plugged it and came back immediately and went off again, it did it for 4 times and then refused to on or charge again... (The tripping off I meant was showing the battery percent and going off again) 

replace the charging port of the device

Would this work? Because the phone don’t switch on at all and this happened since 2019, since then I got tired of taking it for repairs but the files in the phone is so important to me ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
15-01-2021, 12:06 PM
(14-01-2021, 05:20 PM)Lilwizprince Would this work? Because the phone don’t switch on at all and this happened since 2019, since then I got tired of taking it for repairs but the files in the phone is so important to me ?

charging port is clearly faulty, replacing with a good one will enable you charge the phone
Peter Jay CPT
Peter Jay CPT
Peter Jay CPT
07-02-2021, 06:04 PM

Replace the charging port and boost the battery. That's all!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Hovatek Mobile