Home Forum Blog Private Support Courses
Our courses are now on YouTube! Start Watching
Hovatek Forum OPERATING SYSTEMS Android Resizing system partition.

Resizing system partition.

Resizing system partition.

Pius Oblie
Pius Oblie
Pius Oblie
Junior Member
32
15-07-2020, 09:34 AM
#1



Hi! I download a costum GSI ROM and flashed but it was buggy so I decided to go for another version of it. TWRP said the file size is too big for my system. 
Is there a way to increase The system partition or a tool I can flash to increase the partition? 
Thanks in advance:-)
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
51,003
16-07-2020, 09:02 AM
#2
(15-07-2020, 09:34 AM)Pius Oblie Hi! I download a costum GSI ROM and flashed but it was buggy so I decided to go for another version of it. TWRP said the file size is too big for my system. 
Is there a way to increase The system partition or a tool I can flash to increase the partition? 
Thanks in advance:-)

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32750.html

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
Pius Oblie
Pius Oblie
Pius Oblie
Junior Member
32
18-07-2020, 04:11 PM
#3
[attachment=7982   here the screenshot is. X3non pid='197690' dateline='1594886572']
(15-07-2020, 09:34 AM)Pius Oblie Hi! I download a costum GSI ROM and flashed but it was buggy so I decided to go for another version of it. TWRP said the file size is too big for my system. 
Is there a way to increase The system partition or a tool I can flash to increase the partition? 
Thanks in advance:-)

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32750.html
Attached Files
.jpg
IMG_20200718_145038_7~2.jpg
Size: 881.35 KB / Downloads: 73
Pius Oblie
Pius Oblie
Pius Oblie
Junior Member
32
18-07-2020, 04:12 PM
#4
(18-07-2020, 04:11 PM)Pius Oblie
(16-07-2020, 09:02 AM)here the screenshot is. X3non
(15-07-2020, 09:34 AM)Pius Oblie Hi! I download a costum GSI ROM and flashed but it was buggy so I decided to go for another version of it. TWRP said the file size is too big for my system. 
Is there a way to increase The system partition or a tool I can flash to increase the partition? 
Thanks in advance:-)

see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32750.html
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
51,003
18-07-2020, 11:26 PM
#5

Mediatek Course Mediatek Course


(18-07-2020, 04:11 PM)Pius Oblie ...

the chmod command you issued seems wrong
go through step 5 in the guide and issue the commands as it is in the guide

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
dunhill_
dunhill_
dunhill_
Enthusiastic Member
5
17-11-2020, 11:34 AM
#6
Hi X3non,

I am trying to resize partition /system and /userdata to increase space for apps.
I did steps as instruction from topic https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32750.html
While deleting partition /system, an error happened, the partition /system has not been deleted and a message appear:

"Error: Partition(s) 29 on /dev/block/mmcblk0 have been written, but we have been unable to inform the kernel of the change, probably because it/they are in use. As a result, the old partition(s) will remain in use. You should reboot now before making further changes."

Please see the attached picture and help me to solve it.

Thanks in advanced.
This post was last modified: 18-11-2020, 03:03 AM by dunhill_.
Attached Files
.jpg
Clip.jpg
Size: 210.77 KB / Downloads: 59
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
51,003
18-11-2020, 10:17 AM
#7
(17-11-2020, 11:34 AM)dunhill_ Hi X3non,

I am trying to resize partition /system and /userdata to increase space for apps.
I did steps as instruction from topic https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-32750.html
While deleting partition /system, an error happened, the partition /system has not been deleted and a message appear:

"Error: Partition(s) 29 on /dev/block/mmcblk0 have been written, but we have been unable to inform the kernel of the change, probably because it/they are in use. As a result, the old partition(s) will remain in use. You should reboot now before making further changes."

Please see the attached picture and help me to solve it.

Thanks in advanced.

this is someone's thread, create a new thread for your device issue by clicking "Ask Question" at the top
and in your thread ensure to state your device model

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
Users browsing this thread:
 1 Guest(s)
Users browsing this thread:
 1 Guest(s)
WhTlYt