Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Tecno P5 Imei Number Not Changing Anymore
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Tecno P5 Imei Number Not Changing Anymore

Tecno P5 Imei Number Not Changing Anymore

samex4rill
samex4rill
samex4rill
Enthusiastic Member
06-04-2015, 06:04 PM

Good day admin.

I once soft bricked my Tecno p5 then i tried reviving it using sp flash tool but I wrongly flashed what im not suppose to flash then it hard bricked.

I took it to an engineer then he helped me revive it.

after reviving I noticed there wasnt imei on my phone and knowing that I quickly collected someone tecno m3 and I used her mobile umcle tools to backup her imei and restore it on mine so it brought up imei and its working fine.

the problem now is that if I want to change the p5 imei using any mtk tools like gravity box, mobile uncle tools, mtk engineering mode. it wont change instead.
after inputting the new imei I want and I press send command my phone service signal will go off as if its in airplane mode then the mobile uncle will display (At command is failed to msent) please help me out.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
06-04-2015, 08:00 PM
(06-04-2015, 06:04 PM)samex4rill Good day admin.

I once soft bricked my Tecno p5 then i tried reviving it using sp flash tool but I wrongly flashed what im not suppose to flash then it hard bricked.

I took it to an engineer then he helped me revive it.

after reviving I noticed there wasnt imei on my phone and knowing that I quickly collected someone tecno m3 and I used her mobile umcle tools to backup her imei and restore it on mine so it brought up imei and its working fine.

the problem now is that if I want to change the p5 imei using any mtk tools like gravity box, mobile uncle tools, mtk engineering mode. it wont change instead.
after inputting the new imei I want and I press send command my phone service signal will go off as if its in airplane mode then the mobile uncle will display (At command is failed to msent) please help me out.

read https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-116.html

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
samex4rill
samex4rill
samex4rill
Enthusiastic Member
06-04-2015, 08:22 PM
the imei replacement method using mtk driod tools aint working because imei/nvram is not clickable after connecting my phone

which makes nvram restoring too useless.

the engineering mode method is the one I made complain of in this post.

stock rom is the one I used in reviving the phone which left my imei unchangeable.

pls any other method?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-04-2015, 08:43 AM
(06-04-2015, 08:22 PM)samex4rill the imei replacement method using mtk driod tools aint working because imei/nvram is not clickable after connecting my phone

which makes nvram restoring too useless.

the engineering mode method is the one I made complain of in this post.

stock rom is the one I used in reviving the phone which left my imei unchangeable.

pls any other method?
The MP0B method

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
samex4rill
samex4rill
samex4rill
Enthusiastic Member
07-04-2015, 11:53 AM

since I already have imei on my phone the MPOB method seems useless
Keslar
Keslar
Keslar
07-04-2015, 03:22 PM
(07-04-2015, 11:53 AM)samex4rill since I already have imei on my phone the MPOB method seems useless
so you dont know it can also be used to change IMEI?

Sent from my itel it1452 using Hovatek mobile
samex4rill
samex4rill
samex4rill
Enthusiastic Member
08-04-2015, 06:59 AM
if you read my post up there well you will notice that I was able to replace my imei by backing up another phones imei with mobile uncle and restore it on my phone.
which means I can change it by continuous backing up other phones imei to mine.

thats not what I want. before bricking my phone I used to change my imei directly with mobile uncle.

so that MPOB method wont work
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-04-2015, 11:16 AM
(08-04-2015, 06:59 AM)samex4rill if you read my post up there well you will notice that I was able to replace my imei by backing up another phones imei with mobile uncle and restore it on my phone.

thats not what I want. before bricking my phone I used to change my imei directly with mobile uncle.

We listed several methods of fixing IMEI issues because we know that one method can work when another fails. If you're bent on using only Mobile uncle (which isnt working at the moment) then its entirely up to you

Note!
samex4rill
samex4rill
samex4rill
Enthusiastic Member
09-04-2015, 10:45 AM
(08-04-2015, 11:16 AM)hovatek
(08-04-2015, 06:59 AM)samex4rill if you read my post up there well you will notice that I was able to replace my imei by backing up another phones imei with mobile uncle and restore it on my phone.

We listed several methods of fixing IMEI issues because we know that one method can work when another fails. If you're bent on using only Mobile uncle (which isnt working at the moment) then its entirely up to you

tbx bro 4 ur assistance