Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android [Please help] Tecno w4 rooting problems
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Tecno w4 rooting problems

[Please help] Tecno w4 rooting problems

Adetoyese Mojolaoluwa
Adetoyese Mojolaoluwa
Adetoyese Mojolaoluwa
Enthusiastic Member
05-03-2018, 02:58 PM

Ok, so I tried to root my device with miracle box, cos of the build version. So as I uploaded the .bin file, it told me that error cannot write it. Pls I need assistance on this. And also dumping my device, is it the whole thing I'm gonna tick or some particular things cos I'm so confused. PS jst put me thru. I'll be grateful for quick response
xerxes
xerxes
xerxes
05-03-2018, 06:30 PM
(05-03-2018, 02:58 PM)Adetoyese Mojolaoluwa Ok, so I tried to root my device with miracle box, cos of the build version. So as I uploaded the .bin file, it told me that error cannot write it. Pls I need assistance on this. And also dumping my device, is it the whole thing I'm gonna tick or some particular things cos I'm so confused. PS jst put me thru. I'll be grateful for quick response

While backing up the phone's firmware tick all,  in case the phone get bricked you can rollback the action. 
Here's an alternative way to root your device @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21427.html the method doesn't require custom recovery/superSu flashing. 
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
05-03-2018, 07:30 PM
(05-03-2018, 02:58 PM)Adetoyese Mojolaoluwa Ok, so I tried to root my device with miracle box, cos of the build version. So as I uploaded the .bin file, it told me that error cannot write it. Pls I need assistance on this. And also dumping my device, is it the whole thing I'm gonna tick or some particular things cos I'm so confused. PS jst put me thru. I'll be grateful for quick response

in addition to that
while backing up, ensure to tick "save as scatter file"
and when flashing, you are to select the scatter file and not the bin files
Adetoyese Mojolaoluwa
Adetoyese Mojolaoluwa
Adetoyese Mojolaoluwa
Enthusiastic Member
05-03-2018, 10:19 PM
(05-03-2018, 07:30 PM)X3non

in addition to that
while backing up, ensure to tick "save as scatter file"
and when flashing, you are to select the scatter file and not the bin files

Thank you very much
Anand Sahu
Anand Sahu
Anand Sahu
07-03-2018, 04:12 AM

I flashed twrp recovery but it says recovery partition not found. what i do please suggest me please
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-03-2018, 12:23 PM
(07-03-2018, 04:12 AM)Anand Sahu I flashed twrp recovery but it says recovery partition not found. what i do please suggest me please

Please, create a new thread, this is someone else's support thread
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-514.html for how to create a thread

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.