Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows windows application error
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

windows application error

windows application error

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Usmand7
Usmand7
Usmand7
Enthusiastic Member
02-06-2017, 08:12 AM

(01-06-2017, 06:10 PM)innagee
(01-06-2017, 02:42 PM)Usmand7
(31-05-2017, 02:15 PM)innagee
(31-05-2017, 01:12 PM)Usmand7
(31-05-2017, 10:46 AM)hovatek I would advise you switch to a Windows 7 PC or run SP flash tool in compatibility mode
Alternatively, you could do a regedit modification at Regedit > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrenVersion > SideBy Side > X86_policy
Depending on the number in the error, locate the entry then replace the value data of Default with the highest value data on the list

I checked the regedit there is no value data, I resolved some now I face another challange regarding connectivity; the device now shows me my device is successfully installed but in the list of Universal Serial Bus Controller it shows unknown device I uninstalled it clicked on scan for hardware changes yet it still returns the same message what should I do? Thank you. The phone charges via the USB cord when connected

You'll need to install VCOM drivers, see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-440.html.
Also Pull out/in the battery before retrying.

in the list of drivers what am I expected to install is it only the Media Tek Preloader USB VCOM port or is there any thing I should install?

Just MTK Preloader

Thank you so much, I downloaded it and manually installed it on my computer but I am still having problem with connectivity, like I pointed out earlier could it be from the changed usb port on the phone that is making it not to be recognized, or my OS on the computer even though I tried it on windows 7, the story was pretty much the same
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
02-06-2017, 06:21 PM
(02-06-2017, 08:12 AM)Usmand7 Thank you so much, I downloaded it and manually installed it on my computer but I am still having problem with connectivity, like I pointed out earlier could it be from the changed usb port on the phone that is making it not to be recognized, or my OS on the computer even though I tried it on windows 7, the story was pretty much the same

Is the phone bricked? If yes, how did it get bricked?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Usmand7
Usmand7
Usmand7
Enthusiastic Member
03-06-2017, 05:50 AM
(02-06-2017, 06:21 PM)hovatek
(02-06-2017, 08:12 AM)Usmand7 Thank you so much, I downloaded it and manually installed it on my computer but I am still having problem with connectivity, like I pointed out earlier could it be from the changed usb port on the phone that is making it not to be recognized, or my OS on the computer even though I tried it on windows 7, the story was pretty much the same

Is the phone bricked? If yes, how did it get bricked?

Actually, no I did nothing to brick it, It all started when I switched it off and then when I came back I wanted to switch it on it hanged on the boot logo, I removed the battery replaced it and switched it on again still it did not come up so I entered the recovery mode and factory reset it still it failed to come up, I then did the cache wipe it failed too. it switches on but doesn't get to pass the tecno boot logo no matter how long the battery takes before it drains. I tried to flash it on windows 7 but it didn't connect to my computer. So I decided to install the system back to it's original OS vista still it didn't work out well. But someone suggested that I should have the USB port on my device checked it might be the problem
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
03-06-2017, 11:08 AM
(03-06-2017, 05:50 AM)Usmand7 Actually, no I did nothing to brick it, It all started when I switched it off and then when I came back I wanted to switch it on it hanged on the boot logo, I removed the battery replaced it and switched it on again still it did not come up so I entered the recovery mode and factory reset it still it failed to come up, I then did the cache wipe it failed too. it switches on but doesn't get to pass the tecno boot logo no matter how long the battery takes before it drains. I tried to flash it on windows 7 but it didn't connect to my computer. So I decided to install the system back to it's original OS vista still it didn't work out well. But someone suggested that I should have the USB port on my device checked it might be the problem

its either that or a driver issue.
I would advise you consider installing Windows 7 or getting a Windows 7 PC

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2