Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows [Tutorial] How to Fix "This Program Can Not be Run Under VMware"
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to Fix "This Program Can Not be Run Under VMware"

[Tutorial] How to Fix "This Program Can Not be Run Under VMware"

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-11-2020, 01:01 PM

(10-11-2020, 12:52 PM)dankar Hello,
I followed the instructions but this method doesn't work anymore, using win 10 x64 with vmware workstation pro 15.5.6

is there an update? can we figure out a solution?

if you do find something new that works, do let us know
dankar
dankar
dankar
Experienced Member
07-02-2021, 05:34 PM
I got an update from vmware forum for the issue, basically it does not depend on them (vmware software), any solution to run a program that doesn't run under a vm is to ask its developers to provide that solution or find out by oneself what data the program in question looks for to prevent it from running under a vm.
kronos
kronos
kronos
Techie Member
05-04-2021, 11:52 AM
I also tried this solution but i am still nagged by the error this cant be run under vmware.I got uart error on my host windows 10 when i tried to flash tablet ,i tried many solutions but they did not work so i decided to use vmware and load the usb drivers there on virtual win7.I know am battling to make miracle box to work in vmware.I also used research tool and still nothing still getting the uart error.I am lost cause i need to try miraclebox in vmware
kronos
kronos
kronos
Techie Member
05-04-2021, 11:55 AM
(07-02-2021, 05:34 PM)dankar I got an update from vmware forum for the issue, basically it does not depend on them (vmware software), any solution to run a program that doesn't run under a vm is to ask its developers to provide that solution or find out by oneself what data the program in question looks for to prevent it from running under a vm.
So is there no solution at all
dankar
dankar
dankar
Experienced Member
05-04-2021, 06:47 PM

as written, either some expert finds out a solution or the developer has to provide one, it's difficult to find what data the software looks for to "realize" it is being run on a virtual machine, if you feel like you can try changing registry keys and other indicators in the virtual machine OS or just set up a second "real" os on your pc in a second partition
dankar
dankar
dankar
Experienced Member
05-04-2021, 07:14 PM
maybe a solution could be to modify all the info that clearly state the os is a virtual machine, for example if you run msinfo32 (windows key + R), there you can see that many voices clearly state "vmware" (if your vm is vmware) such as BIOS Version, System name, manufacturer, model etc., maybe by modifying those voices through regedit it could work!
This post was last modified: 05-04-2021, 07:15 PM by dankar.
Pages (2): Previous 1 2