Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to use MTK Droid tools to backup Mediatek firmware
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to use MTK Droid tools to backup Mediatek firmware

[Tutorial] How to use MTK Droid tools to backup Mediatek firmware

Pages (12): 1 2 3 4 512 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-08-2014, 12:31 PM

Update: For newer Android versions (Lollipop and Above) and Mediatek Chipsets, MTK Droid tools won't work so use boxes like Miracle Box or tools like Wwr_MTK + SP flash tool to backup your firmware. These two methods do not require root.

This step-by-step guide will explain how to use MTK Droid tools to backup / dump the firmware of a Mediatek Android phone.  Its important to backup your firmware before making further modifications (after rooting) so you have a safety net to fall back to should your device get bricked.

Requirements

• A working MTK phone
  • Download PdaNet
  • Download MTK Droid tools
  • PC
  • USB Cord
  • Enough space. Ensure to have at least 4GB  free (some phones require over 10 GB free so get a 16 GB SD card just to be on a safe side ) on the SD card / phone Storage to avoid the insufficient storage space error)

If you encounter any error in MTK Droid Tools then see our list of MTK Droid tools errors for solutions

How to use MTK Droid tools to backup a Mediatek phone's firmware

The steps below will explain how to use MTK Droid tools to backup a Mediatek phone's firmware

See the video tutorial below or @ http://youtu.be/AJLgSD9zHb8

1. Enable USB debugging on the good MTK phone (Settings > Developer > Tick USB Debugging) then connect it to PC. If you don't find Developer under Settings then go to Settings > About > Keep taping Build Number
  2. Install PdaNet on the PC with the USB debugging enabled working MTK phone still connected (Select Other from the list of devices during installation)
  3. At the end of PdaNet installation, you should get a "drivers successfully installed" message
  4. Exit PdaNet in system tray (bottom right corner of PC)
  5. Launch MTK droid tools as Administrator (right-click > run as Administrator) still with the working MTK phone connected to PC
  6. MTK droid tools should detect and display the phones details by the left along with a yellow box at the bottom
  7. Click ROOT at the bottom of MTK and select Yes/OK if prompted on PC and Grant if prompted on phone
  8. A progress bar should load at the bottom shortly after which the yellow box should become green
  9. Click on the root,backup,recovery tab at the top
  10. Click Backup (MTK should keep writing some things by the right hand side during backup) and wait till backup is complete
  11. If you get a prompt to pack backup, select No.
  12. Once backup is complete, don't close MTK droid tools
  13. Go to the MTK droid tools folder > Backups > Folder named after the phone's model e.g Tecno_m3_backup.... and take note of this folder as the 'Backup folder' because we'll be referring to it soon
  14. Go back to MTK droid tools and click 'To prepare blocks for Flash Tool'
  15. A window will open, in this window, navigate to the Backup folder (mentioned above) and select the md5 file
  16. MTK will start copying some items (check the right hand side) so wait till copying is complete
  17. Once copying is complete, open the Backup folder and you should see a folder named "!Files to flash" 
  18. The !files to flash folder is a selection of files needed to use Sp Flash tool, keep it well
  19. Both the !files to flash folder and the x_backup folder (which contains the !files to flash folder) are your phone's MTK backup
  20. If you need an MTK Droid tools backup of usrdata and cache then use MTK Droid Tools version 2.3.0 or do a read back using Sp flash tool

[Image: 1.jpg]

Important Notice
  • MTK Droid tools does not backup userdata and cache. These two partitions are optional so its nothing to worry about
  • If your phone is still stuck at boot animation after flashing an MTK Droid tools backup then do a factory reset in recovery mode
  • MTK Droid tools works on Mediatek Android smartphones only
  • This method requires a rooted device so the rom backup will also be rooted
This post was last modified: 05-10-2019, 09:07 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
opta
opta
opta
31-08-2014, 02:43 PM
I have cwm backup, whch contain both userdata and cache. How can i flash it with sp flash tool bcus both files r in exe4 (compressed) format? Or i shld jus select d file like that? Put me through, please.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
31-08-2014, 04:35 PM
(31-08-2014, 02:43 PM)opta I have cwm backup, whch contain both userdata and cache. How can i flash it with sp flash tool bcus both files r in exe4 (compressed) format? Or i shld jus select d file like that? Put me through, please.

what exactly is wrong with your phone?

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
opta
opta
opta
03-09-2014, 07:34 AM
Dead. It can only vibrate. Thats all. But i have been told here to wait for my new m3 mtk backup. Thanks 4 ur concern.
manu.castle78
manu.castle78
manu.castle78
Techie Member
07-09-2014, 10:29 PM

On my tecno h5 when i try to root her in factory mode because my phone is bricked, i have error su inaccessible and (MCG permet d'obtenir la racine du téléphone ) , how can i do for fix it or i want cwm recovery /ctr recovery for tecno h5 that you success to créate , please i really need of it because i have a cwm backup and mtk backup that i have don't allow to see android interface
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
07-09-2014, 10:43 PM
(07-09-2014, 10:29 PM)manu.castle78 On my tecno h5 when i try to root her in factory mode because my phone is bricked, i have error su inaccessible and (MCG permet d'obtenir la racine du téléphone ) , how can i do for fix it or i want cwm recovery /ctr recovery for tecno h5 that you success to créate , please i really need of it because i have a cwm backup and mtk backup that i have don't allow to see android interface

you already created a thread about this. check it for our replies

Note!
mboy13
mboy13
mboy13
07-09-2014, 11:50 PM
link to droid tool nt found. pls check link
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
08-09-2014, 08:41 AM
(07-09-2014, 11:50 PM)mboy13 link to droid tool nt found. pls check link

works fine . click skip ad

Note!
dejumobi
dejumobi
dejumobi
Enthusiastic Member
09-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Please I have tried the step but still experiencing brom error: the error code. Is 4032. My phone is connected to the pc via mobistel usb port(com8) please what am I missing
Ollyman
Ollyman
Ollyman
22-10-2014, 10:10 PM

I did a backup of tecno D7 but the backup didn't contain a scatter file. please help
Pages (12): 1 2 3 4 512 Next