Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs Mp4 files Freezing on My SD Card
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Mp4 files Freezing on My SD Card

Mp4 files Freezing on My SD Card

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Kendu
Kendu
Kendu
27-07-2022, 06:58 PM

Hello there, I need your assistance with something urgent, I sent some mp4 files to to my 256GB SD card and after some days, some of them started freezing after a few minutes of watching them while some worked perfectly fine. I tried the "chkdsk" command on the SD Card and it found no errors.The videos play well on my phone's internal storage but not on my sd card. I sent the same set of files that freeze / get corrupted to my other SD card but they didn't freeze or have an issue playing. What can I do to repair the faulty SD card because I really need to free up space on my Phone. Thank you
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
29-07-2022, 06:50 PM
(27-07-2022, 06:58 PM)Kendu Hello there, I need your assistance with something urgent, I sent some mp4 files to to my 256GB SD card and after some days, some of them started freezing after a few minutes of watching them while some worked perfectly fine. I tried the "chkdsk" command on the SD Card and it found no errors.The videos play well on my phone's internal storage but not on my sd card. I sent the same set of files that freeze / get corrupted to my other SD card but they didn't freeze or have an issue playing. What can I do to repair the faulty SD card because I really need to free up space on my Phone. Thank you

Copy your files to your laptop then format the SD Card and re-copy your files
Kendu
Kendu
Kendu
30-07-2022, 01:31 AM
(29-07-2022, 06:50 PM)maxpayne
(27-07-2022, 06:58 PM)Kendu Hello there, I need your assistance with something urgent, I sent some mp4 files to to my 256GB SD card and after some days, some of them started freezing after a few minutes of watching them while some worked perfectly fine. I tried the "chkdsk" command on the SD Card and it found no errors.The videos play well on my phone's internal storage but not on my sd card. I sent the same set of files that freeze / get corrupted to my other SD card but they didn't freeze or have an issue playing. What can I do to repair the faulty SD card because I really need to free up space on my Phone. Thank you

Alright sir, I've done that just now and so far, there's no sign of freezing from the video files. I'll wait for a day or two and let you know if anything happens. Thank you.
Kendu
Kendu
Kendu
30-07-2022, 01:35 AM

Okay sir, I've done that just now and so far, there's no sign of freezing from any of the video files. I'll wait a few days to see if hopefully nothing happens. Thank you
Kendu
Kendu
Kendu
30-07-2022, 01:53 AM

Good day sir, I just want to update you that some of the files have started "freezing" again. ☹️
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
01-08-2022, 10:59 AM
(30-07-2022, 01:53 AM)Kendu Good day sir, I just want to update you that some of the files have started "freezing" again. ☹️

Try your SD card on another phone and a smaller sized SD card on your phone. Observe both for a while
Kendu
Kendu
Kendu
05-08-2022, 01:51 AM
(01-08-2022, 10:59 AM)maxpayne
(30-07-2022, 01:53 AM)Kendu Good day sir, I just want to update you that some of the files have started "freezing" again. ☹️

Try your SD card on another phone and a smaller sized SD card on your phone. Observe both for a while

Sir, I notice that when a number files of about 3 GB in size have been copied to the SD Card, that's when it starts showing freezing signs on newly moved mp4 files
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
08-08-2022, 09:04 AM
(05-08-2022, 01:51 AM)Kendu Sir, I notice that when a number files of about 3 GB in size have been copied to the SD Card, that's when it starts showing freezing signs on newly moved mp4 files

Probably fake or damaged. Conduct the above test and observe
Kendu
Kendu
Kendu
23-08-2022, 02:58 PM
(08-08-2022, 09:04 AM)maxpayne
(05-08-2022, 01:51 AM)Kendu Sir, I notice that when a number files of about 3 GB in size have been copied to the SD Card, that's when it starts showing freezing signs on newly moved mp4 files

Probably fake or damaged. Conduct the above test and observe
Good day, I forgot to give you an update on the SD card, it's still the same result but I wasn't able to try a smaller SD Card on my phone. However, I noticed that the type of file system changed from FAT32 to exFAT after formatting it and the SD card shows different storage capacities on my PC (it shows 250GB), Android phone (269 GB) & when I use the chkdsk command (256 GB) . 
Pls, is there any test that I can run to know if the SD card is fake? Thank You
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
24-08-2022, 10:03 AM

(23-08-2022, 02:58 PM)Kendu Good day, I forgot to give you an update on the SD card, it's still the same result but I wasn't able to try a smaller SD Card on my phone. However, I noticed that the type of file system changed from FAT32 to exFAT after formatting it and the SD card shows different storage capacities on my PC (it shows 250GB), Android phone (269 GB) & when I use the chkdsk command (256 GB) . 
Pls, is there any test that I can run to know if the SD card is fake? Thank You

Try H2testw
Pages (2): 1 2 Next