Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs [Please help] Toshiba Satellite getting extremely hot
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] Toshiba Satellite getting extremely hot

[Please help] Toshiba Satellite getting extremely hot

Raniyah
Raniyah
Raniyah
Enthusiastic Member
11-11-2020, 11:01 AM

I'm using a Toshiba Satellite laptop and it's about six years old but works fine. There's no other problem with my laptop. But, the left side of the laptop gets extremely hot when I'm using it. Usually, I use the laptop for more than 6 hours a day. Is this happening because of the age of the laptop or due to another technical problem?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
11-11-2020, 08:03 PM
(11-11-2020, 11:01 AM)Raniyah I'm using a Toshiba Satellite laptop and it's about six years old but works fine. There's no other problem with my laptop. But, the left side of the laptop gets extremely hot when I'm using it. Usually, I use the laptop for more than 6 hours a day. Is this happening because of the age of the laptop or due to another technical problem?

could be that too much dust and dirt has clogged the heat sink and fan or the fan isn't working properly or not enough ventilation
Raniyah
Raniyah
Raniyah
Enthusiastic Member
12-11-2020, 09:37 AM
Thank you for making me aware. In fact, I haven't even thought about it. Btw, can I clean it myself or do I need to take it to the repair center? Would hairdryer, air compressor too harsh for this purpose?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
12-11-2020, 01:02 PM
(12-11-2020, 09:37 AM)Raniyah Thank you for making me aware. In fact, I haven't even thought about it. Btw, can I clean it myself or do I need to take it to the repair center? Would hairdryer, air compressor too harsh for this purpose?

you will need to disassemble the computer to clean it
if you can do this yourself then fine, if not then best you take it to someone with experience. it might even require replacing the cpu's thermal paste too