Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to check if Android has a valid Baseband & IMEI (not null)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Tutorial] How to check if Android has a valid Baseband & IMEI (not null)

[Tutorial] How to check if Android has a valid Baseband & IMEI (not null)

X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-11-2017, 05:17 PM

If you are having network issues on your android device and you're certain it isn't hardware related, then the first thing to do would be to check if the IMEI and baseband on your android device are still valid. The tutorial below shows how to check this infomation.

Steps on how to check if an Android phone has a valid baseband and IMEI

Checking IMEI
  • Simply dial *#06#
  • You can verify the IMEI with the IMEI beneath the battery of your phone or the sticker on the carton of your phone 

Checking Baseband
  • On your phone, navigate to Settings > About phone > Baseband
  • If the baseband is UNKNOWN, then the baseband isn't valid and would require fixing.
  • If you have an MTK device and dont find baseband under Settings, then download "Tool Hero" @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...lite&hl=en
  • Launch the app
  • Click on "device information"
  • Scroll down the list till you get to the section labelled as "OS"
  • You should find "Radio" on the list. The info from Radio is the same as baseband

[Image: How-to-check-if-phone-has-a-valid-baseband-and-IMEI.png]

How to fix Invalid Baseband and IMEI

Important Notice
  • Tool Hero apk is known to work only on mediatek devices
This post was last modified: 04-10-2019, 10:53 PM by X3non.
HowleR
HowleR
HowleR
12-10-2020, 11:55 AM
Hello Hovatek,
Due to some problems, I just changed the board (chip) of my mtk device (Gionee P5W).
Then, I noticed that that there was no network/ no service (SIM) in my device but SIM card was detected.
Then, I checked my IMEI an BASEBAND were not invalid but were different from before.
I also changed them to the original one but no use.

What should I do?
I don't think it is hardware error because Sim card is detected but there is always no service message and there isn't network, so I can't make any calls or use data.
What could be the problem?

[Image: DWjXdTG.png]
[Image: jocryak.png]
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-10-2020, 10:06 AM
(12-10-2020, 11:55 AM)HowleR ...

stick to your thread @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-36861.html
scanner2
scanner2
scanner2
14-07-2022, 02:24 PM
Hello. How to fix the baseband if it's unknow ?
I have a redmi note 11 4g and I've downloaded the ENG rom to change Imei with Modem meta. https://romadd.com/redmi-note-11-4g-sele...-firmware/

But people tell me I need to fix baseband. But I don't find any information about how to do.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
15-07-2022, 02:15 PM

(14-07-2022, 02:24 PM)scanner2 Hello. How to fix the baseband if it's unknow ?
I have a redmi note 11 4g and I've downloaded the ENG rom to change Imei with Modem meta.

But people tell me I need to fix baseband. But I don't find any information about how to do.

Click Ask Question at the top and post this

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
Mazhar Fakhar
Mazhar Fakhar
Mazhar Fakhar
16-09-2022, 08:13 PM
Brother please provide me ENG rom for realme 7 rmx2151, i want to fix my imei with modem meta
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
19-09-2022, 06:11 AM
(16-09-2022, 08:13 PM)Mazhar Fakhar Brother please provide me ENG rom for realme 7 rmx2151, i want to fix my imei with modem meta

Create a thread by clicking Ask Question at the top

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.