Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Change BootLogo of Teclast P80x error
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Change BootLogo of Teclast P80x error

Change BootLogo of Teclast P80x error

Nubrox99
Nubrox99
Nubrox99
Enthusiastic Member
30-08-2020, 06:06 PM

Hi, i followed this instructions step by step, but when I get to flashing it gives me an error: "BOOTLOGO failed: incompatible partition". I created a new logo by importing the old one on photoshop, making changes and then exporting it in bmp with
file format: windows
depth: 8bit
I replaced it in the folder and flashing everything with the research tool. if I am wrong something I hope someone can report it to me or help me in any way. Thank you for listening.

update:
Then I tried to deselect the 3 backup files of the research tool as recommended by someone on the net, but I received error "NV_LTE failed: incompatible partition" I tried both flashing only fdl1, fdl2, bootlogo and fastboot_logo or flashing everything, but no solution
This post was last modified: 30-08-2020, 06:26 PM by Nubrox99.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
31-08-2020, 03:16 PM
(30-08-2020, 06:06 PM)Nubrox99 ...

have you tried flashing this new logo file using a different method? e.g fastboot or adb dd (if you have root)
for fastboot, the partitions should be logo and fbootlogo
e.g
fastboot flash logo logo.bmp
fastboot flash fbootlogo logo.bmp
Nubrox99
Nubrox99
Nubrox99
Enthusiastic Member
01-09-2020, 09:29 AM
(31-08-2020, 03:16 PM)X3non
(30-08-2020, 06:06 PM)Nubrox99 ...

have you tried flashing this new logo file using a different method? e.g fastboot or adb dd (if you have root)
for fastboot, the partitions should be logo and fbootlogo
e.g
fastboot flash logo logo.bmp
fastboot flash fbootlogo logo.bmp

Hi, thank you for your answer, I have not tried as I have read that compared to rooting and other system changes that of the bootlogo change was a procedure that easily led to a brick situation, so doing everything with the research tool I was sure that I had some kind of protection.
2 questions:
1. if I had some problem even from a brick situation with the research tool, can everything be restored?
2. the name of the .bmp file must be the same as the one extracted from the firmware with the research tool?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-09-2020, 09:52 AM
(01-09-2020, 09:29 AM)Nubrox99 Hi, thank you for your answer, I have not tried as I have read that compared to rooting and other system changes that of the bootlogo change was a procedure that easily led to a brick situation, so doing everything with the research tool I was sure that I had some kind of protection.

not sure where you read this but this isn't true, the partition for bootlogo isn't even verified by vbmeta
flashing a wrong image successfully will only lead to no bootlogo (black screen in place of the original logo) during boot but device will still boot properly

(01-09-2020, 09:29 AM)Nubrox99 ...
1. if I had some problem even from a brick situation with the research tool, can everything be restored?

so long as you have the stock firmwarethen you can always flash back to stock, which you can download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-20913.html

(01-09-2020, 09:29 AM)Nubrox99 2. the name of the .bmp file must be the same as the one extracted from the firmware with the research tool?

if you intend to replace the original file then yes, but research tool has the feature where you can select a different file path (in this case, the file could have a different name)
Nubrox99
Nubrox99
Nubrox99
Enthusiastic Member
03-09-2020, 08:20 PM

(02-09-2020, 09:52 AM)X3non
(01-09-2020, 09:29 AM)Nubrox99 Hi, thank you for your answer, I have not tried as I have read that compared to rooting and other system changes that of the bootlogo change was a procedure that easily led to a brick situation, so doing everything with the research tool I was sure that I had some kind of protection.

not sure where you read this but this isn't true, the partition for bootlogo isn't even verified by vbmeta
flashing a wrong image successfully will only lead to no bootlogo (black screen in place of the original logo) during boot but device will still boot properly

(01-09-2020, 09:29 AM)Nubrox99 ...

so long as you have the stock firmwarethen you can always flash back to stock, which you can download @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-20913.html

(01-09-2020, 09:29 AM)Nubrox99 2. the name of the .bmp file must be the same as the one extracted from the firmware with the research tool?

if you intend to replace the original file then yes, but research tool has the feature where you can select a different file path (in this case, the file could have a different name)

Thank you very much for everything, I solved the problem by flashing from the terminal, I confirm that it works for anyone who reads, of course I remember as written in the guide mentioned in the first post, that the size must be less than or equal to the original file. Thank you @X3non