Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android I tried to root my device Walton primo R6 MAX with the trick but failed
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

I tried to root my device Walton primo R6 MAX with the trick but failed

I tried to root my device Walton primo R6 MAX with the trick but failed

shezan
shezan
shezan
08-07-2020, 06:22 PM

I'm using a device name: walton primo R6 MAX
Chipset: Unisoc SC9863A
Android: 9.0
Ram/Rom: 3/32
I tried to root my device so I signed my vbmeta with the help of  a post from hovatek and I was successful. Then I ported my recovery.img from TWRP auto porter that support android 9 then I signed the ported recovery and flashed to my device via fastboot and spd research tool. Flashing with fastboot can't be open on recovery unless I'm on homescreen but as the post they say first to go on the recovery mode. And if I flash with spd research tool then I can Go simply recovery mode but It stuck on boot logo and do nothing else.   
And then I flash recovery that is patched with magisk. I did the two method like before and I got just a bit different  result than before. In the recovery mode I can just see "modem-int" written in a pinky red screen. 

So if you can help me root my device I'll be very thankful to you.
shamimurrahman19
shamimurrahman19
shamimurrahman19
Enthusiastic Member
08-07-2020, 08:00 PM
(08-07-2020, 06:22 PM)shezan I'm using a device name: walton primo R6 MAX
I tried to root my device so I signed my vbmeta with the help of  a post from hovatek and I was successful. Then I ported my recovery.img from TWRP auto porter that support android 9 then I signed the ported recovery and flashed to my device via fastboot and spd research tool. Flashing with fastboot can't be open on recovery unless I'm on homescreen but as the post they say first to go on the recovery mode. And if I flash with spd research tool then I can Go simply recovery mode but It stuck on boot logo and do nothing else.   
And then I flash recovery that is patched with magisk. I did the two method like before and I got just a bit different  result than before. In the recovery mode I can just see "modem-int" written in a pinky red screen. 

You are supposed to patch your boot.img with Magisk.
shezan
shezan
shezan
08-07-2020, 08:03 PM
But then I'm unable to flash the file... Even after I signed the custom boot image I can't flash the file... It just stuck on writing...
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
09-07-2020, 11:24 AM
(08-07-2020, 06:22 PM)shezan I'm using a device name: walton primo R6 MAX

when creating your custom vbmeta, you're to replace the keys for both boot and recovery since you already know that you will tamper with both partitions. if not then you'll get stuck in fastboot writing
for root, try patching boot.img using magisk canary @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGLWoJ-POlA and signing using your key
if that doesn't give root then patch and sign recovery.img