Home Forum Blog Private Support Courses
Our courses are now on YouTube! Start Watching
Hovatek Forum OPERATING SYSTEMS Android Read stock firmware from Unisoc SC9863A Chip Miracle Box Thunder v2.82

Read stock firmware from Unisoc SC9863A Chip Miracle Box Thunder v2.82

Read stock firmware from Unisoc SC9863A Chip Miracle Box Thunder v2.82

JohnnySac9
JohnnySac9
JohnnySac9
Newbie
4
10-12-2019, 05:49 PM
#1



Hi,
I have a new Blu Vivo X5 (also known as Blu G6) that I want to read the stock firmware from to save it in case I mess up the phone.  This phone was released around 4 months ago and the stock firmware is nowhere to be found.  Also, there is no information of anyone customizing this phone yet (root, custom rom) so I am having a hard time.  The phone has a Unisoc SC9863A Chip and I have tried following the tutorial on this website using Miracle Box Thunder v2.82 to dump the stock firmware using the SPD tab to read it.  I have installed all the correct drivers but unfortunately, I don't see the SC9863A chip in the drop-down list.  I tried using auto and tried a few other chips but I keep getting the error ">>BootLoad Error. ID: 1"   When I plug in the phone holding the volume up and down I hear the usb sound connect in windows and I see "SPRD U2S Diag (COM3)" in device manager so I think the driver is installed ok.  
  
Can anyone please help?  I have been searching for days worth of hours just to find a way to dump the stock firmware so I can restore the phone in case I mess up the firmware trying to get TRWP and lineage os to work on it.  Below is the full error from Miracle thunder.  Thank you so much!

Code:

Definition Applied   1. Power Off Phone , Remove Battery, Insert Battery Back   2. Please Hold BootKey(UP and DOWN),Insert USB cable   3. Use Miracle Boot Key In cases Boot key not Find   4. Battery Should be Charged more then 50%   Scanning USB Serial port...   SU2Serial Port: COM3   Connecting to Phone,Wait..   Done.   Infor: SPRD3   Initialize boot0... >>BootLoad Error. ID: 1
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
Senior Member
2,949
10-12-2019, 10:59 PM
#2
(10-12-2019, 05:49 PM)JohnnySac9 Hi,
I have a new Blu Vivo X5 (also known as Blu G6) that I want to read the stock firmware from to save it in case I mess up the phone.  This phone was released around 4 months ago and the stock firmware is nowhere to be found.  Also, there is no information of anyone customizing this phone yet (root, custom rom) so I am having a hard time.  The phone has a Unisoc SC9863A Chip and I have tried following the tutorial on this website using Miracle Box Thunder v2.82 to dump the stock firmware using the SPD tab to read it.  I have installed all the correct drivers but unfortunately, I don't see the SC9863A chip in the drop-down list.  I tried using auto and tried a few other chips but I keep getting the error ">>BootLoad Error. ID: 1"   When I plug in the phone holding the volume up and down I hear the usb sound connect in windows and I see "SPRD U2S Diag (COM3)" in device manager so I think the driver is installed ok.  
  
Can anyone please help?  I have been searching for days worth of hours just to find a way to dump the stock firmware so I can restore the phone in case I mess up the firmware trying to get TRWP and lineage os to work on it.  Below is the full error from Miracle thunder.  Thank you so much!

Code:

Definition Applied   1. Power Off Phone , Remove Battery, Insert Battery Back   2. Please Hold BootKey(UP and DOWN),Insert USB cable   3. Use Miracle Boot Key In cases Boot key not Find   4. Battery Should be Charged more then 50%   Scanning USB Serial port...   SU2Serial Port: COM3   Connecting to Phone,Wait..   Done.   Infor: SPRD3   Initialize boot0... >>BootLoad Error. ID: 1


sc9863 is not supported on this version of miracle thunder, to read firmware from this device you'll need to use a hardware box / dongle e.g miracle thunder, cm2, e.t.c with latest software with support for sc9863
note that you can make pac firmware using cm2 dongle, so you might want to look for someone who has cm2 dongle
JohnnySac9
JohnnySac9
JohnnySac9
Newbie
4
10-12-2019, 11:36 PM
#3
(10-12-2019, 10:59 PM)freshtyt sc9863 is not supported on this version of miracle thunder, to read firmware from this device you'll need to use a hardware box / dongle e.g miracle thunder, cm2, e.t.c with latest software with support for sc9863
note that you can make pac firmware using cm2 dongle, so you might want to look for someone who has cm2 dongle
  • Also, say I do read the firmware off this phone and have access to this miracle thunder program, will I be able to root the phone, flash custom rom, and use TWRP?
  • This might be off base but I have an SOIC 8 clip and ch341a flash programmer. Do these phones have an 8 pin flash chip like a bios in a computer that I can clip on to and through SPI and the ch341a usb programmer read off the firmware into a .bin file?  Is that possible and of any possible use?
  • This is my first foray into Android and I think I bought the wrong phone because I really just want to be able to "hack" an android phone for fun and learning and it seems like being able to use TWRP is crucial and I would really like to use lineage OS also.  Can you recommend an inexpensive android phone that I can buy to do these things with software that is freely available now and with a lot of community support?
Thank you very much for your time I really appreciate the help!
This post was last modified: 10-12-2019, 11:50 PM by JohnnySac9.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
Senior Member
2,949
11-12-2019, 01:04 PM
#4
(10-12-2019, 11:36 PM)JohnnySac9
  • Also, say I do read the firmware off this phone and have access to this miracle thunder program, will I be able to root the phone, flash custom rom, and use TWRP?
  • This might be off base but I have an SOIC 8 clip and ch341a flash programmer. Do these phones have an 8 pin flash chip like a bios in a computer that I can clip on to and through SPI and the ch341a usb programmer read off the firmware into a .bin file?  Is that possible and of any possible use?
  • This is my first foray into Android and I think I bought the wrong phone because I really just want to be able to "hack" an android phone for fun and learning and it seems like being able to use TWRP is crucial and I would really like to use lineage OS also.  Can you recommend an inexpensive android phone that I can buy to do these things with software that is freely available now and with a lot of community support?
Thank you very much for your time I really appreciate the help!

1. that's exactly what the dongle does, to give you access to use the different modules. in your case you need cm2spd module to backup firmware then convert to pac. see the picture @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21773.html for what the dongle would normally look like. the amazon link is cm2 dongle alright

2. having firmware usually never guarantees that a device can be rooted let alone get a working twrp, but in order to attempt rooting, one must have firmware. for this your particular device specs, i won't advice purchasing the dongle just to read firmware cause spreadtrum devices these days come with a lot of security features put in place to prevent software modification

3. not sure what the emmc chip would look like for this phone and you'll need good hardware specialist to help you check the emmc

4. unfortunately no, you will need to do some deep searching unless someone out there knows of any
Brostos
Brostos
Brostos
Junior Member
17
22-09-2024, 02:37 AM
#5

Mediatek Course Mediatek Course


did you find a solution for SC9863A???
This post was last modified: 22-09-2024, 02:38 AM by Brostos.
justshez
justshez
justshez
Senior Member
2,505
23-09-2024, 03:42 PM
#6
(22-09-2024, 02:37 AM)Brostos did you find a solution for SC9863A???

Please, create a new thread for this
Users browsing this thread:
 1 Guest(s)
Users browsing this thread:
 1 Guest(s)
WhTlYt