Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] I badly need to replace an infected system file
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Please help] I badly need to replace an infected system file

[Please help] I badly need to replace an infected system file

Alpamayo
Alpamayo
Alpamayo
Techie Member
23-05-2022, 02:28 PM

Hi,
I own a UNIWA A19S phone (it comes with Android 6). This chinese phone comes from the factory with a trojan installed in the system partition. The file is systemUI.apk (version 6.0-1602570800 code 23, about 5 MB in size) and is located under /priv-app/SystemUI.apk.

I sent the file for inspection to the ESET Malware Response Team and they confirmed it is a vicious trojan.

Since I have rooted the phone I can easily remove the file but then I will lose some functions.

I searched the net for a replacement and found one not exactly the same but compatible with Android 6. The problem is: it's not recognised by the system, and therefore it's like not having it.

Is there a procedure I should follow to successfully replace the infected file with the new one? Or if some of you had the EXACT same version as mine and would like to share it?

As it is now the phone is totally unusable.

Thank you

Mike
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
26-05-2022, 09:36 AM
(23-05-2022, 02:28 PM)Alpamayo Hi,
I own a UNIWA A19S phone (it comes with Android 6). This chinese phone comes from the factory with a trojan installed in the system partition. The file is systemUI.apk (version 6.0-1602570800 code 23, about 5 MB in size) and is located under /priv-app/SystemUI.apk.

I sent the file for inspection to the ESET Malware Response Team and they confirmed it is a vicious trojan.

Since I have rooted the phone I can easily remove the file but then I will lose some functions.

I searched the net for a replacement and found one not exactly the same but compatible with Android 6. The problem is: it's not recognised by the system, and therefore it's like not having it.

Is there a procedure I should follow to successfully replace the infected file with the new one? Or if some of you had the EXACT same version as mine and would like to share it?

As it is now the phone is totally unusable.

Thank you

Mike

I don't know the chipset but check models from other chinese brands, same chipset and android version..they usually copy each other
Alpamayo
Alpamayo
Alpamayo
Techie Member
26-05-2022, 09:48 AM
The system is Android 6 and the chipset is mt6737t. If you have some recommendations about a device, you're welcome. Thank you
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
31-05-2022, 04:46 PM
(26-05-2022, 09:48 AM)Alpamayo The system is Android 6 and the chipset is mt6737t. If you have some recommendations about a device, you're welcome. Thank you

https://spec411.com/find-1076
Look for one that has similar specs
This post was last modified: 31-05-2022, 04:46 PM by maxpayne.
Alpamayo
Alpamayo
Alpamayo
Techie Member
31-05-2022, 08:09 PM

(31-05-2022, 04:46 PM)maxpayne
(26-05-2022, 09:48 AM)Alpamayo The system is Android 6 and the chipset is mt6737t. If you have some recommendations about a device, you're welcome. Thank you

https://spec411.com/find-1076
Look for one that has similar specs

Thank you. I've tried some but they didn't work. I guess I need the very same version.