Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android quall comm partition address's
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

quall comm partition address's

quall comm partition address's

wesside89048
wesside89048
wesside89048
08-01-2022, 06:55 AM

hello&greetings from las vegas..i was wondering if im correct on the following..and if there is anything else i need to know??
   with the mtk devices,getting the scatter for partition address is straight forward..now im learning the quall comm.so first is the firehose file..and iam wondering if there is a firehose file for every phone?no,so its  based on what chip it is,right??so how does one find out which firehose file...is for which chip....???that is my first question..how does one find out the correct firehose for ones phone??like i need one for a stylo5....second..ive been goin over your create rawprogram xml...and im assuming that w the primary GPT file of ones individual firmware.one would be able to get all the part.addresses for ones phone this way??..and so my second question would be,are or how the any other ways to get all the partition address for  a quall comm based phone???t.y.v.m.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
10-01-2022, 10:31 AM
(08-01-2022, 06:55 AM)wesside89048 hello&greetings from las vegas..i was wondering if im correct on the following..and if there is anything else i need to know??
   with the mtk devices,getting the scatter for partition address is straight forward..now im learning the quall comm.so first is the firehose file..and iam wondering if there is a firehose file for every phone?no,so its  based on what chip it is,right??so how does one find out which firehose file...is for which chip....???that is my first question..how does one find out the correct firehose for ones phone??like i need one for a stylo5....second..ive been goin over your create rawprogram xml...and im assuming that w the primary GPT file of ones individual firmware.one would be able to get all the part.addresses for ones phone this way??..and so my second question would be,are or how the any other ways to get all the partition address for  a quall comm based phone???t.y.v.m.

(08-01-2022, 06:55 AM)wesside89048 iam wondering if there is a firehose file for every phone?no,so its  based on what chip it is,right??so how does one find out which firehose file...is for which chip

On older Qualcomm models, generic firehose might have worked but on recent models, you need each device's firehose. You should find it in the firmware though some brands don't release their firehose officially

(08-01-2022, 06:55 AM)wesside89048 and so my second question would be,are or how the any other ways to get all the partition address for  a quall comm based phone???t.y.v.m.

It still boils down to obtaining or reading the gpt

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
wesside89048
wesside89048
wesside89048
11-01-2022, 10:21 AM
(10-01-2022, 10:31 AM)hovatek
(08-01-2022, 06:55 AM)wesside89048 hello&greetings from las vegas..i was wondering if im correct on the following..and if there is anything else i need to know??

(08-01-2022, 06:55 AM)wesside89048 iam wondering if there is a firehose file for every phone?no,so its  based on what chip it is,right??so how does one find out which firehose file...is for which chip

On older Qualcomm models, generic firehose might have worked but on recent models, you need each device's firehose. You should find it in the firmware though some brands don't release their firehose officially

(08-01-2022, 06:55 AM)wesside89048 and so my second question would be,are or how the any other ways to get all the partition address for  a quall comm based phone???t.y.v.m.

It still boils down to obtaining or reading the gpt
ok..that helps some,i understand..so quick couple more ??..is there some standard that the firehose file goes by??and by that i mean,how do you find out which firehose file is correct for your particular phone???its not listed in the phone specs,so im wondering how i can found out the correct firehose file......t.y.v.m. for your time
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Contributor
12-01-2022, 10:39 AM
(11-01-2022, 10:21 AM)wesside89048 ok..that helps some,i understand..so quick couple more ??..is there some standard that the firehose file goes by??and by that i mean,how do you find out which firehose file is correct for your particular phone???its not listed in the phone specs,so im wondering how i can found out the correct firehose file......t.y.v.m. for your time

You could use HXD to read some info though I can't say if its enough info to determine if it will work for your device