Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Tecno F3 Pop 1 Pro firmware problem previous and current
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Tecno F3 Pop 1 Pro firmware problem previous and current

[Please help] Tecno F3 Pop 1 Pro firmware problem previous and current

salam2you
salam2you
salam2you
Enthusiastic Member
27-09-2021, 10:25 AM

I can find Tecno F3 Pop 1 Pro stock rom in Hovatek. But it's not matching with my phone current build, Can I use old build boot.img file for rooting new build phone?

My current build: F3Pro-H8022ACDE-N-13M-191113V124

I have tried to backup boot.img using Miracle Box, But I don't have the hardware box or dongle. When I'm trying to connect phone miracle box showing " None usbport, Maybe driver not installed" like this.. I have done digital signed disabled, MTK vcom driver install and ADB driver install. But I'm failed.

Can anyone help in this problem?

Thanks
Abdur Rahman
This post was last modified: 27-09-2021, 11:51 AM by salam2you.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
28-09-2021, 09:58 AM
(27-09-2021, 10:25 AM)salam2you I can find Tecno F3 Pop 1 Pro stock rom in Hovatek. But it's not matching with my phone current build, Can I use old build boot.img file for rooting new build phone?

I have tried to backup boot.img using Miracle Box, But I don't have the hardware box or dongle. When I'm trying to connect phone miracle box showing " None usbport, Maybe driver not installed" like this.. I have done digital signed disabled, MTK vcom driver install and ADB driver install. But I'm failed.

Thanks
Abdur Rahman

No, don't use boot.img from a different build
you should backup firmware from your device then use boot.img from your backup to root your device
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html
salam2you
salam2you
salam2you
Enthusiastic Member
29-09-2021, 05:15 PM
(28-09-2021, 09:58 AM)X3non
(27-09-2021, 10:25 AM)salam2you I can find Tecno F3 Pop 1 Pro stock rom in Hovatek. But it's not matching with my phone current build, Can I use old build boot.img file for rooting new build phone?

Thanks
Abdur Rahman

No, don't use boot.img from a different build
you should backup firmware from your device then use boot.img from your backup to root your device
see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-21970.html

Thanks Sir for replying me.

I have understood what you have recommended. But One more question, If When I will click on the "Read Back" button on SP Flash tools, then it look like the phone is flashing. Is this method will erase all data of my connected phone?

I think you are understanding what I'm trying to say.

Thanks
Abdur Rahman
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
30-09-2021, 11:17 AM
(29-09-2021, 05:15 PM)salam2you ...But One more question, If When I will click on the "Read Back" button on SP Flash tools, then it look like the phone is flashing. Is this method will erase all data of my connected phone?

Thanks
Abdur Rahman

readback doesn't erase data on the phone, you need to be sure that you're doing a readback and not format or download
This post was last modified: 30-09-2021, 11:17 AM by X3non.
salam2you
salam2you
salam2you
Enthusiastic Member
02-10-2021, 10:15 PM

(30-09-2021, 11:17 AM)X3non
(29-09-2021, 05:15 PM)salam2you ...But One more question, If When I will click on the "Read Back" button on SP Flash tools, then it look like the phone is flashing. Is this method will erase all data of my connected phone?

Thanks
Abdur Rahman

readback doesn't erase data on the phone, you need to be sure that you're doing a readback and not format or download

Thanks,

Finally I have backup my rom using wwr and sp flash tool. Now I have few questions, Please answer me all of them.

1. Can I root my phone without unlocking bootloader? (Unlocking bootloader will erase all data, that's is not good for me)

2. I have backup my full stock rom. I got a userdata.img file and it's almost 11GB in size. Is it keep my apps and data? I mean if I will flash this room my all apps and accounts will be available after flash?

3. I want to root my phone. My bootloader is unlocked. I want to root without lossing my files. Backup isn't enough for that. Is it possible to root without easre anything of the phone?

Please try to understand my question and reply to me.

Thank You
Abdur Rahman
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
Abdulakeem14
03-10-2021, 10:09 PM
(02-10-2021, 10:15 PM)salam2you
(30-09-2021, 11:17 AM)X3non

Thanks
Abdur Rahman

Thanks,

Finally I have backup my rom using wwr and sp flash tool. Now I have few questions, Please answer me all of them.

1. Can I root my phone without unlocking bootloader? (Unlocking bootloader will erase all data, that's is not good for me)

2. I have backup my full stock rom. I got a userdata.img file and it's almost 11GB in size. Is it keep my apps and data? I mean if I will flash this room my all apps and accounts will be available after flash?

3. I want to root my phone. My bootloader is unlocked. I want to root without lossing my files. Backup isn't enough for that. Is it possible to root without easre anything of the phone?

Please try to understand my question and reply to me.

Thank You
Abdur Rahman
1.It is necessary to unlock your device bootloader if you want to gain root access

2. If you flash back your back up ROM including the user data, then you will have all your apps and data back. But sometimes flashing back user data
of a back up rom causes bootloops in that case just factory data reset in recovery and it should be fine.

3. If your bootloader is already unlocked then you won't lose your files when you root your device
This post was last modified: 03-10-2021, 10:13 PM by Abdulakeem14.