Hovatek Forum DEVELOPMENT Android Ported TWRP Errors.
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Ported TWRP Errors.

Ported TWRP Errors.

longjohn
longjohn
longjohn
Enthusiastic Member
12-03-2020, 09:41 PM

Tested ported 4pda.ru TWRP 331 for Blackview BV6100.

TWRP boots and seems to have correct resolution all the usual options.
All partitions can be mounted/selected for Nandroid backup.

However any attempt to restore a backup results in invalid argument for /system, and results in being unable to boot system (only TWRP recovery), requiring a reflash. In addition, attempting installing .zips to /systems results in an error about corrupted .zip file. However, installing a zip to /boot such as 'orange_state_disabler_MTK Only' works fine.

Data partition was decrypted according to this post: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-29013.html prior to flashing TWRP.

Would appreciate some advice on a possible fix, please.
Attached Files
.txt
recovery.fstab.txt
Size: 3.67 KB / Downloads: 3
.txt
recovery.log.txt
Size: 32.7 KB / Downloads: 0
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
13-03-2020, 10:08 AM
(12-03-2020, 09:41 PM)longjohn Tested ported 4pda.ru TWRP 331 for Blackview BV6100.

TWRP boots and seems to have correct resolution all the usual options.
All partitions can be mounted/selected for Nandroid backup.

However any attempt to restore a backup results in invalid argument for /system, and results in being unable to boot system (only TWRP recovery), requiring a reflash. In addition, attempting installing .zips to /systems results in an error about corrupted .zip file. However, installing a zip to /boot such as 'orange_state_disabler_MTK Only' works fine.

Data partition was decrypted according to this post: https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-29013.html prior to flashing TWRP.

Would appreciate some advice on a possible fix, please.

two things, either
1. when you backup, exclude system_image and vendor_image during the backup, so your backup will have only one system and vendor i.e the true partition backup
2. edit the recovery.fstab and remove the lines for system_image and vendor_image (during backup, you'll no longer find them)

if you go with the 2nd option, then you might want to add ;flashimg=1 flag to both system and vendor. just incase you decide to flash GSI custom roms
e.g
/system ext4 /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/system flags=backup=1;flashimg=1
/vendor ext4 /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/vendor flags=backup=1;flashimg=1
longjohn
longjohn
longjohn
Enthusiastic Member
14-03-2020, 11:14 PM
(13-03-2020, 10:08 AM)X3non 2. edit the recovery.fstab and remove the lines for system_image and vendor_image (during backup, you'll no longer find them)

if you go with the 2nd option, then you might want to add ;flashimg=1 flag to both system and vendor. just incase you decide to flash GSI custom roms
e.g
/system      ext4    /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/system  flags=backup=1;flashimg=1
/vendor      ext4    /dev/block/platform/bootdevice/by-name/vendor  flags=backup=1;flashimg=1
Many thanks for your response.

Vendor is still select able, but system is no longer present and nandroid back up fails with 'unable to find partition for path '/system'', and Error opening: ' ' (No such file or directory).

Many thanks.
Attached Files
.txt
recovery.fstab.txt
Size: 3.51 KB / Downloads: 3
.txt
recovery.log.txt
Size: 1.03 MB / Downloads: 1
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
16-03-2020, 09:26 AM
(14-03-2020, 11:14 PM)longjohn Many thanks for your response.

Vendor is still select able, but system is no longer present and nandroid back up fails with 'unable to find partition for path '/system'', and Error opening: ' ' (No such file or directory).

Many thanks.

each partition needs to be on a new line, if you take a closer look at recovery.fstab.txt you last uploaded, /system is on the same line as vendor
it should be on a new line (just like i put in it my previous message) so twrp can identify it as a partition
longjohn
longjohn
longjohn
Enthusiastic Member
16-03-2020, 07:59 PM

(16-03-2020, 09:26 AM)X3non
(14-03-2020, 11:14 PM)longjohn Many thanks for your response.

Many thanks.

each partition needs to be on a new line, if you take a closer look at recovery.fstab.txt you last uploaded, /system is on the same line as vendor
it should be on a new line (just like i put in it my previous message) so twrp can identify it as a partition
OK, thanks. I've made some progress. I spotted and fixed fstab to have /system and vendor on separate lines, but still got issues. So I reverted to your no. 1) suggestion and attempted to backup again, one to the external sd card, and one to otg. The external sdcard appeared to finish without errors, however the recovery log and .info files were unreadable (ie. lots of characters, but nothing discernable, perhaps spaces, idk). However the one to otg also appeared to run without error, but the log and .info's were all readable.

I don't feel brave enough to try a restore yet, maybe later tonight... maybe.

Anyway, thanks again for all your advice.
freshtyt
freshtyt
freshtyt
16-03-2020, 09:04 PM
(16-03-2020, 07:59 PM)longjohn OK, thanks. I've made some progress. I spotted and fixed fstab to have /system and vendor on separate lines, but still got issues. So I reverted to your no. 1) suggestion and attempted to backup again, one to the external sd card, and one to otg. The external sdcard appeared to finish without errors, however the recovery log and .info files were unreadable (ie. lots of characters, but nothing discernable, perhaps spaces, idk). However the one to otg also appeared to run without error, but the log and .info's were all readable.

I don't feel brave enough to try a restore yet, maybe later tonight... maybe.

Anyway, thanks again for all your advice.

you can compare files from within ext-sd with their counterparts in otg to see if they're the same. if they are then you can be brave enough to try restore