Hovatek Forum GENERAL General Discussions How to change Spectranet 4G wireless password and SSID
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

How to change Spectranet 4G wireless password and SSID

How to change Spectranet 4G wireless password and SSID

hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
29-04-2015, 07:13 PM

Your Spectranet Mifi or CPE's SSID is that name that people see (under available networks) when they wish to connect to your Wifi (wirelesss) network. This guide explains how to set a custom SSID and change your WiFi key for better security.

Why do I need to change my WiFi key & Dashboard password

Its not advisable to retain your default WiFi key as anybody could connect to your WiFI network just by gaining physical access to your device (the default key is usually printed on the device). Its equally dangerous when you don't change your dashboard (192.168***) password from the default. This is because someone who's connected to your WiFi network could easily login to the dashboard (using the publicly known defaults) and carry out malicious activities .

Steps to change Spectranet 4G WiFi password and SSID

The steps below will explain how to change your Swift WiFi password, SSID and other settings

1. Connect to your Spectranet Wi-Fi or WLAN
  2. Launch your browser
  3. In the address bar, type 192.168.8.1 and press Enter
  4. You should now be in the Portal

[Image: how-to-change-spectranet-wireless-passwo...SSID-1.jpg]

5. Click on Settings

[Image: how-to-change-spectranet-wireless-passwo...SSID-2.jpg]

6. In the Login box that pops up, supply your credentials and click Login.

Default username: user
    Default password: user

If the above credentials don't work then try

Default username: admin
    Default password: admin

[Image: how-to-change-spectranet-wireless-passwo...SSID-3.jpg]

7. From this point, its the same method used for SWIFT @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-1098.html

Important Notice
If you'd changed your default password (from user | admin) and have forgotten that then you'll need to reset the modem
This post was last modified: 07-10-2019, 06:39 AM by hovatek.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bindaz4life
bindaz4life
bindaz4life
17-01-2016, 08:16 AM
Hello, my login password isn't user and I have forgotten it. I'm using the mifi so the reset doesn't change it back to default. Is there any way to change it back?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
17-01-2016, 07:53 PM
(17-01-2016, 08:16 AM)bindaz4life Hello, my login password isn't user and I have forgotten it. I'm using the mifi so the reset doesn't change it back to default. Is there any way to change it back?

if you changed your password from the default one then you need to call their customer care (see https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-6660.html) or take the Mifi to their office

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.