Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Tutorial] How to revive a totally dead Mediatek device
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

[Tutorial] How to revive a totally dead Mediatek device

[Tutorial] How to revive a totally dead Mediatek device

Pages (41): Previous 19 10 11 12 1341 Next
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-07-2014, 12:11 PM

(12-07-2014, 11:18 AM)bhovuh Am having a problem with my tecno f8 mt6589 chip, the phone got bricked, hard bricked, i got a back up from someone using a similar phone and tried flashing back using ur guide in this forum. i have never successfully flashed the new rom cuz i keep getting a "s_da_sdmmc write failed (3149)" error. i installed the mtk drivers on my laptop which is a win 8.1 OS and when the phone is plugged into the laptop wit a usb, a mtk usb vcom pops up in device manager, i never get the mtk usb preloader, i donno if thats the problem.. but pls can u help?
Give us a list of all the files you have in the backup you made

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bhovuh
bhovuh
bhovuh
12-07-2014, 01:04 PM
(12-07-2014, 12:11 PM)hovatek
(12-07-2014, 11:18 AM)bhovuh Am having a problem with my tecno f8 mt6589 chip, the phone got bricked, hard bricked, i got a back up from someone using a similar phone and tried flashing back using ur guide in this forum. i have never successfully flashed the new rom cuz i keep getting a "s_da_sdmmc write failed (3149)" error. i installed the mtk drivers on my laptop which is a win 8.1 OS and when the phone is plugged into the laptop wit a usb, a mtk usb vcom pops up in device manager, i never get the mtk usb preloader, i donno if thats the problem.. but pls can u help?
Give us a list of all the files you have in the backup you made

okay..
here are the files;
boot;EBR1;EBR2;expdb;recovery;logo;MBR;misc;nvram;nvram;pmt;preloader;pro_info;protect_f;protect_s;seccfg;secro;system;uboot and then the scatter file
when i load the scatter file on sp flash tools am allowed to load these files
preloader;mbr;ebr1;nvram;uboot;bootimg;recovery;secro;logo;ebr2 and android.
thanks for ur response
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-07-2014, 03:10 PM
(12-07-2014, 01:04 PM)bhovuh okay..
here are the files;
boot;EBR1;EBR2;expdb;recovery;logo;MBR;misc;nvram;nvram;pmt;preloader;pro_info;protect_f;protect_s;seccfg;secro;system;uboot and then the scatter file
thanks for ur response
A What version of SP Flash tool are you using?
Also, check your inbox (at the top), we've sent you a private message.

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
bhovuh
bhovuh
bhovuh
12-07-2014, 05:45 PM
(12-07-2014, 03:10 PM)hovatek
(12-07-2014, 01:04 PM)bhovuh okay..
here are the files;
thanks for ur response
A What version of SP Flash tool are you using?
Also, check your inbox (at the top), we've sent you a private message.

i have used various versions of the sp flash tool i used v3.1316.0.150, v5.1348.00, v3.1224.01, v3.1312.0.139, v3.1332.0.sn187, v3.1344.0.212 and v5.1352.01
okay would do
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
12-07-2014, 06:25 PM

the file you sent was our own backup, what we need are individual files from your end, waiting for those. In the mean time, After loading scatter file in sp flash tool,
1. What items are ticked
2. What items aren't ticked?

Note!
bhovuh
bhovuh
bhovuh
12-07-2014, 06:36 PM
(12-07-2014, 06:25 PM)hovatek the file you sent was our own backup, what we need are individual files from your end, waiting for those. In the mean time, After loading scatter file in sp flash tool,
1. What items are ticked
2. What items aren't ticked?

if that was ur backup, that is the backup i used, downloaded it from there.
i ticked all the items i listed above that i was allowed to load via the scatter file i attached in the email i sent.
I tried flashing just the boot, recovery and system files at first, when its downloading to the fone, i tried flashing just the preloader, then i ticked all of them for loading.
Thanks for ur response.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-07-2014, 12:23 AM
(12-07-2014, 06:36 PM)bhovuh if that was ur backup, that is the backup i used, downloaded it from there.
i ticked all the items i listed above that i was allowed to load via the scatter file i attached in the email i sent.
I tried flashing just the boot, recovery and system files at first, when its downloading to the fone, i tried flashing just the preloader, then i ticked all of them for loading.
Thanks for ur response.
If i get you right, you didn't use the scatter file in our backup you downloaded. Where did you get the scatter file you used?

Note!
bhovuh
bhovuh
bhovuh
13-07-2014, 12:32 AM
(13-07-2014, 12:23 AM)hovatek
(12-07-2014, 06:36 PM)bhovuh if that was ur backup, that is the backup i used, downloaded it from there.
Thanks for ur response.
If i get you right, you didn't use the scatter file in our backup you downloaded. Where did you get the scatter file you used?

i used the scatter file in the back up first, before i tried the other which i attached in the email i sent.
And i got it from a android blog page.
bhovuh
bhovuh
bhovuh
13-07-2014, 11:49 AM
hello?
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
13-07-2014, 12:36 PM

(13-07-2014, 11:49 AM)bhovuh hello?
Please, for this session, you'll only be using the scatter file contained in our backup. Now, load the scatter file in our backup and tell us which items are ticked and which items are not ticked

Note!
Pages (41): Previous 19 10 11 12 1341 Next