Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android [Please help] Dead Lenovo A328 after flashing stock rom successfully with linux sp flash tool
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

[Please help] Dead Lenovo A328 after flashing stock rom successfully with linux sp flash tool

[Please help] Dead Lenovo A328 after flashing stock rom successfully with linux sp flash tool

rdwenrich
rdwenrich
rdwenrich
14-05-2018, 02:30 AM

How is it possible to get a flash successful result from sp flash tool and still have a dead phone? If, by chance I had a bad stock rom wouldn't I receive some sort of error? I am trying to figure out what I can do now. I was going to try sp flash tool version 3 but I think it is not available for Linux. I hope you can help. Thanks.
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
14-05-2018, 12:05 PM
(14-05-2018, 02:30 AM)rdwenrich How is it possible to get a flash successful result from sp flash tool and still have a dead phone? If, by chance I had a bad stock rom wouldn't I receive some sort of error? I am trying to figure out what I can do now. I was going to try sp flash tool version 3 but I think it is not available for Linux. I hope you can help. Thanks.

Its very possible and is called variants. Just because a firmware is for your phone model doesn't necessarily mean its for your variant of that model.
Try charging the battery for a while. If it still doesn't boot up then you'll need to flash a different firmware for your model till one works

Note!
We have a reply schedule for Free Support. Please upgrade to Private Support if you can't wait.
rdwenrich
rdwenrich
rdwenrich
14-05-2018, 12:47 PM
(14-05-2018, 12:05 PM)hovatek
(14-05-2018, 02:30 AM)rdwenrich How is it possible to get a flash successful result from sp flash tool and still have a dead phone? If, by chance I had a bad stock rom wouldn't I receive some sort of error? I am trying to figure out what I can do now. I was going to try sp flash tool version 3 but I think it is not available for Linux. I hope you can help. Thanks.

Its very possible and is called variants. Just because a firmware is for your phone model doesn't necessarily mean its for your variant of that model.
Try charging the battery for a while. If it still doesn't boot up then you'll need to flash a different firmware for your model till one works

If sp flash tool downloaded all the files successfully do you believe that would rule out a hardware problem? In other words, do you think it should be fixed if I just had the matching variant of the firmware? I just measured the battery at 3.17 volts. I have had it plugged in continuously for the last couple days. As for firmware variants, I already tried another firmware dated 2015.That also flashed successful with the green check mark. The firmware I just tried is from 2014. if the firmware is actually bad would sp flash tool give an error? I don't think there are many more variant of firmware for me to try.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
14-05-2018, 05:24 PM
(14-05-2018, 12:47 PM)rdwenrich If sp flash tool downloaded all the files successfully do you believe that would rule out a hardware problem? In other words, do you think it should be fixed if I just had the matching variant of the firmware? I just measured the battery at 3.17 volts. I have had it plugged in continuously for the last couple days. As for firmware variants, I already tried another firmware dated 2015.That also flashed successful with the green check mark. The firmware I just tried is from 2014. if the firmware is actually bad would sp flash tool give an error? I don't think there are many more variant of firmware for me to try.

you would normally consider hardware problem if you are 100% sure you flashed the correct build number.
check the list at https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10450.html for more stock roms to try