Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android DEAD/BRICKED INFINIX HOT 4 PRO
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

DEAD/BRICKED INFINIX HOT 4 PRO

DEAD/BRICKED INFINIX HOT 4 PRO

wilfem
wilfem
wilfem
14-04-2018, 10:27 PM

A friend of mine gave me a rooted infinix X556 (Hot 4 Pro) to unroot for him
I actually had in mind to just flash it, knowing well that it'll take care of both the rooting and ROM issues.
But in the process checking the root, I got to know that TWRP Recovery was used for the rooting.

I later got it successfully unrooted, and I tried to get rid of the TWRP by flashing just only the Recovery, but it wasn't just going through.
My friend collected the phone and was using it, Having been wiped with TWRP.
But after some days later, he came back with the phone, as it can only boot to the TWRP (It was even showing in the TWRP that NO OS Installed). He got the phone into that situation by trying to use TWRP to do a factory reset.

So, when I later collected phone, The initial OS version that actually came with the phone was X556-H371A-N-170926V157.
But I successfully flashed X556-H371A1-M-160906V70 MT6737M, using flashtool 5.1640, After the flashing, the phone couldn't power on again, and that's where the bulk of the problem is now.
Now it seems the phone to have been bricked, Guys, Please, how can I succesfully unbrick it and bring it back to life?
Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
15-04-2018, 08:22 AM
(14-04-2018, 10:27 PM)wilfem A friend of mine gave me a rooted infinix X556 (Hot 4 Pro) to unroot for him
I actually had in mind to just flash it, knowing well that it'll take care of both the rooting and ROM issues.
But in the process checking the root, I got to know that TWRP Recovery was used for the rooting.

I later got it successfully unrooted, and I tried to get rid of the TWRP by flashing just only the Recovery, but it wasn't just going through.
But after some days later, he came back with the phone, as it can only boot to the TWRP (It was even showing in the TWRP that NO OS Installed). He got the phone into that situation by trying to use TWRP to do a factory reset.

So, when I later collected phone, The initial OS version that actually came with the phone was X556-H371A-N-170926V157.
But I successfully flashed X556-H371A1-M-160906V70 MT6737M, using flashtool 5.1640, After the flashing, the phone couldn't power on again, and that's where the bulk of the problem is now.
Now it seems the phone to have been bricked, Guys, Please, how can I succesfully unbrick it and bring it back to life?
Hi! I once had such a problem with the same phone where I was making a backup with Miracle Box (in preparation of rooting ), and after successfully backing up, phone won't boot or charge!
The normal fix stated will be to charge it for a long unknown time. Some people even had to wait as long as a week.
Well, I couldn't wait like that so I opened it up and disconnected the battery from the motherboard to get the phone revived.
Note that this rids you of any warranty.
Try that if only you can and let's see the outcome.

Sent from my TECNO M3 using Tapatalk
wilfem
wilfem
wilfem
15-04-2018, 02:17 PM
(15-04-2018, 08:22 AM)Benzalf
(14-04-2018, 10:27 PM)wilfem A friend of mine gave me a rooted infinix X556 (Hot 4 Pro) to unroot for him

Hi! I once had such a problem with the same phone where I was making a backup with Miracle Box (in preparation of rooting ), and after successfully backing up, phone won't boot or charge!
The normal fix stated will be to charge it for a long unknown time. Some people even had to wait as long as a week.
Well, I couldn't wait like that so I opened it up and disconnected the battery from the motherboard to get the phone revived.

I have tried the battery disconnection option, yet it won't still power up, talk lees of booting into any mode.
wilfem
wilfem
wilfem
15-04-2018, 07:52 PM

Well, I thank God I didn't relent on my own effort by not giving up on the phone as some people, even from other forum have already condemned it, telling me that there's neither chance or any hopes of the phone to be recovered.
I later used Infinix Flash tool to flash the same firmware I flashed with SP flash tool, (which made the phone dead) and now the phone is up and running well.
It seems to me that the Infinix flash Tool is somehow better than the Normal SP Flash Tool.
Attached Files
.jpg
20180415_193605.jpg
Size: 826.18 KB / Downloads: 19
.jpg
20180415_193841.jpg
Size: 848.62 KB / Downloads: 15
Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
17-04-2018, 11:14 AM

(15-04-2018, 07:52 PM)wilfem

Well, I thank God I didn't relent on my own effort by not giving up on the phone as some people, even from other forum have already condemned it, telling me that there's neither chance or any hopes of the phone to be recovered.
I later used Infinix Flash tool to flash the same firmware I flashed with SP flash tool, (which made the phone dead) and now the phone is up and running well.
It seems to me that the Infinix flash Tool is somehow better than the Normal SP Flash Tool.
Okay ...that's great to know.

Benzalf
Benzalf
Benzalf
17-04-2018, 11:18 AM
I had to join Gnd and Kcolo gold points when I bricked my friend's phone. How relieved I was when I got it back alive. Hehehe!