Hovatek Forum DESKTOP Windows Windows backup and restore
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Windows backup and restore

Windows backup and restore

Samwanjeri
Samwanjeri
Samwanjeri
18-07-2017, 08:59 AM

Hello I'm running on windows 8.1 official that I bought my laptop with. I want to format and install windows 10 but I realized I might need the official windows 8.1 in future. is it possible to create a backup image that can be restored from windows 10? Thanks

Sent from my Infinix HOT 4 using Tapatalk
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
18-07-2017, 11:18 AM
(18-07-2017, 08:59 AM)Samwanjeri Hello I'm running on windows 8.1 official that I bought my laptop with. I want to format and install windows 10 but I realized I might need the official windows 8.1 in future. is it possible to create a backup image that can be restored from windows 10? Thanks

Sent from my Infinix HOT 4 using Tapatalk

This might be possible tho i've never really tried this on two different windows.

Method 1 - Creating System Image directly from windows
* goto control panel > system and security > file history > create a system image
* you should store this image on an external drive (its going to large depending on data stored in your PC)

to restore this image, hold shift key and click on restart (it should take you to the advanced option menu)
* click on system image recovery then navigate to and select the image file you created earlier on.

Method 2 - 3rd Party SW
SWs such as acronis true image can create a image backup of your PC. you can search for other SWs like it.