Home Forum Blog Private Support Courses
Our courses are now on YouTube! Start Watching
Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs pls help

pls help

pls help

EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
Senior Member
1,677
27-12-2016, 09:46 PM
#1



My Gateway pc comes on,but does not display on screen. I bought it that way from a friend. I have tried different combinations of ram, single double,different slots at a time, with tested rams, no show, I changed processor with a working one, no show. The laptop does not have capslock and numlock lights. When the laptop comes on, the fan spins for about 5secs then goes off. I leave th system on for like 5mins at a time,but it doesn't heat up considerably.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Intern
4,774
28-12-2016, 08:43 AM
#2
(27-12-2016, 09:46 PM)EMMANUS My Gateway pc comes on,but does not display on screen. I bought it that way from a friend. I have tried different combinations of ram, single double,different slots at a time, with tested rams, no show, I changed processor with a working one, no show. The laptop does not have capslock and numlock lights. When the laptop comes on, the fan spins for about 5secs then goes off. I leave th system on for like 5mins at a time,but it doesn't heat up considerably.

Its like the Screen, Flex or Mother Board problem.
Connect the PC to an external monitor. if it can display then its the motherboard

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
Senior Member
1,677
28-12-2016, 10:22 AM
#3
It did not work on an external monitor also
hovatek
hovatek
hovatek
Administrator
50,989
28-12-2016, 05:42 PM
#4
(28-12-2016, 10:22 AM)EMMANUS It did not work on an external monitor also

it points to the last culprit of no display issues.
"the VGA on the motherboard is now faulty".
you can try reworking the motherboard but there's a big chance you'll need to replace the motherboard

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
EMMANUS
Senior Member
1,677
28-12-2016, 06:13 PM
#5

Mediatek Course Mediatek Course


Before the fault,it degenerated from fan not spinning,then overheating,now the fan only spins for a short while.
maxpayne
maxpayne
maxpayne
Intern
4,774
29-12-2016, 09:11 AM
#6
(28-12-2016, 06:13 PM)EMMANUS Before the fault,it degenerated from fan not spinning,then overheating,now the fan only spins for a short while.

its like your motherboard will need to be replaced

Learn MediaTek, Unisoc / Spreadtrum (SPD) and Qualcomm Software Repairs @ https://www.hovatek.com/training
Note!
We have a reply schedule for Forum Support. Please try Private Support if you can't wait.
Users browsing this thread:
 1 Guest(s)
Users browsing this thread:
 1 Guest(s)
WhTlYt