Home Forum Blog Private Support Courses
Our courses are now on YouTube! Start Watching
Hovatek Forum OPERATING SYSTEMS Windows How to connect to FTP server?

How to connect to FTP server?

How to connect to FTP server?

Jason B
Jason B
Jason B
Newbie
2
13-01-2022, 08:04 AM
#1



Hi. I am trying to create an FTP server on my windows 11 machine

I have tried such guides as this one:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-set-f...ows-10?amp

but I just can't seem to access it online from Chrome or the file explorer. It just errors and says 'could not connect make sure the username etc is correct" even when I try to login anonymously.

Any guides or input is welcomed.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Hovatek Mobile
Jason B
Jason B
Jason B
Newbie
2
23-03-2022, 04:44 PM
#2
I ended up making an ftp but because of security reasons, deleted it and now I have an sftp

All I had to do was get my ipv4 address and enable firewall outbound and inbound rules in firewall advanced settings.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Hovatek Mobile
This post was last modified: 23-03-2022, 04:49 PM by Jason B.
Oakleigh
Oakleigh
Oakleigh
Newbie
1
04-05-2023, 09:10 AM
#3
Check your firewall settings. Make sure your FTP port is open and allowed in your firewall. If not, add a rule to allow it.
Users browsing this thread:
 1 Guest(s)
Users browsing this thread:
 1 Guest(s)
WhTlYt