Home Forum Blog Private Support Courses
Our courses are now on YouTube! Start Watching
Hovatek Forum HARDWARE Repairs [Please help] How to backup firmware of a modem and also unlock it ?

[Please help] How to backup firmware of a modem and also unlock it ?

[Please help] How to backup firmware of a modem and also unlock it ?

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
awesomeironman
awesomeironman
awesomeironman
Senior Member
138
20-04-2016, 12:32 PM
#1



hello hovatek team,
first of all I'll delete the thread if you think that modem related problems should not be here
just tell me if its not allowed
OK so,
I have huawei E5573S - 606 mobile WiFi modem
which is locked on Airtel network
so, first I wanna take its firmwares backup for safety and warranty
and then
I would like to unlock it
so I will be able to use any sim on it
so hovatek team please help
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22,062
20-04-2016, 12:59 PM
#2
(20-04-2016, 12:32 PM)awesomeironman hello hovatek team,
first of all I'll delete the thread if you think that modem related problems should not be here
just tell me if its not allowed
OK so,
I have huawei E5573S - 606 mobile WiFi modem
which is locked on Airtel network
so, first I wanna take its firmwares backup for safety and warranty
and then
I would like to unlock it
so I will be able to use any sim on it
so hovatek team please help

you can backup the dashboard using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10894.html

unlock the modem using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-81.html
* use the new algorithm HUAWEI modems method
awesomeironman
awesomeironman
awesomeironman
Senior Member
138
20-04-2016, 02:18 PM
#3
(20-04-2016, 12:59 PM)X3non you can backup the dashboard using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10894.html

unlock the modem using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-81.html
* use the new algorithm HUAWEI modems method

well, my modem drive doesn't show in my computer
though I had seen it first time
when I had first time connected it to PC
now it dosent show
awesomeironman
awesomeironman
awesomeironman
Senior Member
138
20-04-2016, 02:36 PM
#4
and also how to restore that backup ? that iso ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22,062
20-04-2016, 09:15 PM
#5

Mediatek Course Mediatek Course


(20-04-2016, 02:36 PM)awesomeironman and also how to restore that backup ? that iso ?

to get your drive to show again, uninstall the modem's software and driver from the PC. OR connect the modem to another PC that you havent installed the dashboard on

you can flash the ISO back using DC unlocker. see the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-10895.html
awesomeironman
awesomeironman
awesomeironman
Senior Member
138
21-04-2016, 04:49 AM
#6
help I am unable to backup firmware
it stucks at "import iso from CDROM"
awesomeironman
awesomeironman
awesomeironman
Senior Member
138
22-04-2016, 03:17 PM
#7
hello help bro
it stucks at importing iso
means creating iso
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22,062
23-04-2016, 03:49 PM
#8
(22-04-2016, 03:17 PM)awesomeironman hello help bro
it stucks at importing iso
means creating iso

do you mean MagicISO gets stuck along the way?

* try copying out the content of the modems drive to an empty folder on your desktop. lets see if it would copy successfully
awesomeironman
awesomeironman
awesomeironman
Senior Member
138
23-04-2016, 06:26 PM
#9
yes I can successfully copy all the content
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
22,062
25-04-2016, 01:53 PM
#10
(23-04-2016, 06:26 PM)awesomeironman yes I can successfully copy all the content

* copy out the content of the drive to an empty folder
* when copying is complete, open the folder
* select all items inside the folder
* right click on the selected items > MagicISO > Add to image file...
* a new magic iso window should open containing all the files
* click on File > Save
* select the folder where you want to place the iso file
* enter any name you like for the backup iso file
* ensure the format is standard iso image
* finally click on save

the newly created iso file is your backup.
Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Users browsing this thread:
 1 Guest(s)
Users browsing this thread:
 1 Guest(s)
WhTlYt