Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Cubot Quest Lite Bootloop Orange State
Can't login? Please, reset your password.
Hovatek is recruiting! Apply Now

Cubot Quest Lite Bootloop Orange State

Cubot Quest Lite Bootloop Orange State

andnowtreble
andnowtreble
andnowtreble
Enthusiastic Member
18-04-2021, 08:23 PM

After flashing Lineage 17.1 i get a Bootloop at orange state.

Restoring original System and generating TWRP with the hovatek tool and flashing only TWRP produced also a bootloop
Tried [Hovatek]_Mediatek_Auto_TWRP_Recovery_Porter_V1.7a_by_Team_Hovatek.7z
Tried also [Hovatek]_Spreadtrum_(SPD)_Auto_TWRP_Recovery_Porter_V1.4_by_Team_Hovatek.7z

Flashing is done from Linux PC with following commands:
1. Try Lineage System without a Rocovery:
fastboot flashing unlock (volume key up for confirmation)
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img <-- vbmeta.img from Cubot Stock rom
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system lineage-17.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_avS.img
fastboot reboot
I tried also lineage-17.1-20210321-UNOFFICIAL-treble_a64_avS.img

2. Try Only TWRP Recovery with Stock Rom System unchanged
generate recovery with Hovatek Recovery Porter, then
restore original System with SP-Flash-Tool, then
fastboot flashing unlock (volume key up for confirmation)
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot
Then try to enter Recovery by pressing Volume-UP+Power-Key

I was successfull with a Cubot Kingkong Mini with the same approach. Both phones from cubot have the same CPU, RAM, Camera
Mediatek MT6761 Helio A22, 64bit

Any ideas to get Lineage or TWRP running?
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
19-04-2021, 05:43 AM
Your device is MTK so SPD TWRP should not work for your device.

Before ./fastboot reboot you should enter ./fastboot -w
If the ROMs work for your device, it will be bootable.

Flashing GSI ROMs is trial and error process. There is no gaurantee that flashing a GSI ROM on one device will be successful for the others.
I've got bootloops more than 50% from flashing GSI ROMs for over a hundred times on different Android devices.

phhusson's GSI ROMs have the most succes rate. Try both vanilla and vndk lite versions to test.
You may also try floss version with Aurora Store for the GAPPS alternatives.
If your devices cannot boot his ROMs, there will be less possibility that other ROMs will be bootable.
Right now he is not supporting on Android 10. So there is only Android 11 ROMs that are updated.

This link is for Android 10 v.222 which is the last update.
https://github.com/phhusson/treble_exper...s/tag/v222
andnowtreble
andnowtreble
andnowtreble
Enthusiastic Member
23-04-2021, 08:50 PM
Thank you for the answer.
There is one Line i don't understand:
"If the ROMs work for your device, it will be bootable"
Which ROMs?
What does "work for your device" mean?
What does "it will be bootable" mean?

The device has Android 9. I tested lineage-17.1 which is Android 10.
Do i have a better chance trying Android 9 GSI's?

Since i am able to flash a GSI system with fastboot, do i need a TWRP or should it start the GSI system with stock recovery?
I get the same bootloop after flashing a system leaving recovery from stock.
This post was last modified: 23-04-2021, 08:56 PM by andnowtreble.
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
24-04-2021, 03:57 AM
(23-04-2021, 08:50 PM)andnowtreble Thank you for the answer.
There is one Line i don't understand:
"If the ROMs work for your device, it will be bootable"
Which ROMs?
What does "work for your device" mean?
What does "it will be bootable" mean?

The device has Android 9. I tested lineage-17.1 which is Android 10.
Do i have a better chance trying Android 9 GSI's?

Since i am able to flash a GSI system with fastboot, do i need a TWRP or should it start the GSI system with stock recovery?
I get the same bootloop after flashing a system leaving recovery from stock.

What I meant was if the GSI ROMs that you want to flash can boot up your device, enter ./fastboot -w to wipe out data will have the ROMs boot up. If not, the ROMs you flashed are not bootable for your device.

The main concept of Project treble is to have the supported Android devices to flash any GSI ROMs. You just need the firmwares from the manufacturers that are compatible with the GSI ROMs. I could flash Android 11 on Teclast T30 and M30 Pro which are released with Android 9 and 10 repectively.

GSI ROMs are pure system with no firmwares. There are some version of GSI ROMs that come with necessary firmwares that is vndk lite. There are some GSI ROMs that have vndk lite version available.

Edit: I have never flashed GSI ROMs using TWRP or custom recovery. But this does not mean TWRP or custom recovery cannot flash GSI ROMs. The devices that I flashed GSI ROMs just don't have any custom recovery that could flash GSI ROMs at the time I did it.
This post was last modified: 24-04-2021, 04:01 AM by siamese007.
andnowtreble
andnowtreble
andnowtreble
Enthusiastic Member
24-04-2021, 07:58 PM

I searched now about your thing called "vndk lite" and found:
On my device stock ROM i run Treble Check App with following result:
• Project Treble supported VNDK 28.0 is also bundled alongside it
• A-only
• 64-bit ARM
On PHHUSSON i found vndklite only for A/B Partitioning

So i wonder:
- Do i need a vndklite ROM since Stockrom supported VNDK28.0 or may a ROM without vndklite work?
- Does A-only vndklite custom ROM's exist?

Later:
Treble Ceck reported wrong A-only; Trebleinfo App reported AB Partitioning
Flashing system-roar-arm64-ab-vndklite-vanilla.img was the system that started.
fastboot -w returned errors, so restarted into stock-recovery and wiped cache from there

Unfortunately wlan dit not work and after swich off / on, the "android" animation is endless now.
This post was last modified: 24-04-2021, 09:50 PM by andnowtreble.
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
24-04-2021, 08:34 PM
(24-04-2021, 07:58 PM)andnowtreble I searched now about your thing called "vndk lite" and found:
On my device stock ROM i run Treble Check App with following result:
• Project Treble supported VNDK 28.0 is also bundled alongside it
• A-only
• 64-bit ARM
On PHHUSSON i found vndklite only for A/B Partitioning

So i wonder:
- Do i need a vndklite ROM since Stockrom supported VNDK28.0 or may a ROM without vndklite work?
- Does A-only vndklite custom ROM's exist?

Your Treble Check App shows your device is A-Only and ARM64 so you should flash GSI ROM with A-Only ARM64.
But from my experience Treble Check App may inform wrong info. For example, the app said my device is A-Only but actually it's A/B.
If you got error about partition type of A-Only when you flash GSI ROMs, then try A/B.

non-vndk lite GSI ROMs can also be bootable but the ROMs with vndk lite will be possibly more bootable.
Right now mostly Android devices that are releaseed with Android 10 are A/B ARM64.
So Most developers create GSI ROMs with A/B ARM64 rather than A-Only ARM64.
Only expert developers like phhusson who create GSI ROMs that are widely for all types of Android devices.
andnowtreble
andnowtreble
andnowtreble
Enthusiastic Member
25-04-2021, 09:06 AM
Thanks a lot for the help
finally i got the phhussons system-roar-arm64-ab-vndklite-vanilla.img booting and running. Everything seems to work
Installed f-droid app and from there opencamera. Thougt i am ready to use .... but ....

Now i have a new issue:
Every Reboot or ShutOff/On starts until the systems animated text "android" is shown and does nor go any further.
I need a factory reset done with recovery or from system before the reboot to boot another time.
This happens also if i do nothing after a start before the restart.

Is this also a well known issue with typical solutions?
Otherwise i would try other roms
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
25-04-2021, 09:29 AM
(25-04-2021, 09:06 AM)andnowtreble Thanks a lot for the help
finally i got the phhussons system-roar-arm64-ab-vndklite-vanilla.img booting and running. Everything seems to work
Installed f-droid app and from there opencamera. Thougt i am ready to use .... but ....

Now i have a new issue:
Every Reboot or ShutOff/On starts until the systems animated text "android" is shown and does nor go any further.
I need a factory reset done with recovery or from system before the reboot to boot another time.
This happens also if i do nothing after a start before the restart.

Is this also a well known issue with typical solutions?
Otherwise i would try other roms

So your device is A/B ARM64, right?
You may try other GSI ROMs that fit into your /system partition.

For me flashing phhusson's GSI ROMs are to test the support of the devices.
I could play games only 15 minutes on phhusson's ROMs and then blown off.
But phhusson's GSI ROMs come with SU installed so no need to root anymore.

My favorite GSI ROM is crDroid. I have tested by many aspects and especially playing games with no crashes for hours.
There are some other developers who create some variants of crDroid ROMs. But I am currently using the following ROMs.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/trebler...es/crDRom/

This ROMs come with SU binary but need to install SU manager to run SU correctly.
I did not do anything about this so I don't know how to do it.
If you know how to install and run SU manager to run it properly, please share your technics.
andnowtreble
andnowtreble
andnowtreble
Enthusiastic Member
25-04-2021, 08:34 PM
I have a running Android 11 / Lineage 18.1 now
download lineage-18.1-20210411-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS-vndklite.img.xz from https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/
This one does also work with switch off/on or restart. (This was not working with phhusson's)

I did not test your suggested CRDroid til now. This would be my next try, but i stay with Lineage for now.
I have not tested anything about rooting, so i could not tell about it.

Thanks a lot for your help. You where answering really fast. The first time i was waiting a week until looking for answers, recognizing your answer after less than a day. :-)

Finally i invested around 25h to get it running and was at giving up when i started this thread as a last try.

The TWRP autoporter did not work for me and i realized i could go with the stock-recovery.

Best regards
Hermann
siamese007
siamese007
siamese007
Experienced Member
26-04-2021, 04:20 AM

(25-04-2021, 08:34 PM)andnowtreble I have a running Android 11 / Lineage 18.1 now
download lineage-18.1-20210411-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS-vndklite.img.xz from https://sourceforge.net/projects/andyyan-gsi/
This one does also work with switch off/on or restart. (This was not working with phhusson's)

I did not test your suggested CRDroid til now. This would be my next try, but i stay with Lineage for now.
I have not tested anything about rooting, so i could not tell about it.

Thanks a lot for your help. You where answering really fast. The first time i was waiting a week until looking for answers, recognizing your answer after less than a day. :-)

Finally i invested around 25h to get it running and was at giving up when i started this thread as a last try.

The TWRP autoporter did not work for me and i realized i could go with the stock-recovery.

Best regards
Hermann

Glad to hear that you could do it successfully.

crDroid ROMs are based on Lineage OS ROMs but crDroid have GAPPS version.
I was gonna use LOS when I first flashing GSI ROMs but could not find GAPPS version of LOS anywhere.

There are only a few users who actively answer on the webboard. So it does take time to wait.
I try to answer as many questions as I could. Mostly I know about unlocking and flashing GSI ROMs.

Cheers,