Hovatek Forum MOBILE Android Insufficient storage space in System partition (Error 70)
Try our Online TWRP Builder..its free!
Can't login? Please, reset your password.

Insufficient storage space in System partition (Error 70)

Insufficient storage space in System partition (Error 70)

Pages (7): Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
abbey2u
abbey2u
abbey2u
01-05-2019, 07:14 AM

(01-05-2019, 01:42 AM)shankar1790
(30-04-2019, 07:46 PM)abbey2u
(30-04-2019, 10:39 AM)shankar1790
(29-04-2019, 05:42 PM)abbey2u Open GApps pico 5.1 Mounting /data /system
- Gathering device & ROM information

- Performing system space calculations...

Insufficient storage space calculations in
System partition. You may want to use a
smaller Open GApps package or consider
removing some apps using g(oogle con)fig
See: '/sideload/open_gapps_(can't see the rest)
for complete details and information.

Is the error message got in Philly and cmw recovery when try to flash happy.

Are you running stock rom or any custom rom????
Custom ROM I guess.
if you flash a custom rom then i think the sytem.img is too smaller than its origion partition size compare to stock rom img. 
By the way try removing bloatware not system files wisely.

Root not properly installed is the error I got
shankar1790
shankar1790
shankar1790
01-05-2019, 09:06 AM
For quick fix.
Try supersu zip instead magisk . Download latest supersu zip and flash in recovery. Even apps again not getting super su then go to supersu settings and change superuser prompt to grant by default.
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
01-05-2019, 10:59 AM
(01-05-2019, 07:12 AM)abbey2u I have the latest magisk zip  yet superuser not granting root access

which version of magisk zip do you have? v19, v18.1, etc
you might need to try different versions even much older versions i.e assuming you want to continue using magisk OR better still abandon magisk entirely and try supersu.zip as @shankar1790 suggested. you might need to flash back stock boot.img as i doubt supersu will be able to patch magisk patched boot

PS: magisk versions are listed @ https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases ; magisk manager versions are listed just above their corresponding magisk versions
download and flash the magisk zip via a custom recovery then install the magisk manager apk on your phone, then check root and see if it prompts / grants
This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 11:00 AM by X3non.
abbey2u
abbey2u
abbey2u
01-05-2019, 02:35 PM
(01-05-2019, 10:59 AM)X3non
(01-05-2019, 07:12 AM)abbey2u I have the latest magisk zip  yet superuser not granting root access

you might need to try different versions even much older versions i.e assuming you want to continue using magisk OR better still abandon magisk entirely and try supersu.zip as @shankar1790 suggested. you might need to flash back stock boot.img as i doubt supersu will be able to patch magisk patched boot

PS: magisk versions are listed @ https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases ; magisk manager versions are listed just above their corresponding magisk versions
download and flash the magisk zip via a custom recovery then install the magisk manager apk on your phone, then check root and see if it prompts / grants
Sir, my phone is soft brick or better put my phone couldn't load to home screen to show  apps after I flashed gapps. I deleted some files in the zip file thinking it will succeed  after flashing but when I restart the phone in phillz recovery it couldn't load to phone screen. I have a friend that has the same type of my phone that is gionee gn5001s I back up his phone using miracle box when I try to flash the back up in .bin into my phone it seems I don't know how to flash the back up and the back up is around 15gb size
shankar1790
shankar1790
shankar1790
01-05-2019, 05:52 PM

(01-05-2019, 02:35 PM)abbey2u

Sir, my phone is soft brick or better put my phone couldn't load to home screen to show  apps after I flashed gapps. I deleted some files in the zip file thinking it will succeed  after flashing but when I restart the phone in phillz recovery it couldn't load to phone screen. I have a friend that has the same type of my phone that is gionee gn5001s I back up his phone using miracle box when I try to flash the back up in .bin into my phone it seems I don't know how to flash the back up and the back up is around 15gb size

You deleted google core apps from zip that's why its soft bricked.
If you have your firmware wich is zip format (you have uploaded screen shot before) 
Then you can wipe your system in custom recovery and flash or simply sideload in recovery.

Have you wipe dalvik/cache after flashing gapps ??

The backup is quite huge in size .i think it contains userdata img too. To avoid taking time to restore firmware unchek / delete userdata.bin
This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 06:02 PM by shankar1790.
abbey2u
abbey2u
abbey2u
01-05-2019, 08:42 PM
(01-05-2019, 09:06 AM)shankar1790 For quick fix.
Try supersu zip instead magisk . Download latest  supersu zip and flash in recovery. Even apps again not getting super su then go to supersu settings and change superuser prompt to grant by default.

SuperSU makes my phone not to boot to home screen. So, SuperSU didn't work after flashing the the zip  file of the latest and recommended
abbey2u
abbey2u
abbey2u
01-05-2019, 08:51 PM
(01-05-2019, 05:52 PM)shankar1790

If you have your firmware wich is zip format (you have uploaded screen shot before) 
Then you can wipe your system in custom recovery and flash or simply sideload in recovery.

The backup is quite huge in size .i think it contains userdata img too. To avoid taking time to restore firmware unchek / delete userdata.bin

Yes, I have wiped dalvik/cache many times sir. I have done factory rest through custom recovery yet it couldnt load to phone home screen

The back up is huge. How do I do that sir that is, to uncheck or delete userdata.bin ?
With what tool? I still have miracle box on my laptop
abbey2u
abbey2u
abbey2u
01-05-2019, 08:55 PM
(01-05-2019, 08:51 PM)abbey2u
(01-05-2019, 05:52 PM)shankar1790

Yes, I have wiped dalvik/cache many times sir. I have done factory rest through custom recovery yet it couldnt load to phone home screen

The back up is huge. How do I do that sir that is, to uncheck or delete userdata.bin ?
With what tool? I still have miracle box on my laptop

Is the back up I did not the firmware ? How can i get  firmware of gionee gn5001s ?
X3non
X3non
X3non
Recognized Contributor
02-05-2019, 10:06 AM
(01-05-2019, 08:42 PM)abbey2u SuperSU makes my phone not to boot to home screen. So, SuperSU didn't work after flashing the the zip  file of the latest and recommended

just to confirm, you flashed stock boot.img before flashing supersu.zip?
and did you try different versions of supersu.zip?

(01-05-2019, 08:55 PM)abbey2u Is the back up I did not the firmware ? How can i get  firmware of gionee gn5001s ?

backup firmware in scatter file format from your friend's phone using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
you can flash miracle box scatter backup using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html (flash only boot and system.img from the backup)
also backup the current firmware from your phone before flashing anything else and keep it handy
abbey2u
abbey2u
abbey2u
02-05-2019, 12:41 PM

(02-05-2019, 10:06 AM)X3non
(01-05-2019, 08:42 PM)abbey2u SuperSU makes my phone not to boot to home screen. So, SuperSU didn't work after flashing the the zip  file of the latest and recommended

just to confirm, you flashed stock boot.img before flashing supersu.zip?
and did you try different versions of supersu.zip?

(01-05-2019, 08:55 PM)abbey2u Yes, I flashed stock boot.img first before SuperSU file was flashed. I never tried the other versions.

Is the back up I did not the firmware ? How can i get  firmware of gionee gn5001s ?

backup firmware in scatter file format from your friend's phone using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-13347.html
you can flash miracle box scatter backup using the guide @ https://www.hovatek.com/forum/thread-14106.html (flash only boot and system.img from the backup)
also backup the current firmware from your phone before flashing anything else and keep it handy
OK. But I have issues with the miracle box I'm using which is v.2.27. Each time I try to flash after following the process when it gets to select box, it will not show anything for me to select the img i want to flash. What can I do? I'm frustrated right now.
Pages (7): Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next